Using tv as a monitor for hdtv programs

Username: Chomps

Post Number: 3
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I have a 55" sony hdtv set with a HDMI input. I also have several TV programs recorded in hdtv format from my hdtv video card onto my PC. Is it possible to connect my PC to my TV and watch the hdtv shows from my computer on my TV set without losing the hdtv resolution? I have it connected via an S-video cable right now but it doesn't show up in HDTV quality on the TV set. Will it show up in HDTV quality on my TV if I use a DVI to HDMI connection? I currently don't have a video card with a DVI output but I'm thinking of getting one if it'll work. Thanks!

Username: 1time

Post Number: 6
BUMP. I am wondering the same thing. From everything I've read, damage could result from hooking an HDTV up to a DVI out from a PC. I too would like to use a DVI to HDMI cable to get high resolution output from my computer to my HDTV, but definately don't want to damage the TV. From what I have read, the damage can be caused by wrong refresh rates going to the TV. But if I was to use the DVI to HDMI cable hooked to the tv and make sure the PC's output was the right resolution and refresh rate, it should work then right? There are posts about this everywhere but I can't find a definitive answer with the proper resolutions and refresh rates to use if its possible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us