Help Please computer problems

Anonymous

I need some help. I have an e-machine w2260, when I try to restore my computer with the restore discs I get the following error messages. Cannot open R:/w2260.GHo adn Cannot open Ghosterr.txt and invalid dump file. Can anyone please tell me what to do. I am having no luck with E-machines tech support. They have sent me 3 disc sets now and they think it is the discs but I do not think that is the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also one last note..When I put in the cd it say's it is restoring but after I take the disc out it goes right back to windows xp and everything is still there that was there before. Itis supposed to wipe everything off my computer and it isn't.
Thanks for any help that you can offer!

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 80
Hi All, Please don`t groan too loud, but you got another noob here. I have a few trojans(imbedded) on my fairly new comp. winxp os, is there a way to get rid of them other than system restore? Right now I`m running micro spy and avg free. If I purchase xoft or something like that will it remove viruses? Thank you, Steve.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2192
That stuff isn't that great.

I highly recommend http://housecall.trendmicro.com (free online virus scan-my favorite).

Then run Ad-Aware (which can be downloaded for free-just Google it).

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 83
Jexx, thank you very much, not only for the info, but also the quick reply and I`ll sure give it a try, cya, Steve.

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 85
Good morning Jexx, I tried housecall last nite couldn`t get it to even start dwld, and this morn again and only got to 14% and froze there for 15 mins, until I cancelled it. I have ad-ware already, but it won`t remove threats, says "imbedded can`t be removed". PC Doctor says buy it and they`ll remove it. I am disabled and on a very limited income and spent available money on new hobby FTA Testing, hence number of posts for newbee. Thanks for the help and if you think of another alternative please post.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2204
Have you tried running either of the programs in safe mode with networking?

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 91
Hi Jexx, just got home and yes I did get the program to run and tried to remove the Trojans, it said items removed, thought all was good til I double chkd with avg, and the viruses were still there, this is after rebooting. As of right now the only ill effect from the viruses is my comp. won`t shut down normally, I have to hold the on switch till it shuts off. I guess my only recourse is as suspected, system restore or have someone wipe my hard drive and reload my stuff, after transferring it to their comp., and back to mine. I am open to any suggestions, you or any other comp. literate persons may have. Thank you for all your help. Steve.

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 118
Does n e 1 have any ideas for me ? Thanks.

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 166
I surmise from the lack of responses I`m stuck with the trojans and java/byte class viruses in my comp. Anyone have some feedback for me ? I would greatly appreciate suggestions that can save me money as I`m disabled and on a very limited income. Thanks again and please help if you can.

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 57
Make friends with the trojans. Call them on a first name basis.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us