TV Sound to Computer Speakers? Please Help

Username: Menelaus7

Post Number: 1
Hello - i am new to this site and was wondering whether anyone might be able to help me.

I recently bought a brand new computer with most of the bells and whistles including a nice sound card with 5.1 surround sound capabilities. I also have the speakers and sub. Currently I use a 30" LCD TV as my monitor and TV. The cable hooks up to the TV and the computer hooks up to the monitor through a DVI cable. Right now, I have one wire that connects from the TV (PC out?) to the subwoofer (for sound) and the subwoofer connects to the sound card.

I use the PC to watch DVDs and when I use the computer or watch DVDs, the sound is great. However, I get no sound at all when I put the TV on. I had to hook up the original speakers on the TV to get the sound to work. Does anyone know how to get TV sound to come from the 5.1 surround sound speakers?

Sorry for the long message, but I was trying to provide most of the facts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3541
"Does anyone know how to get TV sound to come from the 5.1 surround sound speakers?"

You would need to connect to your tvs audio output to an audio input (your 5.1 speakers being input from factory) but you would need something to carry the audio signal to that line meaning you would have to create a wired connection or a split adapted cabled connection but even then you would only have a stereo connection because you dont have a 5.1 decoding piece in your tv

Bronze Member
Username: Smokey847

Post Number: 22
I don't have 5.1 on my computer. I have a pair of very nice Logitech speakers with a sub. Very nice. My son has a gamecube and one of his games has a song that he really likes on it. One day he asked me to put it on a CD for him. This is the first time I had ever tried to record something from an external device to my computer. So, what I did, I took the audio out on the game, transferred it over to the right end, and plugged it into the microphone jack. I know it's not digitally decoded that way, but it worked fine. So, if you're not all big on getting it to 5.1, may I suggest doing it that way? It worked perfectly for me after a few calibrations.

Anonymous

hey
my comp caught a virus and i had to delete all my files and the man how we bought it from came and gave us a new comp now my speakers dont work. If anyone knows how to fix it can the tell me step by step
oh i have windows xp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us