Rumbling noise?

Username: Geeker

Post Number: 6
I have a bulk Sound blaster sound card connected to a high quality stereo amplifier. My problem is a low rumbling noise that can be heard even at low volume levels. The system has gone through some hard times lately, I think something must have been broken. It is not the cables however, I checked those.

My best bet is the sound card output jack, it may have been under improper tension(cable pulling it sideways) for several weeks.

My question is, how do I verify and/or fix the damage? Should I solder something or what? Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation?

Regards,

J from Finland

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 59
Try some other speakers/headphones/devices. That will tell you if it is the cable/speakers/sound card.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 135
You said you've got a cheap soundcard. Maybe thats the simple answer. What kind of 'rough times' has your computer been through. You've got to remember that the soundcard is bit like a pre-amp only it doesn't actually amplify. It allows sound to run through with its full uncompressed quality. If the soundcard is messing the signal up, then i feel sorry for your high quality amplifier. What soundcard do you have?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us