Worked..now it doesn't!

Bronze Member
Username: Arhsaab

Vermont USA

Post Number: 24
Hey I've got an Abit IS-7 M motherboard, and I had to send it in for RMA because the ram slots fried themselves. So i got it back this week and installed it, computer started right up good as can be. I was on AIM and the whole thing froze & now it doesnt start. The harddrive spins/lights turn on but it doesnt give that single 'beep' like normal. No beeps at all..whats wrong!? HELP!

Username: Zulkir

U.S.A.

Post Number: 8
try reseting bios.

Bronze Member
Username: Ajr

West Mids!!.., Dudly United kingdom

Post Number: 41
alec reset your cmos it sound like your not Grounding it right that maybe y the slots burned out and you lights on see if u dont ground a pc u know them fans with lights on the lights stay on for like 30 mins after turning pc off if this is what u are gettin take it out asap

Silver Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 125
Alot of times this can happen (ground fault short) if one of the case standoffs (where the motherboard screws to the case) is either in a place it should not be, or it seems like it should be there but (even if there is a screw hole there) it should not. Abit is notorious for putting holes in the board even though your not supposed to put a standoff or screw there. For mine it was the bottom right corner. Once I removed the standoff, the board worked fine. One way to tell, is when a hole in the board is supposed to act as a screw to case ground, the hole will have solder around it, and if there is none then perhaps you shouldn't have a screw and stand off there in the first place. I learned about mine on the Abit Support Forum. Thats a good place to start to find out if this is a common problem for your board as I am sure your not the only one if this is the case.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 273
Hey Kent Brokman's right. I think he might be right...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us