Pissed off, need help

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 61
OK so my PC is real messed up so I decided to reinstall Windows XP on my MDG using the restart disc that came in the box. Well, at some point the installation just stops, after I select which method (full reinstallation and not upgrade) and after I type in the 16-key serial number on the disc cover.

I tried cleaning the disc trying to make sure the disc wasn't scratched or anything, but that didn't work. The disc wasn't too dirty to begin with.

Then I called MDG to hook me up with the keys to enter the BIOS menu at boot-up only to have them tell me to "Google it".

So here I am, asking for help. Can anyone tell me, or lead me a site that has previous keys used to enter BIOS on MDG PC's? I don't wanna pay money to have this problem fixed.

BTW, I've tried everything from ESC to all the F-keys, only to lead me to how I want Windows to start like in Safe Mode or Debugging Mode etc.

Thanks everybody.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon This one

Post Number: 18
as soon as you restart, immediatly right away keep hitting the delete key and f2, and see if that works. email me if you need further help mrmikelazott@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2335
It really sounds like you have a bad hard drive.

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 62
Thanks guys...I tried hitting del+F2, nothing happened. Then I shut off the power supply, turned it back on, entered right into BIOS, booted upr right from start-up disc, deleted the previous partition from my hard drive and reinstalled fresh copy of windows.

Yes, my hard drive was bad. It seems fine now that I created a brand new partition and deleted the old one. You think any physical damage was to blame?

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon This one

Post Number: 22
yes it could be. i wouldnt risk putting any important information on it. i would get a new hard drive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us