External sound card for laptop...

Username: Ebarak

Post Number: 4
Hi all,

Most of my music is in my laptop and I would like to connect it to my receiver (Denon 3806). I heard that I need to do it using external USB sound card (I have laptop).
Is it true or there is a better way to do it? if I need a sound card, can you please give me a recommendation to a sound card? The main usage is to listen to music (no need for recording abilities) and from time to time for watching movies.
Thanks,

Effi

Username: Outlaw16511

Erie , Pennsylvania US

Post Number: 7
Sound blast makes a 24bit external card. I got one last friday and it's awesome.

Username: Dodi372

Post Number: 4
ok...you can already connect your laptop to your reciever with no extra sound cards but a cable which has on one hand a headphone end and on the other analog end (two ends one white one red):

http://home.earthlink.net/~mac-minidisc/Mac-MD/Images/cable2.jpg

and you just connect it :-) Now for better result for movies and such you would like surround sound would'nt you..so you need to make a digital connection and that's why you need an external sound card. You could buy the Creative Audigy2 Nx which will give you that output and buy a digital cable and you're done. Now you can get a decent sound from the first kind of connection without a new sound card, which is what I have right now, but I am also upgrading to a new sound card with a digital output. I think if you're not watching that much movies and more music...the cable alone should do you fine...If you have more questions just ask..
Link to the soundcard:
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product= 9103

Aaron

Username: Loracle

Pomona, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
I'm a newbie. Does anyone have any experience with an Echo Indigo IO soundcard and how to connect it to a home receiver so I can play my MP3s thru' my home receiver? What's the sound quality like? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 15
Hi Loracle ... I use an Echo Indigo IO for all my computer sound needs (no surround of course) ... I've had it for a few months now and it's been great ... Mp3s sound very good although if the bitrate is low (192kbps and lower) this sound card will definately let you know that ... CDs sound awesome and if you have any CDs recorded to mimic 24-bit sound, you will definately hear a difference in depth ...

... To connect it to your home reciever, you need one simple cord ... A Stereo Mini (1/8 inch) to RCA (Red and White) ... The Sound Card comes with this cord although I suggest a longer one ... at least 8 feet long, so the computer dosen't have to practically sit on the top of the reciever to reach ... the stereo mini end of the cord connects to the rear-facing output hole of the IO ... and the RCA end goes, of course, into each (left and right) inputs of whichever channel you decide to use in your reciever (AUX, CD, MD, etc.).

When the IO is connected, make sure that the volume is all the way up (turning wheel to your left as far as it can go) so that you can manipulate the volume with your reciever, unless of course, you hear distortion ...

... which brings me to my last point ... I have never witnessed any distortion whatsoever wth this soundcard ... this is actually my first soundcard,(I pride myself on getting things right the first time {^.^}) ... I don't think I'll be going sound card shopping very soon either ... Wonderful performance ... Highly Recommended ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us