Gateway monitor on Dell computer

Username: Sdesthetician

Post Number: 1
I am looking at purchasing the Gateway FPD2185W monitor, but am using the Dell Dimension 8300. What do I need to do to the Dell to get best video out of the Gateway? I chose the Gateway because of all the features, plus high resolution of 1680 x 1050. HELP!

anthonybib
Unregistered guest
umm throw away both things...

no im just kidding..just plug it in and u will be good...

but a 21inch screen thats gonna hurt ur eyes its pratically uselesss... unless ur computer is ur media center.

the dell originally came with a 18inch LCD which imo was the best solution. I cant believe u actually dished out the money for that computer though u coulda built ur own for half the price.

Username: Sdesthetician

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your reply. It came with a 15 inch and a friend actually bought it for us as a gift, so never look a gift horse in the mouth, right? Plus, the 21 inch will be installed on a wall of cabinets for a new kitchen which will be far enough away to see well. It will also be used as a tv. Does it still make sense?

anthonybib
Unregistered guest
yea that makes good sense... Ivew seen it done...although u may want to look into partioning the harddrive and run windows media on one partion it would provide for ease of use...but that a whole nother story...

for tv make sure u get a TV tuner cause that thing has RGB and HDTV and RCA inputs but not a tv tuner...

the aspect ratio isnt actcually a widescreen 16x9 its a 16x10 so its not gonna be perfect widescreen...

what u might think about doing instead of using 1 21inch screen use 2-3 17inch screens...it would be around the same price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us