NO BIOS SCREEN JUST PLAIN BLACK SCREEN

Bronze Member
Username: Joshockey

Post Number: 14
I HAVE A QUESTION I BUILT THIS COMPUTER AND I PUT ALL THE PARTS TOGETHER TODAY AND I START UP THE PC AND ALL IGET IS A BLACK SCREEN NO BIOS OR NOTHING THE BOARD DOESENT HAVE A VIDEO PORT I HAD TO BUY A VIDEO CARD AND IM FRUSTRATED CUASE IT POWERS UP FANS WORK POWER SUPPLY WORKS BUT IM NOT SURE WHY THERES NO BIOS SCREEN OR SUCH BOARD IS AN MSI K8NEO PLATINUM ANY HELP IS APRRECIATED

Silver Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 108
u mean the POST not the BIOS, BIOS is something you get on hitting f1 or equivalent.

check your display device settings and refer the manual if required.

do you hear a short beep when u switch your pc on?
maybe your monitor isnt able to show the POST, happens on the large screen LCD's when there is a resolution conflict. if you hear a long cont. beep then your RAM is faulty or loose.
checked the power supply ?
if no beep at all the retrace your wiring and double check it.

the video card could need an external power cord. check that.

double check the power chords running from the smps to the mobo. if you have made a wiring error or a short then sometimes the mobo doesnt power on to prevent damage or mayb it has already been damaged !

check the jumper settings and refer the instructional manual.

hope you had grounded yourself properly while wiring. static from your body can kill the chips it comes in contact with. keep your fingers crossed on that.

the fans work properly cause they are directly powered by the smps ofcourse unless you mean the fans that are connected to the mobo (eg.varying speed).
SMPS should be atleast 400W of true power.

INFO needed..
you need to tell which video card you used , which display device you are using and your SMPS wattage and company.

also if you hear any beeps on power up.. long/short or any other pattern.

Silver Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 110
damn u faulty mobo !

willbur
Unregistered guest
i have the same problem, same model mmotherboard, tested it outside the case with alternative video cards both agp and pci, processors, cmos batterys, power supplies,and memory with and without hard drives and cdroms etc. checked all the jumpers all the connections the motherboard has to be faulty, i've seen similar posts for msi motherboards, and found no reolution the this problem, has anyone else beyone returning the board to the manifacturer

Krazed-Karnie
Unregistered guest
a way to boot it up is to take the board out of box...clear CMOS and BIOS and then boot it with one stick on ram in the DIMM4 slot and then enter bios...change the CD drive to first boot then HDD and floppy then insert Os disk...hit F6 install the Raid drivers...then instal OS...some devices wont boot i have the same issue on the Platinum K8Neo2..

Username: Miguetronix

Post Number: 1
have the same problem i have a acer AL1917W lcd screen and when i start the pc i get no bios post i only get a message that says no detected input pease help
i have a
cpu: amd 3000 64
motherboard: giga-byte kns9ultra
1gb ram
9600xt video card running on 1440*900
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 43
When you build your own and can't post, chances are you either put something in the wrong place, missed something all together or you have a bad board. Recheck everything you plugged to the board and use the manuals for both the case and the mobo to verify its right. One of the most common errors is with connecting the case lines to the motherboard. If its a switch (power or reset) it can go on either way, if its a light or speaker it must be connected the right way one is positive the other negative and reversing them can cause problems. If your pretty sure you have the case connection correct remove anything you don't need like usb or firewire (case to board) to check if they cause the problem. Some of the connectors I have used for these devices are complicated and frustrating to get right. Make absolutely sure your processors heatsink fan is connected to the right fan plug, if its not the board will read no fan and will not start. make sure the heatsink seated properly to the proc, if you put it on backwards it will not make a flat contact and the board will fault from heat. If all else fails, remove everything and start again from scratch. There are so many things that can go wrong and when you find what you missed or did wrong you'll probably hit yourself in the head and call yourself an idiot like I do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us