Computer to HDTV

Username: Denny_shibby

WI U.S.A

Post Number: 1
Okay I am also quite a newbie here, but this is my situation.

I have a Samsung HDTV monitor with RCA Component hookup to the back that is already hooked up to my receiver because of my dvd player. So if I hookup something using component it has to go to my receiver.

My computer wont turn on so we are getting a new computer, but since I am getting another one when I graduate in a year my parents want to go cheap like 400-700. We haven't decided on one yet and my plan is to hook this new computer up to the hdtv monitor via the reciever.

I know some of this covers different areas than video cards, but:

Is there any problem with connecting your video component cables via a digital receiver?

Is there any video cards that have rca component out instead of dvi or 15 pin?

Assuming
Could they be found within some cheap computers or would I have to buy them seperate?

What video card should I get to get good quality picture considering the above?

Any suggestions regarding the computer I get and where I get it(Internet sites, stores, etc.)

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 239
As long as its dvi to dvi , and vga to vga. since hd is always dvi, if you have a dvi video card you can, if you have a vga card then rellie, theres no point in havin an hd setup. Makse sure its always dvi to dvi. rca cables normlly dont carry hd very vell, just make sure you dont go to wallmart and buy some 10$ cables. I reccommend monster cable for everything. My dvi cables run me about 200$ each, but o man, you cant get any cleaner signal. I reccommend an ati 9800 or higher, or an nvidia 6800gt or higher, if you want a true hd ecperience, now if you dont relly care if its hd or not, to he!l with $$$ cables. Go to wallmart, but being you have the $ to get an hd monitor to begin with, id reccommend ud use it. :-) Dell xps, High end gateways, all alienwares, hmmm what other good comp companies. Idk, i Build my own comps so im not really big at knowin computer manufactures. Amd or intel are fine. dont listen to all the opinuions people have on em, intel and amd are both great chips that are much worth their money (Intel is normally more per performance to cost ratio than amd is tho.)

locokram
Unregistered guest
i just bought a 47" samsung hdtv and i want to hook it up to use as my computer monitor. i have a dvi input/output and bought a cable to hook up. when i did, the pic resolution is horrible on my tv. i have my display settings on generic television on NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (Dell). i was told that this video card can not handle a greater resolution than 640x480 pix and color of low 8bit. what do i need to do so my computer display is better on my tv? do i need a new video card to handle a 47" hdtv?

Username: Outlaw16511

Erie , Pennsylvania US

Post Number: 3
u will needs to update your card
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts