New to me

Username: Tonio35

Post Number: 1
I have an AMD athlon 1600 Mhz 256 ddr currently overclocked at 1820 Mhz, Which I think is pretty good, with a stock hsf. I wanted to know what to do to make it faster, and perform better. I was thinking more memory and a ton of fans. I have problems running Doom 3 and I am tring to remedy this. so if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it.

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 61
More fans wont make it faster, it will just move more air around. A side effect of this would be the cooler the case will be.

To make Doom3 run faster, you really need a new system. Something around a AthlonFX 2500+ or a Pentium4 2.4ghz. And 512mb DDR ram. Oh and a good video card, about a GeForce 5900XT or Radeon 9600XT.

Username: Joshockey

Post Number: 6
a is right you should look into something else also if you upgrade the ram instead thats a start you should run at least a gig also if you hook up more fans you can actually slow down the processoras far as doom3 is concerned a new graphics card becouse doom3s graphics ar so demanding. and even with an entry level card doom3 on low graphics it lags. save your pennies and buy a nice card i have two asus n6600gts running in sli mode and there great but were costly $219 a peice. but my pc is built for gameing.

Username: Gazzafazza

Uk

Post Number: 1
Hi, I've just recently upgraded my mobo & cpu to pentium D 915 & a ecs P4M800-M7 mobo, I also have 2x DVDRW 2x hard-drives radeon 9600xt gpu 512mb dual channel ram. now the problem seems to be lack of power, only 300w it keeps rebooting after 2-5 mins, can you suggest an alternative?

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 476
this is an OLD thread

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 93
Very Very old, why did you post?>
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video