Hook up computer to tv

Username: Tookien1

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
hi everyone, I am new to this forum

I just have a question regarding hooking up the PC to a TV. The TV is fairly new, has a s-video output but the only problem is there is no video card in the computer to support the s-video line in. Its not my computer but my brother in laws, the mainboard has no AGP slot in it, only PCI and I don't think they sell anymore PCI's with S-Video output.

Can I convert the signal somehow to a S-video out-put from my mainboard, is this possible. I saw some products on the net, but when I go to the store locally they have either no clue as to what I am talking about or they don't know anything about it.

If you ask why he wants to do this, its because he usually downloads torrent files off the net and since the formats are usually differant (pal) which comes from europe, he records the movies onto disc in media format file, then opens the movie right from the computer, so its better off just to play it from the computer than DVD players which not often but sometimes don't support the format type.

Thanks for any replies

Bronze Member
Username: Vermiciouskanid

San Antonio, TX USA

Post Number: 13
I'll let this speak for itself, for your in-PC solution check out the Xcard. Call around for local availability or order online. This kix much azz

For help converting from PAL to NTSC go to DVDHelp

Username: Rob6078

i have been told that i can hook my pc up to my tv through s video so ive done that but i have no pic or sound

Unregistered guest
well I am looking for away to run a movie from movie maker on pc to video recorder to make a tape is this possible or to run to TV to b copied by the vCR

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I am trying to hook up my television to my computer to watch TV from.

I purchased a Haupauge mce500 card, along with a sapphire radeon 9600 pro video card that has a svideo output. I used the adapter (that it came with) to convert it to composite.

At first I was not getting a display, but after playing with some video settings in the control panel, I now have a black and white image that keeps scrolling down the screen that is kind of fuzzy. It would appear to be an image of what is on my regular vga computer screen.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Is this a windows setting? A videocard driver setting? Please email to michael@24-7pressrelease.com.

Michael

Username: Hotpinkcandy

Red Deer, Alberta Canada

Hi,
I just bought an S Video Cord to hook up my laptop to my TV . The computer has the output and the TV has the input but no video is going on to my TV. Can anybody help me!!!

CeyPDX
Unregistered guest
you need to put the scart in av2 Not Av1. Then jump to Av2-vhs which comes after Av2 on your tv. There you have it.

Unregistered guest
Hello CeyPDX. I have the same problem than Hotpinkcandy. I want to hook up my Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop to my new TV so I can watch movies but I have only 2 options on my TV: video1 and S-Video. I tried both and I got no image or sound. Is there anything I have to change in my laptop settings? Please help, any one. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
hi, my hp pavilion ze4400 laptop is connected to my tv with svideo. the screen shows up fine on the tv, but when i play a video on the laptop the screen is blank on the tv. how do i fix that. thanks.

nancybrown@sympatico.ca
Unregistered guest
have computer hooked up to tv right now but only am seeing desktop pic and mouse but nothing else seems to be working . what have i done wrong tried running the nvidia driver again but still the same thing happening can any one out there help me ty

Unregistered guest
I got two Questions. Where can I find a screen for a Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop and how hard is it to change out the screen on one.

Unregistered guest
My brother and I are trying to hook up our Compaq Presairo 700 laptop to his tv. We have the S-Video cord, and tried plugging it in last night, but we didnt see anything on the tv. Just had a black screen. Did we do something wrong, or did we forget something. We cant even find out how to do this under the help and support screen. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook my emachine computer up to my polariod tv. I have the S-Video cord and my tv and computer both have the slots for it to go in but when i put it in all there was was a blank screen and nothing else any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Username: Pvrconfused

I want to make a PVR to capture HD (unscrambled AND scrambled) as well as the 5.1 sound from my cable provider (Comcast). I assume doing this right means whatever PVR card/sw combination I get needs to capture the audio and video signals from my STB (DCT-5100) outputs and control the cable programming with an IR blaster, as opposed to just processing the raw cable signal from Comcast.

I built the computer on an INTEL PERL865 M/B, 2.4 Ghz, with .5 gb memory, 250gb drive, and a Radeon 7000 video driver. TV is a Sony 36XBR400.

I have just spent the last three days trying unsuccessfuly to google which PVR card/software combination to buy to achieve that goal. Pretty frustrating. No card seems to be able to do what I want, or if something does, the hype gets in the way of the facts. Clarity will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi my tv is 700"
i want u 2 be in it so i can cut u OFF

Unregistered guest
I have a new hp pavilion zv6000 can you tel me how to hook up the s-video cable so I can watch and edit dvds on my laptop. I tried putting it in the fron s-video input but no luc? Can you help?
Thanks

marswill
Unregistered guest
could someone tell me how to hook computer to tv to watch movies

timboyd
Unregistered guest
I have a GeCube Radeon 9200SE 128MB Game Buster with tv out. When I set my display to Monitor & TV, I can see the desktop with any open documents and programmes on the tv BUT I can not "see" any images in Windows Media Player, only the border. I have tried WinDVD, Media Player Classic and various other programmes, all with the same result. I have opened a JPG in MPC and this was not visible on the tv, only on the monitor. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook up my toshiba notebook to my television and i have a video input on my notebook hooked to my video input on my television but i still get a blank screen. Can you please help me get my notebook to run on my t.v. thanks.

Bastien
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook my computer up to my T.V to act like a monitor because both my parents "took" my monitor out of my room because they blamed me for their computer going completely black. Is their a way for me to do this?

Bastien
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook my computer up to my T.V to act like a monitor because both my parents "took" my monitor out of my room because they blamed me for their computer going completely black. Is their a way for me to do this?

Username: Emark

I can extend my PC desktop to my HDTV in 800x600 res which gives me a stable desktop (does not slide around) but poor resolution. I'm using S-video because the DVI to HDMI did not give me any picture. How can I improve resolution? Increasing res on monitor 2 using the destop properties dialog gives me a sliding desktop and other instabilties. Did I miss something when trying to go out my PC DVI port to the HDTV HDMI port?

Unregistered guest
they do sell pci vidio cards with s-vidio im geting one thats called asus n6800 512mb look it up on www.asus.com

Username: Dirtyoldred

I have a dell D610 and I am trying to hook it up to my TV. I have S-video hooked up from the computer to the TV. I also have an audio Y-adapter to hook up my audio from my headphone jack of my computer to the two RCA inputs into the TV. I have played around with my display settings and have got the video to my tv. The problem I am having is that I can't stream a video file to my tv. The video shows up on my computer screen, but not my television screen. I have tried many types of formats. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? P.S. I also have no audio.

Username: Lita

Mocksville, NC USA

I've seen what Might be the same question? Trying to hook up my dish network to my PC tuner, using Media Center to view. Problem? Dish networks new 2 tuner to one box and the TV1 is in the living room with the box. So just the cable and remote for the puter. NO ONE seems to know how to do this though some say they have seen it in action. Does ANYone know how to set up the Media Center Live TV to a 'remote' sensor reciever that the Dish Network uses???? All I'm getting now is bars and static. Maybe it's because Media Center only looks for ch 2, 3 and 4? And the TV2 with dual recv's/one box, uses a higher channel (73)? Help????? New technology that NO one seems to know how to use. Gateway sent me to Dish, Dish sent me to Gateway!

Username: Scott4444

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Hey all, im new to this and im kinda young and dont know a lot. I just tried to hook my PC to my Tv with an s video cable, I restarted my Pc, it came up on the Tv working fine, but when it was dont the loading windows xp screen the tv just went black

Username: Itspuck

i am trying to hook up my dell laptop to an lcd tv. i connect via vga cable and set the laptop to output to 2nd monitor. it all works great. whatver is on my laptop now displays on tv. however when i play a video, either an .avi or .mpeg it plays on the laptop but shows nothing but black space on the tv where ti should be playing. i read somewhere something about video overlay option in my video card settings, but i dont have such option. any help would be appreciated.

Username: Nater30303

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help
i have Acer aspire 3000 laptop , i want to hook up my laptop to an RCA tv , i have video turner card ( netebook tv card ) i tried to hook up my laptop via this card but the it appear in tv nothing , well i tried with sitting and to make the second monitor and won't , the card has the s-video output and i have s-video adapter wich can allow to connect via the yellow or red cable . i tired with all my best and nothing in my tv so im writting in this forum and i wish can someone to help me plz . thanks to everyone.

Username: Waxbar1

IF YOUR LAPTOP IS FLIPPED OPEN IT WILL NOT RUN ON THE TV!!!! CLOSE YOUR LAPTOP ALL THE WAY, OR LEAVE IT OPEN A BIT DEPENDING ON MODEL TYPE.

Username: Sun_rana03

Hi,

I have an IBM laptop T60 but it does not have a S-video output.I recently bought a new HDTV

Can anyone please tell me how to hook up to the Laptop to this TV. The TV has all the inputs (HDMI, S-video, component etc)

Any help will be appreciated

Sunil

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13326
Check the documentation of your laptop and see if it has provisions for vidoe out to your TV. if not you will need an adapter with your vedio card.

Username: Nstrukshun

Hi all. I'm new here. Ok here's the thing. I have a Dell Inspiron B130 and I want to hook it up to my tv which is made by Sharp. I only have input 1 and 2 on my tv.
What would I need besides an S-cable? I've been searching online trying to find the correct cable for my laptop. (No luck.)
There's this little slot on the side of my laptop I'm not sure what its for. So any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Also if any other Dell users can point me in the direction of finding a cable for my laptop thanx in advance.

Username: Therellik

Shenandoah, Iowa Usa

hey i made a video of me showing how to hook up a computer with a Nvidia 8300GS video card to my 27 inch tv.. itll be alot of help if your stuck and cant get your computer on your tv.. watch it and tell me if it works.. i also show how to get sound to come from your tv speakers and not your computer speakers.. therellik..

Bronze Member
Username: Haydog_08

Hot Springs, Arkansas US

Post Number: 48
do not use a Svideo cable for a computer monintor...yes its possible and i have done it... I currently have a 32" samsung tv for a monintor..and i use a VGA cable...plus with a Svideo cable u cant adjust the screen res to what u can on a VGA cable..

Username: Cs88

Southampton, NJ USA

I just bought a 52' Sanyo LCD HDTV and am trying to hook up my HP Compaq Windows XP professional computer to it. The computer doesn't have an S- Video output. I want to be able to use my TV as my computer monitor and be able to have sound and search the web through the computer and see it on the T.V. Is there some way I can hook it up without the S video output or convert some output on my computer to work with my T.V?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us