How To Hook Up 2 Monitors To One PC

Terry Miller
Unregistered guest
How do u hook up 2 monitors 2 one PC somebody help me cause i wanna play Diablo 2 And go on msn at the same time!

Unregistered guest
i need to kno how to hook up two monitors to one computer i have the stuff it just doesnt work what am i doing wrong?

giggers
Unregistered guest
one cord in pc, one in graphicds card, sorted.

Username: Molohov

Post Number: 3
Firstly, Terry, you can't run Diablo and be on MSN at the same time, even with dual monitors.
In order to run dual monitors, you need one of the following:
a) Integrated Graphics and a PCI card, or;
b) A PCI card and an AGP card
When these are installed, you simply need to go to Display Properties in the Control Panel and go to Settings. Click on the monitor that you want to extend your desktop onto, and click the box that says 'Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor.'
Hope this helps.

Username: Kwd1990

Post Number: 2
Hey, fisrt of all in order to do this u need 2 cords. The blue pluggin type and a white pluggin type (i think their called VGA and DVI) note: cant have 2 of the same. this really is depending on wat type of jacks ur vid card supports there r some wid only the blue pluggin so it just depends on ur comp, then do wat Bryce said.

Josh Web Developer
Unregistered guest
One way is by haveing two video cards, just like Bryce said, or if your current video card supports multiple displays follow John Doe's advice. But a problem with diablo is when you have it on one screen and try to go to another it minimizes so you can't really use both it and msn at the same time. Another solution, rather than dual monitors, is playing diablo 2 windowed then its easier to switch between it and msn. It'll still get minimized but at least you wont have to wait for your monitor to adjust to the different resolutions. to do that, just right click the diablo 2 icon and click properties, in the shortcut tab locate target and add "-w -r800x600"

Hope one of these solutions helps you out.

Username: Savaal

Post Number: 1
This one is extreamly challenging.I have tried my level best but so far I can't get to it.
I need a big help.
I have a Laptop and a PC.I want to hook-up my PC to the Laptop so that I can use screen of Laptop as a Monitor to the PC and get rid of that bulky monitor already hooked to the PC.

Unregistered guest
1. I got a 6600GT VIVO and 2 LCD dont have DVI port. I connected one cord to vga and one cord to DVI using a DVI to VGA convertor, the vga one works fine, but the DVI one only work until it going into the windows, then goes to sleep mode.

is this because my LCD dont support DVI?

2. To solve the problem, I bought a VGA splitter, then both pc worked fine, but they both display the same image, and my PC can only detect one LCD has been connected.

I read the forum, someone mentioned about splitter cable with bundle softeware, is this work for my situtation? and Where I can get it?

Thx guys

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2560
Yeah, the VGA splitter is working exactly how it should work.

The LCD probably does support DVI, but it isn't enabled on your computer.

You might want to talk to a computer rep about resolving your problem.

Username: Dusttart

hello, i wanted to know if these were the right cable that you need to hook 2 moniter up to a computer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000X0VCY
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006HS7Q

Username: Alex_baran

i have both moniters up but i want to play flight sim and only one of the moniters show the full dashboard. how to i get both moniters to show the hole dashboard?

thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8624
Are you talking a panoramic view, where one monitor shows half of the flight deck and the other shows the other half?

Username: Alex_baran

Post Number: 2
yes

Gold Member

Post Number: 8634
I don't think that program supports that kind of display.

Username: Gadget_man

Hi I hope somebody actually reads this, as I am completely stuck with the problem of converting the output of my UK Digital terestrial TV box (Euro Scart out)to drive a Multisync monitor which automatically Syncs to 15 KHz (UK TV, if that frequency is detected via its 15 pin HD connector) I will be ok to split off the audio myself, and the RGB output should be reasonably straight forward, as this is stated in the manual as; RGB blue signal out, RGB Blue signal ground, on pins 5 & 7, with Red & Green on pins 15 & 13, 11 & 9 respectively. But I think the sync signal is probably two or more of the following; Fast blanking out, Fast blank. ground, Video out, Video ground & Switch voltage out.
Can somebody tell me how to conect the pins 13 & 14 ie. (H Sync. & V Sync.respectively) or will I have to obtain or build a Sync Separator & invertor, and, if so, how would that set-up connect from the pins 13 & 14 on the HD15 to the Fast blanc. out or Video out pins on the scart connector ?

Username: U2fan777

i have a ATI radeon HD 2000 card how do i hook up two monitors to it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15378
Read the instructions that came with it.

Username: Pipipstam

Okay, i have a graphics card and the normal motherboard, i have got two monitors and both are VGA.

I have plugged both of them in and tried everything but it seems to be only detecting the one in the graphics card... Help??? :-)

Username: Xduncan03x

I'm having a similiar issue..

I have a computer brought home from work and I fumbled along the option to hook up a second monitor (extend my desktop to this monitor) and I hooked it up and it worked. Although, this computer isn't that great with WoW and I converted back to my old computer.

I've realized that the option on the first computer also had a picture of multiple monitors opposed to computer 2 that only has a picture of just 1..

The computer I brought home from work isn't much newer then my current PC and was wondering if there was something I can download, like a driver.

TY
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us