1 GHz Processer replaced Old 450 Mhz = 751 Mhz?

Username: Dullfun

Morden, MB Canada

Post Number: 1
I have a Packard Bell X86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 Genuine Intel 1 GHz Processer In a AMI 6WMM7 v2.0 Intel Whitney 82810 rev 3. Anyways why does my processor only read 751 MHz?
Is there a way to make it 1 GHz without frying my comp? My BIOS does not have a place to change speed. Is there another place or way around this? Or do I have to replace the motherboard?

Username: Athar_khan

Sargodha, Punjab Pakistan

Post Number: 1
hey,i have intel whitney 82810 rev 2 chipset and processor of 633mhz and want to make or upgrade bios free of charges pls guide me.

Username: Jad

Post Number: 9
hi all you lot the bios is saying the lower speed becuase it is what the motherboard safely suports but on the other hand you can overclock the motherboard and then the processor will go at its fast speed but it may fry the motherboard if you are not carefull you will need enough cooling. you need to download overclocking software off of the internet i will not say any beucause it is a bit dangerous to do.

Unregistered guest
I think you must replaced your motherboard that can support your new processor (1 Ghz), sorry no other way.....

how about this name
Unregistered guest
om if your going to overclock it up to 1ghz make shure your bios lockes the agp/pci slots when i started overclocking i was not told this and ended up frying my wireless card
its not that far of an overclock but make shure the prosseser dosent hit 50C

use mbm5 to moniter temps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us