Can you record HD TV onto your computer harddrive?

UncleRico
Unregistered guest
If I have a Comcast HD cable box and a video card for my computer that says it supports HD, and it has a DVI output, theoretically, couldn't I record HD onto my hard drive? If so, I would need some sort of device to get the HD signal from the cable box to the computer, where it could record the HD signal onto my harddrive. From there, I could set my card to dual output onto my TV and use the DVI output to send the signal from my comp to my TV. Does anyone know if this is possible? I have heard in other forums that it is, but I have seen no clear explanation of how to accomplish this...If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 61
What your probably refering to is the combination of an ATI all in wonder video card with an HD compatible capture card with a cable input.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3652
Guys, that's one old post you've bumped up. But hey, if it helps others, I guess it's cool.

Silver Member
Username: Captain

Post Number: 105
awsome

Username: Tv_on_your_computer

Post Number: 1
You have to get a TV tuner. However just figure out if you want a hybrid TV tuner or a normal one, because the Hybrid has good features such as it allows you to record a show while watching another one.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16758
hmm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts