Video card recommendation

Bronze Member
Username: Silver007

Post Number: 17
Hi-

I have a P500 system with an old ATI Rage 128 Pro. Would it be possible to upgrade a bit with $20 or so for a used card? I'm no PC junkie, but being able to play some of the new games at less than max resolution would be nice. This ATI is showing its age.

Username: Rambus_king

Post Number: 8
For 20 bucks, you havn't a prayer. Don't even bother.

Sorry.

Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 9
Look for a second hand GeForce 4 MX440. Pretty good card, but not up with todays standards. You can still play Halo, BF1942, UT03/04 and whatnot, but not on max resolution and detail.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 118
Lol U wont be able to play new games like hl2 homie. Not even min grafix. You need atleast a desent card. If you dont have ago you screwed. No decent pci grafics cards out ne more. Agp, you lookin at atleast 80 $ for the ability to play newer (still not newest games). My card was 550 a year ago.Save up. Dont waste your time with cheap cards. Like i said $ 80 buks and up. No used cards either. Computers are not cars. New stuff only. Period.

Anonymous Poster
Unregistered guest
One possibility would be the ATI Radeon 9250 128/256MB cards. They would be able to play newer games, are PCI, and are fairly cheap.

Username: Joshockey

Post Number: 5
personally even with a geforce 4 you cant play unreal in fact one of the pcs i have is a pentium 2 with a geforce 4 and im an unreal junkie and i play online you will only be able to play unreal gold and thats it and some of the older quake games.

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 68
Quote by josh wright:

personally even with a geforce 4 you cant play unreal

I have one and it plays Unreal Tournament GOTY. And UT03.

Bronze Member
Username: Joshockey

Post Number: 11
sorry it was a geforce 2 opps

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 237
Ive played UT04 on a 64 built on shared memory grafix serup, running 128 mb ram, UT will run on most comps, its a low cpu cycle game, and you should have no problem playing it on almost ne thing out there. I reccommend anyone wanting a new care, 100$ is the minimun now if you want to play most new games.

Mila
Unregistered guest
Ive got this really cool new game, called Battle for Middle Earth. I had played it at my freind's place and i loved it, but it doesn't work on my comp.

i need to get a min 64 mb card but 128 mb would be nice. please suggest which card i should get.

ps
my comp has an AGP slot.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 244
Whats the budget?

Mila
Unregistered guest
budget is 80 bucks

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 249
Well its good to see you have an AGP slot because it widens the choice greatly.
Could you also say what ram and processor you have as these are important to.
I would recommend you check this out for yourself and decide. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048+1069609639 &Subcategory=48&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=90
All cards on there are under $90 and are agp cards. DONT go for anything from the FX series though because you dont have to. A geforce 6200 or radeon 9600pro are the best choices to make but I'd still go for the 6200.
If you could stretch your budget $18 then you could get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130262
This will be a far better card to have and will last you longer. Also, its from evga-one of the best vendors.
Hope this helps you more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us