Is this speed good for a 5 meg account?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3951
I was tweaking my cable modem settings and got a peak speed of 1090k a second and an average speed of 775 k according to internet explorer this was downloading windows media player 9 a 13.3 meg file off of the microsoft website

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 51
yeah, thats pretty good, depends on your provider. over here in oregon i have a 5 meg/sec through qwest and i can get 2000k/sec. but yeah, thats pretty good to be constant that high

Gold Member

Post Number: 3952
wow 2000 how did you get that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3953
quest is business account right?

Bronze Member

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 52
no, its not a business account, its my home account. and i was downloading counter strike updates and it said 2meg/sec. i was like HOLY SH!T. yeah, its the fastest ive seen around here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3956
i bet you did.....what do you hit on microsofts website like the file I did.....also what did you do to tweak your speeds

Gold Member

Post Number: 3957
check this site out that I shared elsewhere on the message board ...so far all ive done is the rwin settings
http://www.askmarvin.ca/

Bronze Member

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 53
what did i do? i connected my computer directly to the modem, and started downloading. i dont know if having a fast computer helps, but check my profile. what provider do you have? and yeah, my friends 6 meg comcast cable internet is way slower than mine, page loading and downloading. and why did you download windows media player 9? do you have an older computer? they have media player 10 now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3958
im using suscom which is going to be bought out and transfered to comcast in about 6 months I have a few computers but the one i did the tweak on so far is a built pc with a athlon 1400 mghz it is runnring windows 98 se I dont like windows xp home I think its slower than 98 anyday windows media 9 is the highest player you can put on 98se they wont let you have 10 ...im considering switching totally to linux since is FREE and has many different platforms plus linux takes full advantage of dual processors unlike windows and its 20 to 30 percent efficiency on the second cpu....I have a 2.93 celeron i have to build yet and a 1.8 athlon xp system to fix since i fried my cpu in it I also have a 700 mghz pentium to build and a 166 mghz if i can get that running again and a 66 mghz that was given to me made by dell lol so i have plenty of computers lol i figure even the 66 mghz can be put to use somehow maybe even overclocked lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us