DVDs wont read in laptop drive

Username: Jonny_fun

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony VAIO PCG-GRT716S and have been using it happily for the last 2 years. The last couple days I have not been able to get some (store brought) DVDs to run in the drive. It is reading CD's fine and a couple DVDs, but wont play SIN CITY. One time I finally got the DVD reading, but as soon as I tried to open up a program to play it in, it just crashed. I got the following error message from Windows Media Player:
"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred while configuring copyright protection"
I also got another error message saying it was due to a CSS encryption problem. I am pretty sure I have played CSS encrypted DVDs before.
I don't know what to do since the DVDs I am running are not fake and others play. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I would think it was the drive but it since it still reads cds and other dvds then I have no idea.
Any ideas on how to fix this or what the problem could be?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1769
Is that the only disc that won't play? It may use the fairly new arcos protection, and your software may not be compatible with it. Have you tried updating the software?

Bronze Member
Username: Lacman

India

Post Number: 15
If you do not have a compatible DVD decoder installed, DVD-related commands, options, and controls do not appear in the Player and you cannot play DVDs. By default, Windows does not include a DVD decoder. For more information about DVD decoders

The error message for one of the following reasons:

*Your DVD decoder software needs to be configured. If you have another DVD player program installed on your computer, play the DVD by using that program, and then try playing the DVD in Windows Media Player again.

*There was a problem configuring your video card. Restart your computer, and then try again.

Anonymous

My laptop will not read any DVD or CD's anymore. When i run a program such as PowerDVD, i get a message saying there is no disc inside. Can this be fixed? can anyone help? thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us