Problems with reformatting any suggegtions

Username: Stang_crazy

Columbus, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 8
Im trying to reformat a friends emachine 667ir.

windows crashed, i got all the data from the HD that they wanted.

But i put the recovery disc in and i goes through its steps asking if i wanna do this, yes then it says itll clear the HD, yeah ok i know that.

so it continuese then all the sudden norton ghost pops up and says im trying to read to a protected dick or something of hat nature. says i can retry or abort so i rebort and some other erroe comes up. and thats all the farhter i can get. i cant even reformat it.

anyone have any ideas whats going on here, if this is a recovery/boot disc why would norton ghost even be on this? because ive never seen anything like this before.

help if ya can im tired of this damn thing being here.

Only thing i can think of is the hd may be shot, but i put the HD in my comp and was able to use it as a secndary and save the info they wanted.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2325
When you had it in your computer did you try uninstalling all Symantec(Norton) software?

Columbus, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 9
i am doing a reformat because windos crashed couldnt get into windows in normal mode or safe mode, because the error poped up saying to reinstall windows.

only thing is norton wasnt installed on the comp, so it has to be something on the disc. it acts if im trying to put something on the recovery disc.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon This one

Post Number: 15
stick it in your comp and format it. try long formatting if you cant figure anything else out.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 369
oK, first off, thats not that hard. you want to format, get the windows install disc (if its xp) and delete the partition. once thats done make new partition and format to ntfs using the NON quick method. Now if you are on windows 98-2000 use the boot disc floppy. If you dont know what commands to use I suggest u find em. That should work. hahaha nice jexx. True dat on norton. I reccommend Trend Micro. :-) if ne one gonna use an anti virus.

Columbus, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 10
actaully nothing worked it ended up i had to have both recovery discs in the computer at the same time.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 370
Ummmm alright. That makes no sence tho. Hey if it fixed it more power to you, I still say that makes no sence. What OS are you runnin. lol. Since Ive done more installs than I cound count , on Linux,Unix,Windows,DOS, and never once had to run 2 discs at once. It just wont happen. No company would make anything like that. the more i think about it the more it sounds a lil sketch. Kinda odd. I think I just need some sleep. Cheers all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us