DVD-Burning Help! Please

Unregistered guest
I am trying to burn my home videos on to a dvd. I have the Nero DVD burning program on my pc, but it only takes .bup, .vob, and .ifo extentions. All my files are automatically .avi. Is there anything that I can do about this? I have a lot of home videos that I just want to edit and then transfer onto DVD so I can play them in my dvd player on my tv. Any suggestions?

Username: Kabasa

Post Number: 8
try changing the extensions i use nero for my home vids there should be a video captureit will auto change format

Username: Tap_mt

Great falls, Mt Usa

Post Number: 3
I want to make copies of home movies that I recorded to DVD from VHS. I have a Dell dimension DIM4500, Intel ® Pentium ®, 4 CPU, 1.0 GHz, 1.79GHz, 640 MB of RAM computer with Microsoft window XP, home edition, version 2002, service pack 2. Ihave PC Friendly DVD player, 1998. Have a CD/DVD drive, 3 1/2 drive and a empty slot. Anyone recommend a good DVD burning program to buy. Thanks

José Oliveira
Unregistered guest
hi
when i try to burn some dvds i see this message:Error at burn process
what should i do?
i use the nero ultra edition...
please help me!
thanks for all!
send email to bboy_ac@hotmail.com or just post a thread here...

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1682
Are they good quality DVDs? A lot of burn problems are media related.

joshisawesome
Unregistered guest
i'm trying to burn a movie that is saved on my computer, it is an AVI file and it is about 718 MB large, but it says that it is too big for my dvd to hold, which can hold up to 4.7 GB. is there something i have to convert? i'm using a program called Sonic: MyDVD.
please help!

annonymous
Unregistered guest
i'm trying to burn off .avi files to DVD with the subtitle files aswell as a data disc. the burn process is successfull but when i re-insert the DVD there is no data on the disc and it reads it as there being no disc inserted.
help, please. :`(

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 334
Dont use nero. Its noob. It dosent have many of the features better programs like SONY DVD ARCHEICT has. mind me if i mispelled that. I do have the nero pro suite, and it still does not even come close to the ADOBE and SONY dvd suites.

o and to the annonymous post, you need to convert the avi to vob. Since AVI is normally uncompressed and vob it it wont read right. Most cheaper programs wont convert. I kno nero does. (thats about the only thing it does that free programs wont). Make sure your output file is VOB. if it isnt and its still avi, its not dvd. Just cuz the files on a dvd dosent make it a dvd. It has to be vob encoded.

Unregistered guest
I need some help with burning dvds.
I have been told to do many different things but still I am having no luck. When i try and play the DVD on my DVD player it comes up with a Disc Error and when i try to play them in my PC if i open it on My Computer it reads it as a DVDROM and if i open that it just shows me the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. ANy suggestions people. Here are the steps that I am taking:

1. Open WINavi Video Converter and click movie to dvd.

2. Find the clip that I wish to convert to DVD format and open it.

3. Wait for converting to finnish.

4. Close WINavi and open Nero6 express.

5. Create MiniDVD or DVD video and select the DVD files needed to burn.

6. Burn the DVD

I have also tried changing the UDF seettings reccomeded on this site. Any Help people would be greatly apriceated since this thing is driving me up the wall!

Username: Gunesli

Near birmingham, West midkands United kingdom

Post Number: 1
i have made my film using windows movie media,copied it to my computer then tried to burn it to dvd using nero start smart,it appears to work but the dvd reads invalid disc in all machines,i have also tried this with roxio easy media creator 7.5 which i downloaded as a free trial but the sam ething happens except that this time the dvd will play back on my computer.Any suggestions?

Username: Satty_p

BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS ENGLAND

GET A WINFAST tv 2000 EXPERT EDITION

u can input ur vcr and burn it direclty to dvd as u watch it!!!

same with a tv show, just insert ur blank dvd, u see something u like, hit record and u can copy to dvd direct :D

Username: Moody1989

i have downloaded film from the internet and i have put them onto a dvd disk but they do not seem to play on my home dvd player please hlep
thanks andrew

Unregistered guest
i have burend a dvd to a dvd disk ok and i have tryed burnin on a fast and low speed and wen i place it into my dvdv play the sound is unsynced they speak be 4 there mouths move but on the pc wen i play back the avi they speak perfect :/ this is buggin me now iv wasted 5 dvds trying this please help

Username: Rpinzon310

I would like to know if i use sony dvd architec 2 to make a dvd can i use subs????

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2090
That...made no sense.

toronto26
Unregistered guest
Hello all:

I need help with a problem I'm experiencing. Whenever I try to burn a DVD, my computer shuts itself down (it doesn't restart, it just shuts off the computer). Also, whenever I put a blank DVDR+ or - into my drive (Sony DVD RW DRU 800-A), it changes the DVD drive into a 'CD drive'. I'm using Nero 6.6. I can burn CDs fine, just not DVDs. Any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1884
Have you tried anything other than Nero? That's not a very good program. I Use DVD Decrypter, ISO read, ISO write.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2239
Go David! I also highly dislike Nero!

alanks2000
Unregistered guest
hi guys im trying to burn southpark the movie to a dvd but the problem is that i got the movie off the internet and im trying to burn the memory for the computer to my disc so i can play it on my dvd player can u do that?

AlexJC1
Unregistered guest
Hello,

I've been trying to use Sonic MyDVD to burn vacation video's onto DVDs. I'm able to burn the DVD just fine.

My question is:
Is the DVD suposed to look grainy and almost pixelated? It looks fine on my computer(avi format) almost dvd quality, but as soon as it goes onto DVD, the edges(ie. outlines of people and objects) look jagged and pixelated. Even when I break up the file and set it high quality it still has this appearence. The quality is severly depretiated :-(

I've even formated it to .VOB and then put it on disc, instead of letting the automated program run. I've spent the last 8 hours trying over and over again, with very little progress. This is frustrating me lol, so i'll apprectiate any comments or help.

Is this related to my software? Is it my computer? (tried it on my Inspiron9300 1.8ghz, 1gb ram, Geforce 6800 go, and I've also tried on my desktop 3.3ghz, 1gb ram, good vid card)

Thanks in advance,
alex

Gold Member

Post Number: 2110
Try a different program. I don't think I've ever seen anyone that was happy with Sonic.

CheatedByLove
Unregistered guest
im new to burning as well, i have been downloading full length movies lately, not from dvd but from file sharing programs, i have been downloading the AVI file formatted copies cause they are what seem to be the most high quality formats.

i also am using nero but am currenty downloading Adobe Encore 1.5

will this be able to change the format of the AVI to DVD form so i can burn them because nero is saying no way.

any help what so ever would help me, thank you in advance

dezza
Unregistered guest
Hey all,

I want to to create a dvd that i can watch on most dvd players.

The movies that i want to copy are on my computer. The files that the movies are as follows:-

.avi
.mpg

Can anyone recommend a FREE program that will let me do this.( WITHOUT having an internet address on the actual movie.)

dezza
Unregistered guest
Hey all,

I want to to create a dvd that i can watch on most dvd players.

The movies that i want to copy are on my computer. The files that the movies are as follows:-

.avi
.mpg

Can anyone recommend a FREE program that will let me do this.( WITHOUT having an internet address on the actual movie.)

Username: Big_pimpin

Somerset, Kentucky Usa

everytime I try to burn a movie using nero 7 my dvdrw drive keeps swithing to read as a cd rom drive? this is no matter what movie format I use!what is going on with this?

Unregistered guest
I am having a problem playing a DVD on my home machine(s) I use DVD Decypter to get a movie on my hard drive. I use Nero 6 to burn the files to a DVD (I was told to use data dvd). Nero burns the DVD fine (takes awhile) it plays fine on my computer BUT no matter what DVD stand alone player I use (I have tried 3 different ones) it will give me an error message.

I am using dual layer dvd's and my burner supports this. How can I make these discs play on a home machine?

jenniferW
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Ok,I have been successfully burning dvds onto dvd-r 8x dvds, but I recently bought dvd-r 16x and the writer doesnt recognize the the dvd. Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2177
Do a firmware update. Look on the manufacterer's websight, or go to CD Freaks.

Kimberlee
Unregistered guest
I am trying to burn DVD's but i have tryed twice and it just isnt working. I am using Maxwell DVD-R ... I am using the different Nero programs to burn my DVDs but when i burn it says on all three of my DVD players that the disc may not have a play back feature.I am wondering if i am doing something wrong in the buring process or maybe i just am using the wrong DVDs to burn with.... Any advice would me much greatfull. Thanks a Ton! -Kim

Gold Member

Post Number: 2194
It's impossible to answer a question like that. You don't say what you are trying to burn and what format it's in.

Kimberlee
Unregistered guest
Well i just thought maybe the problem was not the movie i am trying to burn but DVDs i am using. I thought maybe there was an answer that could be for all the DVDs i want to burn not just this one... Any ways i am trying to burn at this current momment "napoleon dynamite" and i have no idea how to figure out the format of it.(If i did maybe i would know alittle more about what i am talking about!) Thanks again..-Kim

Gold Member

Post Number: 2219
Where did the movie come from? DVD? download? You can't do copy protected material with Nero.

Username: Kimmie76

Hi all. im hoping some1 canhelp me, i have burnt alot of downloaded films to dvd but when i put them into my dvd player i have to open a file first. the film doesnt start straight away. when i down load them ithey are in avi so i convert them to movie clip and then put them on dvd via power2go. can any1 help me as i would like the film to start up striaght away when i put it in my dvd player. someone please please help me. xx

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2620
David, can you believe all of these people asking impossible questions? Some are possible, but would require a hardcore programmer!

Some are just strange!

quote:

can any1 help me as i would like the film to start up striaght away when i put it in my dvd player. someone please please help me. xx

Turn on autorun!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2236
The best ones are people asking why something doesn't work, or how to do something, without giving any info on the equipment or how everything is connected, good luck.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2622
It's a mess.

Username: Kimmie76

Post Number: 2
Jexx, i cant believe how rude u r. I asked a simple question, i didnt take the miccy out ov any1. All i wanted was a simple answer, not 4 u 2 b dam right rude 2 me. it doesnt cost anything 2 have manners so y dont u try using them once in a while. thank-you!!!!!

virri
Unregistered guest
Maybe its because your burner is DVD-RW, but your DVD is DVD-R.

Unregistered guest
Im trying to burn files from my PC onto dvds as to clear up some space on the computer. Im using NERO and it says that its burning and everything is fine, but when the process is complete the dvd is still blank. Where am I going wrong??

Unregistered guest
Hi, i am using nero 6 to burn .avi files and wmv files to dvd. The clips are all the conspiracy programs about 911. My dvd writer is recognised by the computer. I burned the video to my hard drive so it was encoded in .VOB but when i tried to burn it to dvd nero says please insert a disc into writer but there is one in already. I do a disc info check and it says no disc inserted. One thing I noticed when i click get system info it shows read and write speed at 48x which is impossible. Any ideas what is causing my problem please?

Unregistered guest
Hai,

I can able to burn the dvd with back up dat ain it. And iot sows me this message.
Burn process completed successfully. Click OK.

but when i put it again in the dvd it says the format error and refuse to show ma any data.

i even can not able to write it agian( it is DVDR) incase if it is not written propely

Please help

Unregistered guest
Hai,

I can able to burn the dvd with back up data in it. And it shows me this message.
Burn process completed successfully. Click OK.

but when I put it again in the dvd writter for reading it says the format error and refuse to show me any data.

i even can not able to write it agian( it is DVDR) incase if it is not written propely.

Please help

Username: Sbs

Jose I was getting that error and it was my dvd-r/rw drive. I had it replaced and can burn to dvds fine.

The problem I'm having now is to get the dvds to playback on my dvd player that's hooked to my tv. I'm using Windows Movie Maker and it looks like it only does Hight MAT format for CDs. I also tried burning in Windows Media Player and it just does CDs too. I'm using a Gateway 507GR DVD+/- R/RW drive (double layering, 8.5 gb cap.) Using hp dvd-r 16x, 4.7gb dvds. The files are .wmv. Any suggestions on software? Or do I just need to make sure the file is VOB?

Username: Quickdodge

Hello. I am new to burning DVDs. I have a question regarding Nero 6 with the DVD encoder plug-in. My problem is that I open up NeroVision Express and set up the files I want to make a DVD of and when I get to the burn process, it finishes "analyzing the files" and starts to actually write and then a dialogue box pops up saying there is some sort of BURN PROCESS FAILED. DVD STRUCTURE" message. What does this mean, please.

I am using Memorex DVD+R 8x 4.7GB 120 min blank DVD
NEC DVD RW burner
Nero 6 with NeroVision Express SE

Thanks in advance.

Never mind on my question I just installed Roxio Easy CD&DVD Creator 6 platium and everything works great. :D

Username: Stumblin

Help anyone
I am new to burning DVD's, I have a new Dell 9150d with a Phillips DVD-R burner. i have downloaded movies from the "net" which play fine on the computer. I used MYDVD to burn a movie but it won't play on my Samsung DVD C601 player.
Can anyone recommend easy to use software so that my downloaded movies will play on a home DVD player.
Any help I get would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

Are you burning them in dvd format so that your dvd player will recognize the files?

Username: Nmowad

Hi, I'm having trouble burning dvds with Nero. I've been told to rewrite and back-up the dvd first with dvd shrink, which I did (I had to disable Nero to do this). I saved the movie to my hard drive as an ISO file. Then I tried to "burn image to disk" with Nero selecting that ISO file, and everytime I try it my computer freezes for about 10 seconds then the Nero window closes. Can someone help me with this please?

Username: Prodeep99

Guys,

I have the same problems as many others on this forum. I have a number of avi's that I have converted to dvd using Avi2DVD with HCEncoder and 2 passes. I have used ImgBurn to burn the DVD on a Dell D610 with a HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4244 drive. The DVD burns alright, but refuses to play on my Sony DVD player. It shows NO DISC after I insert the CD, although it plays on the laptop. Is there something I should be doing that I haven't?

Thanks.

Username: Ffdff

too many Questions but too little Answers =.="

could any1 of the experts or who had tried burning and worked to make a simple tutorial on how to burn .AVI movies to a DVD+R or DVD+RW or whatever works .. so we could just watch it on the DVD player..and continue with our lives ?

Thanks ! WE'D ALL appriciate it.

Username: Cidneysue

I have an HP DVD 640i burner (Lightscribe) that I added to my system. It used to work but I took it to the "Geek Squad" and the installed a new power unit into the computer. Now when I put a blank DVD+-r or RW into the drive DVD-RW changes to CD drive. This happens when I'm looking directly at the "My Computer" window...the changes happens as soon as the drive recognizes the DVD media. I have an HP a600n. Any help would be so very much appreciated!

Username: Tiger0claw1

i have downloaded this game file off the net when i go and put it on disc it wont fit the game file is 5.4GB my DVD is only 4.7GB do i need to slice the program i i do what program do i use plz help m8s

Username: Tiger0claw1

have any of u guys tryed torrentspy.com u can download any game off there or DVD

Username: Samcp4

UK

My dvd-r used to burn avi files as data but now I am getting various errors, sometimes it says "burn process failed at 4x(5,520KB/s)", sometimes "burn phase unknown". I am using Nero OEM. I have tried downloading updates but that seems to stop it burning anything. I hate Nero and it has always been a struggle to get it to do what I want, but that is what I am stuck with at the moment.

Username: Josh4760

nice chris...torrents are great.

im using alcahol 120% to try and burn the oblivon high definition DVD, right now its an iso on the hard drive. ok its weird tho the buffer will let it write to 9% then it stops, gets slow, and writes like 1% every 5 minutes until it restarts, lol and yea im clueless on dvd burning, im good at getting it all to work otherwise. but i dont understand why it crashes the computer.

Username: Babycharm

hi i would really like someone to help....i have downloaded a few movies using limewire onto my computer in mpg,mpeg formats....i have neroexpress 6 but i cant burn the movies onto dvd disk because the format is not being recognised...can anyone recomend a FREE program or software that would allow me to burn these movies. thanking you for your quick response.

Username: Sunshine111

you guys are funny having net arguments, sometimes i just like to sit, read and laugh,people do ask rather strange questions, and some may not be able to spell very well, maybe they should look into a hobby thats not so challenging

Username: Chatqueen

Canada

well nikki if you think your so smart in that last remark and snikker at the newbies or so people with glitchy programs, why dont you put your logical brain to work, people will feel like not asking questions with a remark like that. I would of loved to have been here to hear your first strange question ever posted here. Im sure your not the sharpest id in this forum.

Username: Saloia

Hello, I've been burning dvd's for months now with dvd cloner III and haven't really had a problem except for the occasional failed read/burn, but recently I have been running into problems with playback on my home dvd player. I get to about half way through the movie and it all of a sudden just starts getting pixelated and playing very delayed. I'm using Memorex DVD+R Media and I have a two year old Sony DVD player. I just recently switched to Dual Layer Media and I've also noticed that it take awhile for the player to read the burned disk to the point where it doesn't even start up since it can't read it. Please help. Thank you

Username: Bustinloose

I have been downloading from lime wire and burning dvd's ,,video cd's no problem... now I'm using Use Next to download getting suppurb quality stuff that plays on my computer but when I try to burn the files they wont open or there not listed ,same when I try to convert them I cant get my software to bring them up ,I cant select them or find them,,when I do find them they wont open

Username: Bustinloose

I have been buying my software from ebay.. really cheap many kinds,, I havent had any trouble burning files from lime wire, dvd's cd's..now I use usenext now to download, I get all new movies with rental quality ,it only takes an hour to download a whole movie. its great, but I cant burn them cant find them in my lists to chose from to convert or to burn and when I do they wont select why is this

Username: Sunshine111

hey margo, iam a newbie and i never said i was so smart i just read the things other people get upset about and thought it was funny to get into arguments on the net-like this one, one i am not about 2 get into with u, u know i found this site when i google searched a question and people who think thier so smart dont have questions-right

Canada

Hi i have nero start smart and updated plug ins been burning movies to my dvd burner with it no problem but today i was trying to burn a movie format dvdrip which is what i have been getting lately and got this error. DVDEngine ERROR
[00:46:11] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
[00:46:11] DVDEngine source: DEGuardNMCConversion
[00:46:11] DVDEngine description: SEH EXCEPTION caught during INeroMediaConverter::DoConversion().
Can someone help me figure out why i got this.

Im not very good in forum especially this one i find it hard to see who replied or where to find my post, so if you can email me at my email i would really appreaciate this very much
femelle_chat_queen@yahoo.com
thank you

Canada

Another question i have is that sometimes when i use nero start smart with my dvd burner in the folder where i see the files when i try to add them to the program they wont show up. There dvix files and in one folder i see all the rar i believe there avi files but somehow i cant see them. Why is this happening. Or i see the file size as 700 mg but when i get it on my computer its a sample one.
Can someone please help me with this.
Since i suck at this forum i cant seem to find my way back here unless someone post a new msg.
I would appreaciate and email instead to see the replies.
femelle_chat_queen@yahoo.com
thank you for your time

Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

sal, try slowing down your burn speeds, a good rule of thumb is half the disks rated speed, so for a dvd+r rated at 16x use an 8x burn, if its rated at 8x use 4x burn. Sure it takes longer but I would rather have less coasters than fast burn speeds. If your burning a vcd to cd for the settop player never use over 8x speed even if the disks are 48x rated.

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

margo, Instead of opening nero and then looking for the files, try right clicking the file you want to burn and select "open with" nero. Nero will then select the appropriate program for that file. Downloaded files can be a real pain depending on who made them and whether or not the file actually completed fully or not. For you I would suggest the freeware program GSpot (google it). If you open your videos with this app first you may find things out like the file is not complete or you don't have the proper codecs on your PC for the video in question. It has alot of stuff you probably will not understand but things like frames per second (PAL 25 NTSC 23 or 29) will tell you before you burn if it will play on your TV or PC only. You can even open Vob files and see if there pal or ntsc. Finally, I personally dislike Nero for video burning and prefer Dvdshrink for Vob files and DvdDecrypter for disks. For avi's I use Avi2Dvd and for fixing bad avi's I use Virtual Dub, and the good part is they are all opensource freeware. I only use Nero when I'm right clicking an Iso or a Bin/Cue set.

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 4
Oh, I don't give my e-mail address to strangers, and thats just what I would be doing if I e-mailed my answer to you. Maybe after I know you better. For all I know your a 50 year old dude. I know I am.

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 5
john smith, theres alot of wierd stuff out there. Again, GSpot will tell you alot about what you have and if the correct codecs are there. I specifically like to use Virtual Dub and Virtual Dub Mod (a little different, will open OGM and MKV files) to redo my videos before I go to the trouble of burning. This in effect catches any problems the file may have and allows me to reencode if necessary to get it to read correctly in other apps. Remember, not everyone out there is your friend or knows what there doing when they encode a video and post it for unsuspecting downloaders to frustrate over. I just started video encoding about a year ago and already I can take a french widescreen video and an english audio from another full screen file and make a widescreen version with english audio and all with freeware from places like VideoHelp.com. Be persistant and read alot of tutorials on sites like the one above.

Canada

Hi this is to thank Ken for his email concerning my burning. I wanted to say im a 50year old female not to fear i can back that info on cam :-) but i wanted to know if you would be kind enough to walk me into this process of the shrink program i tried it and im not friendly with those programs till i get comfy with them,im pretty good at figuring them out but when there a bit complex i have no clue how to start a process. The other thing was i wasnt trying to open the file they where not there for nero to pick thats what i meant by not there when you try to find the file to add there simply not there to add. I really appreaciated your reply to my email i will try and get those other freeware when my dsl is up and running again so far these last few days im on dial up im spoiled i cant stand it no more lol thank you femellechatqueen@yahoo.com

Username: Igothigh13

Hi everyone i'm new to this form
I have some avi. file and i wanted to know how to put it on a dvd so it would play on a dvd player. and what would be the best software to use to burn it with.

Username: Hem

I was trying to make dvd with adobe encore 1.5 dvd. the problem that i have is, it burn but it doesnt play on the dvd player and also it doesnt show me any error. If anyone can solve my problem , Ill be very appreacite
thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2634
Use good quality discs and not cheapos. Good quality media can solve a lot of problems.

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

arn gob, first of all get a copy of GSpot codec appliance so you can examine the avi and see all its properties, get in the habit of using it so when things don't go quite right you will start to get an idea of what is working and what is not. A good "one run" avi to dvd tool is Avi2Dvd, its opensource freeware and is not fast but the quality is good. It will not only encode to dvd files for you but will change PAL to NTSC and the other way around so the resulting dvd will play on your TV. PAL is european and NTSC is American, they can be identified by the frame rate shown in GSpot (25frms is PAL and 23 or 29 frms is NTSC). It has four encoders and I suggest you start with the first one QuEnc. Later for better PAL to NTSC conversion you can switch to HCEnc but you will have to learn how to get by its foibles. If you google any of these apps look for links to VideoHelp.com, Doom9.org or Afterdawn forum. These sites not only have a slew of freeware for everything under the sun but tutorials on how to do specific things with them as well. This is where I started and although I'm no expert I can do some awsome things after visiting there for help.

Username: Igothigh13

thanks for the help Ken Bokman

Username: Hem

What kind of dvd should i use
i mean what bran is good

Gold Member

Post Number: 2639
Taiyo Yuden

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 9
Stay away from bargain brands. If your looking thru a store, the brands are not going to tell you who actually made them. Its hard to find Taiyo Yuden except online. If you use Nero or Plextools to examine a blank disk you can find out the manufacturer. In Nero, put a blank disk in your drive and run nero's "Get System Info" then look under the disk tab and make sure the correct drive is in the drop down above. CMC or CMC MAG are low end bargin bin disks, Ritek is middle of the road and will do in a pinch and of course Taiyo Yuden is the best you can find. Unfortunately the resellers do not advertise who makes the disk so until you get them home your in the dark.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2641
If you can find Sony 8x DVD-R made in Japan spindles, they should be TY. Fuji MIJ discs are TY too, I doubt you can find any of them left though. Other than that you probably won't find them in brick & mortar stores, have to get them online as Ken stated.

Username: Snacbar8

Ventrua, Ca United States

I have a Pentium d in new computer after downloading
a video from internet i copy the video on to dvd
and it turns out choppy and pixelated it looks great
showing directly off of computer. I am using nero.
Also I can copy same movie on another computer without pentium d processor and movie when copied
on disk looks fine. Can anyone help?

Username: Jimha

Can anyone comment on the best converter program for AVI (also WMV if possible) to DVD with a subtitles option. I have been looking at cucusoft and boilsoft so far. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 13
Steve Holley, it probably has more to do with your dvd burners than with the processor. For instance, if the PC with problems has a burner capable of 16x speed and the other that works ok has a burner that can only burn at 4x speed this is probably your answer. Try the pentium4 machine but limit your burn speeds and see what happens. A good rule of thumb is to use half the speed rating of the media. If your media is 16x and burner is 16x use 8x speed to burn. If your media is 8x speed and your burner is 4x speed you can go for max speed because the burner is already half the media's speed.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 14
Jim Haskell, There is a freeware program called Avi2Dvd that is not fast but gives good quality. It has its foibles, like giving an error near the end before it finishes the processing but it usually finishes ok after you close the error window (bug). But I have to say the real way to go at this time is to get a dvd player that is dvix capable. I recently purchased an RCA DRC247N for $50 and its amazing. All I have to do is burn avi's to cd or dvd (6 of them) in data mode and so far it has played everything I have thrown at it on every type of media possible. The time and frustration it saves fighting with files I have downloaded with audio that goes out of sync or quality loss fron going from a 700mb avi to a 4.3gig dvd is now eliminated and the avi's converted to dvd that used to look greenish where they should have been black are now actually black. It plays avi's encoded in pal and ntsc format, I don't have to worry about vbr or cbr audio, it plays Xvid, its just the way to go.

Username: Babbug

i have sony dvd rw DRU-700A. Whenever I load a blank DVD, it changes the DVD drive into a 'CD drive' and doesnt show any info, but it detects blank cds, but previously when i burned same brand dvds into dvds, it can read those as well as others, my hard disk is full, and i wanna burn stuff ASAP. please help!!!

Username: Kgb

I use DVD Decypter then DVD Shrink and then i use Nero to burn the dvds onto a dvd disc. In DVD Shrink i have compressed the dvds to burn onto a 4.7 GB dvd disc. And those seem to work on my dvd player which is about 3 - 3.5 years old. When i burn dvds onto my 8.5 GB dvd disc and i do the 'No Compression' in DVD Shrink i have had some that have worked and a lot that have no worked on the dvd player. the dvd player reads 'no disc' on its display when i put in the burnt 8.5 GB dvds. Some i put it in and that 'no disc' displays again and then i eject and then put back the dvd and it will work the second time around but it doenst work for every burnt dvd. What could be causing this problem and inconsistency and what are the best alternatives to fix this problem or what is the best way possible step by step to burn dvds which will work on and dvd player. (i prefer to use up my 8.5 GB dvds)

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 59
parminder, if the blanks are RW than perhaps you need to format them. I had a similar problem when I uninstalled InCd. Until I reinstalled it I had all kinds of problems with my drives recognizing RW disks. You can also try going into Device Manager and uninstalling the drivers for the Sony drive and then select remove this device and restart the machine. This will cause Windows to reinstall the drivers and reinitialise the drive. Also, if you have a lens cleaning disk, it wouldn't hurt to run it and see what happens. As a last resort you can upgrade the firmware of the drive. I had a drive once that had problems reading disks and reinstalling the same firmware version that was already on the drive solved the problem, maybe a loss of power or something similar caused the firmware to get corrupted in my case.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 60
Anatoliy, if you can find a bit setting function in your burner and your drive supports it, select the dvd-rom setting for the best compatibility. You can google "bit setting" for more info and some dicussion of the topic as well as finding out if your drive supports it. The only other thing I could suggest would be to burn at the slowest speed possible. Since dual layer media is so new and its speeds are slow right now there is only so far you can go to slow it down. If you can't get videos to work, don't waste all your disks trying, use the rest for data storage and make some room on your hard drive so you will not have spent your money in vain.

Username: Kgb

What are the chances that the DVD player is a SOny DVP-NS700P and is about 4-5 years old and has trouble reading those type of cd's DVD+R DL. Im going ot try to purchase a NEW DVD player that is compatible to play those type of cd's and see if that works out. i dont own one anyways that sony is my brothers any suggestions on a great dvd player?

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 62
I would avoid anything made by Sony or Toshiba at this time. Sony because there getting stinky about playing burned dvd's, of any type, and Toshiba because the quality of their players has hit rock bottom. Your best bet is to look for something over $100 dollars that is Divx compatible (will play avi's burned in data mode onto a cd or 6 on a 4.7mb dvd).
Most commercial dvd movies you buy are on dual layer dvd. The difference is that they are pressed dvd's made in the factory as opposed to burned like you do on a PC. The fact that your TV's player is a Sony brings me right back to their high and mighty attitude about consumers burning dvd's. Most of their players are very finicky about what they will play so I don't trust the Sony brand any more. They used to be top of the line in my thinking but the rootkit fiasco put me off to no end and made me wonder why it was that any dvd player I tried would play my disks, but not the Sony player.

The trouble reading the disks could also be because the laser lens needs cleaning, pick up a laser lens cleaner before you invest in a new player.

Username: Anaire

Hi,
I've been spending a few moments on this forum, looking for some answers.
What I actually found was :
1. David Massey - Gold Member
is arogant and barely bothers to type a few words. By the way, I live in Dublin, Ireland, and never heard of 'Taiyo Yuden'. Under this name you can't find anything in any good/bad shops in Ireland. So much for the help...
2. Ken Bokman - Bronze Member
He tries to help. He really does.
And yes, sometimes the messages are hard to understand. But not all of them, so do not try to hide behind of that.
Good afternoon

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9304
What answers to which questions are you looking for?

Start a new thread and we'll see what happens.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2934
And what exactly did you contribute to this thread?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9306
Vagueness? :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2935
Looked like insults to me. At least I didn't insult people in here. If you had asked where to get the discs I could have told you.

Username: Wheels041605

i have a dell inspiron 6000 labtop with this cd drive "hl-dt-st cdrw/dvd gcc4244" could any one please tell me if i can burn dvds with this drive or do i need to upgrade?

-chris

Gold Member

Post Number: 2981
It's a CDRW/DVD-ROM. You can't burn DVDs with it.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 74
Chris, what you have is typically called a Combo Drive, It is a CD burner/reader and a DVD player/reader. It will let you play Dvd's but not burn to them. Your best bet here, because its a laptop, is to purchase an external dvd burner. This will enable you to copy disks on the fly from the Combo drive to the External Burner and bypass writing to the hard drive first.

Username: Rx29

Dallas, Texas

Sorry, I posted this question elswhere; I lost this thread.
Does anyone know how to get ulead moviefactory to recognize .mkv files? When I used the sample and loaded a codec from free-codec,(can't find it now), it worked. Now ulead doesn't see them. All my videos are .mkvs! How do I get them on dvds. I hope not dvd decrypter, because it scares me a bit.
Thanks! for you time.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 94
Dvd Decrypter is basically for ripping from a dvd disk to the hard drive and burning to a new disk. What you need is the Mod version of Virtual Dub (Virtual Dub Mod) its free and will allow you to load up an mkv file (which is actually a container like winrar) or an ogm file and then you can disable any audio or subs you don't want in the audio section (demux the audio to listen to see if its english or japanese or what ever first) and finally save the rest as an avi file which is the common video file in mkv's. Many have ogg audio and you will have to demux the ogg, convert to wav or mp3 (dBPowerAmp Music Converter) then add it back into the audio section and disable the ogg before saving the avi. Be aware that Virtual Dubs defaults are to encode everything to uncompressed files (40gig sound big) so for Video select Direct Stream (just copies the video no encoding) or reencode to divx or xvid in Full Processing mode. When both audio and video are in Direct Stream the processing is very fast. Right clicking the audio in the Streams section brings up the menu for changing the audio, interleaving allows you to move out of sync audio around (1000 = 1sec one way -1000 = 1sec the other and 250 would be 1/4 sec) in the delay audio by window.

MKVtoolnix is freeware that will extract the contents of an mkv file into separate parts (audio file and video file) then you have to put them together with something anyway thats why I use V Dub Mod instead.

Username: Lotsofburning

hey im buring backup dvds for my movie collection and i use dvd shrink and dvd decyrptor and it burns fine with no errors and it reads and plays as a dvd on my laptop but when i put it in my dvd player it wont work??
and i have dvds that someone had burnt for me and they work fine in my dvd player??

Gold Member

Post Number: 3147
What brand of discs are you using? What burner?

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 206
i have had them play fine in one dvd and not the other, not sure if it's themedia or the player.

Username: Wezzbob

hey im having problems burning dvds, like when i try to burn them from disc to disc its fine, but if i download a movie then convert it to dvd and burn it, i use nero to burn it onto disc, it plays back i little bit bitty, if you understand? im getting sick of wasting my discs so i un installed everything except nero.
can anyone give me some help into what i should use to convert them etc..step by step please cos im slow :-) :S

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 207
clone dvd is the best burner.

Username: Wezzbob

not very useful that.

Username: Dafodil

Hello All,
Will someone please tell me if a Dell Dimension 9100 is capable of burning dvd's? I can burn cd's w/out a problem but not dvd's . Also, if it is not capable...is there sometype of free software I can download that can help me burn these clips onto a dvd using the cd burner?

I appreciate all help.

Username: Allisgirl

It takes me all day to download and burn dvd's. Can someone please help me?

Username: Grum

Hi folks, new to the forum and need your help!

Sometimes when im burning avis to dvd using nero the laptop turns itselfs off,this in itself is very frustrating but when i restart the computer the 4.7GB or whatever has been deducted from my hard drive with no sign of any video files in the destination folder (my dvds for example). The files are obviously somewhere on my drive but i dont know where? Can anyone help me and point me to where they will be hiding?

Cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 48
so many questions on 1 thread...... Nero 7 works fine for transcoding from .avi or .mpg to dvd (.vob) format.. Ya just gotta know how to use it...

Username: Nicholass323

I am using DVD Decrypter to copy the files to my computer (ISO read) but when I try to write those files (ISO write) they are too big and I run into problems with the disk. It only will burn about half the information and then when I put the DVD in a dvd player it will only play a couple of screens at the start, warnings and such. Can anybody help and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Username: Evodro

Fairfield, Ca United States

so i burned a dvd and when i go to play it on the dvd player it keeps freezing at some parts of the movie. wat can i do to change that???

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2146
Nick. you need to shrink the decrypted movie to fit on a dvd+/-r 5Gb disk or buy blank Dual Layer disks(9 GB)
use DVD Shrink
Evan- Try buning DVD's as slow as possible(4X)
What program are you using to transcode and burn?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4023
Skipping/freezing is usually poor quality media. Use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim discs.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12239
Evan, I need a bit more information please.
Of what did you burn a DVD? Ripped commercial disc? home movies? compressed AVI files from the internet?

Have you tried playing the disc on the PC? Does it still skip or freeze in the same places?

What software did you use to write the DVD, assuming it was done on a PC and not a stand alone DVD recorder?

Username: Tradestead123

Hi all, I have have the same thinking,but I just do not know what I should do first!

Username: Elizabeth26

Hi, I've been trying to burn DVD's and can't get them to play on my DVD player which is several years old. I thought that it was like the older CD player situation where some of the older ones won't play mp3 burned cd's. So I downloaded the WinAVI program and converted my .avi files to .vod and tried using the Windows DVD Maker on my laptop that uses Windows Vista to burn the DVD. It recognized the file and let me get everything ready to burn, but when I told it to burn it gets like 2 percent through the encoding and doesn't go any further. Using a DVD-R disk. How long does it usually take to encode a DVD, I'm not sure what speed my burner is but it takes like 5 minutes to burn a full music cd.
I don't have any specific burning software, I've always had no problems burning music cd's with Windows Media Player so I figured I would have no problem doing the DVD's. Do I need to buy a DVD burning software? But the Windows Vista that I have come with Windows DVD Maker.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4561
I would suggest you all use "VSO ConvertXToDVD " you can convert and burn or save it on your the computer or DVD disk.

ConvertXtoDVD supports most popular format such Xvid, MOV, VOB, Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, AVI, WMV, DV and stream formats. It converts your files into a compliant DVD Video set of files and burns it on a DVD media.

The aspect ratio can be automatically selected or forced to a specific format. The program works for NTSC and PAL video formats and creates chapters automatically. Multiple audio tracks are supported. Version 2 uses a completely rewritten interface with subtitles support and a lot of new settings.

FEATURES:

* Video formats supported: avi, divx, xvid, mov, mkv, flv, mpeg-1, mpeg2-, mpeg-4, nsv, dvr-ms, tivo, ts, ifo, vob, asf, wmv, realmedia, rm, rmvb, ogm, existing files from digital camcorders, TV/Sat, capture cards, etc. No external codecs needed like avi codec download
* Create DVD menus with different templates available, possibility to add background video, image or audio, have chapter and audio/subtitle menus
* Conversion advisor wizard, control of the conversion speed vs. quality
* Fast and quality encoder, typically less than 1 hour for converting 1 movie, and supports Multi-Core processors!
* Included burning engine with burn speed control choice of SAO or packet writing methods, supports all DVD formats
* Custom and or automatic chapter creation with markers and preview window
* Advanced file merging possibilities
* Audio formats supported internal and external: AC3, DTS, PCM, OGG, MP3, WMA and more...
* Subtitles files supported internal and external: SRT, .SUB/IDX, .SSA with color and font selection, and supports tags like italic, bold
* Video output for video standard (NTSC, PAL), TV Screen (Widescreen 16:9, Fullscreen 4:3) and DVD Resolution (Full D1, Boradcast D1, Half D1, SIF), or choose automatic for all choices listed above. Also convert video from NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC
* Video post processing settings like video resize-pad/cropping and de-interlacing options
* Multilingual support

if you wish to obtain this software PM me and I will give you a download link

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16001
x2

Username: Okok

hello i am trying to burn a movie to another disc but it says F:video_ts/vts_03_1.vob:read error can anyone tell me what it means and how i can get around it? if so i would appreciate the help.

Gold Member

HOME, Kawortha lakes Canada

Post Number: 5475
use ConvertXToDVD or try dvd shrink or DVD Decrypter

Username: Wheato14

I download my videos in avi format. i then use win avi to convert them to dvd. using the converted file (dvd) it burn it to a 4.7GB dvd+r. when i then play the dvd on my tv it judders and stutters where the chapters change. can you help me please !

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5670
Paul...was it doing that b4 you converted it from AVI to DVD format?

if you still have the AVI video , don't burn it, but just convert it with DVD Decrypter or try DVD shrink (they both are free to use)... save it on your hard drive. Watch it ,and if it's still judders and stutters where the chapters change, you might want to download a better verson of the movie. If all goes well, use either DVD decrypter or dvd shrink to burn it on a dvd disk.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16355
I swear these kinds of threads will be around forever

Username: Airenbunte

Liechtenstein

Before formatting my hard disk I have copied them all to the DVD and burned them successfully. I have checked the DVD few times as all the important file was there. But I am so surprised that after formatting my hard disk, I tried to copy all the files from the DVD but it was not working. The DVD is failed to read by the c Please tell me how to do that.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16828
sorry im not sure what your issue is

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16829
hopefully someone will come through here that can help you soon

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 32
sean, please get lost. You are a spammer who for some reason is simply posting junk to every thread you can get your hands on just to boost your post count.

Have you ever actually posted anything helpful?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16846
go jump off a cliff

Bronze Member
Username: Reallooker

Post Number: 14
Airenbunte

what format did you use to burn them (data using nero or what ever) or did you use the built in windows burner to copy your files?

if for what ever reason you can not regain your files off the DVD,, try to use a recovery software like "recover my files" http://en.softonic.com/windows/file-recoveryor an other form of software. This will find all the files on your hard drive even if you have formated your PC.

Username: Jennifersahara

Woodbridge, Ontario Canda

Post Number: 6
Install Nero 8 to burn DVD's of your favorite movies, tv shows and all other important data

Username: Kreyzcee

To all of you who are burning movies that won't play on your stand alone players but will on pc or laptop, I think I have found a solution. I had the same problem. 1 out of 5 movies I would download, convert then burn would not play on 2 out of 3 of my dvd players. The only one they would all play on was a newer...that just so happens to read PAL and NTSC format dvds. So I downloaded a program called GSpot ( http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ ) and found the ones that wouldn't play were PAL...all the NTSC would play (on the older standalones). Sooooo...then I went to this page- http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Convert_PAL_NTSC_DVD_page1.html ...downloaded the IFOEdit...followed the directions in the article...burned the movie thru DVDShrink (because I am putting 2 movies per disk) burned with Nero (again thru dvdshrink) and...VOILA!!!!...the movies played!!!! Glory Hallelujah...finally. After making at least 10 coasters, hours and hours of searching and reading, pulling of hair, gritting of teeth, cursing of dvd players I finally have correctly working dvd's!!! Hope this helps some of you!

and a p.s....GSpot will still see the new VOB files as PAL, but I think since the IFO and BUP files are changed, the players see it as an NTSC. And the program recodes or whatever the rest of the movie to play as NTSC. I understand how it works..just not good at explaining it..lol. Also, in the article when it tells you to click the VOB EXTRAS button, you have to have the VTS IFO file open, not the Video_TS Ifo file...the button just stays grayed out when in the video ifo file. when it asked about the audio, just click the 'strip it' button. If you need any other help, I will check back here often.
C:o)

Sorry..keep thinking of things to tell you....when ever you convert your files to dvd from .avi or what ever file format, make sure you convert them into ntsc format. I use WinAvi. If you use winavi, when you get to the screen and pick your dvd target format, click adavanced and change target format from automatic to ntsc and convert.
Changing the Ifo with ifoedit is for files you already have converted but were converted to pal.
C:o)

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 41
What format you use should be determined by the player and the source file. I wouldn't recommend converting everything to NTSC. Especially for people with equipment purchased in non-NTSC regions (which is most of the World).

If the source is PAL you should keep it PAL. If it is NTSC you should keep it NTSC. Otherwise you are going to do a whole load of unnecessary frame rate conversions. You don't what to reduce the quality based on an old player. Most cheap players will happily play both formats.

When converting video formats you need to minimise the things you change. The frame rate is definitely at the top of the list of parameters to avoid messing with!

Well..I have changed about 15 movies so far and using the aforementioned programs, the graphics and audio quality are perfect.
I do understand about the non ntsc players. My bad I guess in assuming people would figure out which format would not play on their player and adjust accordingly.
And I might add how frustrating it is to take the time to download, convert, and burn a movie just to not be able to play it because yours isn't ' most cheap players'....so I will keep on keepin on with what I'm doing coz my movies and players are all doin just fine....

Gold Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 1699
Airen Bunte ... have you download K-lite codec packs ?

After you formated your PC, you also need to upgrade your windows media player or what ever you use to recognize different formates. Playback of AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, OGM, MPEG, MOV, HDMOV, TS, M2TS, and OGG files.

here is a link http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
I usually get the FULL package but basic or standerd is ok too or what ever you want.

also make sure your java scripts are updated too so that you can watch youtube and may other web sites that have videos on them
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

I hope this helps.

Gold Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 1700
I came across this a while back and it is all for free.

http://dvdvideosoft.com/

Free YouTube and Internet software

Free video converters for mobiles

Free video and audio conversion software

Free image and photo software

Free burning and ripping software

Free video and audio editing software

More free software

About DVDVideoSoft
DVDVideoSoft is an independent developer of multimedia software programs for video, audio, photo and image processing. The company offers 40+ safe, reliable and functional applications to download videos from YouTube and convert to mp3, upload to YouTube and Facebook, edit and convert audio and video files between different formats, burn CD, DVD discs, create DVDs, convert DVDs to video files, convert and resize images, record screen activities and make screenshots, convert video to playback on different devices, make 3D pictures and videos.

when you download the software it appears as FreeSTUDIO.exe once you install it , then you have choices to download the rest of the free stuff they offer. ( i love the youtube downloader)

I use many of the software offered. It all works great for all your movie needs. Enjoy ....and I hope you all have a safe and Merry Christmas !

Bronze Member
Username: Nelson1234

Post Number: 11
Hi everyone! nelson new here.............
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us