I want to transfer my tapes to my hard drive....

Username: Bobross139

Post Number: 1
Let me preface this by saying I am not very technically literate. I've browsed the forums and have seen many topics of people connecting their Stereo line-in to their sound card line-out, but I want to do it the other way around.
I want to connect my stereo up to my sound card so I can transfer some audio cassette tapes to mp3 files. However, my stereo system only has a line-in auxillary jack, there are no line-outs. Is there any other way of doing this or do I just need a new stereo that has line out jacks?
If this has been covered before and I missed it, I apologize.
Thanks in advance.

Username: Danielry

Post Number: 2
Cant you just ut a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack from the headphone out jack on the tape player to the line in port on your pc

Username: Gluib

Post Number: 1
I also want to do this. I thought of using my old Audigy for this, but I notice some noise.

Are the Audigy's A/D converters high enough quality for digitising cassettes or should I consider something better?
What brands/ types would that be?

Username: Touchngo

Post Number: 5
I too, wish to convert audio cassettes to mp3,or wav file. I have purchased a product that connects directly to the line out or audio out via a pair of phono jacks. The other end plugs into a USB port on your computer. The problem is that any recording has a low hum to it. The device can also be hooked directly into the receiver's head phone jack with the appropriate adapter. I've done so and still get a hum when I record. I've adjusted the computer's mixer properly -- Windoxs XP -- to no avail. The hum is similar to that of an ungrounded turntable. The humming begins as soon as I make connection. Any suggestions?

Username: Gluib

Post Number: 2
You may need to ground all devices to the same level. Try using earth power wires and connect them all to the same socket.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us