Repeating with Wireless

thrice_451
Unregistered guest
Is it difficult to set up two wireless access points to "repeat".

Main building with 1*** ----> youth building with 2***
(I had a neat diagram but the spaces wouldn't work like I'd like them to) =)

1*** Wireless Access Point one, With network hardwired input.
2*** Wireless Access Point two, With network output.

I basically want to take the connection in 'main building' and send it to 1***, which will send the information wireless across the parking lot, to 2***. Viola, network access in 'youth building'.

'Main Building' is the main church with internet access. 'Youth Building' is.. the youth building, which needs internet access, not to mention networking capabilities so we can stop burning cd's. I'm very computer literate, just lacking in some areas that I havn't read about yet(like wireless). Thanks very much for your time everyone.

Bronze Member
Username: Tasattack

Post Number: 17
and thats the big flaw of wireless, unfortunately. i dont see why you cant have 2 waps, just regin your signal extend it to reach the next wap to extend and give you your wireless networking. basically if the 2 waps cant see each other, sorta like infra red if theyre being somehwat blocked that could be your problem.

where is your actual dsl/cable or data cable located, you should get a wireless router is what it sounds like.

if you do go with wireless you should check and make sure your wep (wired equivalent privacy) is enabeled so people cant access your netwrk.

Bronze Member
Username: Tasattack

Post Number: 18
you would also need wireless nics for each pc to access the wireless network, really regardless if your waps are using active scanning or passive scanning if they cant recognize each other if they are picking up on different channels or frequencies that would cause errors and problems.

does it work in the same room, if you were to set up your wirelss in a room you should have interconnectivity to another pc on the wireless net.

802.11g antenna generally has a geographic range of 100meters or 330feet. that would be the 2.4ghz wireless with a theoretical max throughput of 54mbps.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3638
heres two ideas you could use with a primestar dish (or a direct tv dish id think as I was going to do) and set one up on each building and have clear line of site using wifi

http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html

http://www.trevormarshall.com/biquad.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us