PLEASE HELP BIG PROBLEM

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 21
MY mom just boughtA NEW COMPUTER AND I DOWN LOADED A THING CALLED SYSTEM SUIT AND IT DELETED ALL OF THE SHORTCUTS AND DATA TO EVERY THING AND I CANT REBOOT BECAUSE IT SAYS \

WINDOWS COULD NOT RESTART BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT

{WINDOWS ROOT}/SYSTEM 32/HAL.DLL

PLEASE REINSTALL A COPY OF THE ABOVE FILE

Username: Goon

Post Number: 3
easy way to fix any problem....just format the hdd and reinstall windows. since it's a new comp...there isn't much on there anyways. try just reinstalling windows before you format. hope this helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 37
And ASAP after that create a boot (Start up) disc or CDROM.

Username: Goon

Post Number: 7
word

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ya BUT howie the only problem is i cant reboot it because the file i need to reboot ist is corrupt and i have no disc to reinstall windows xp

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2785
try this.
Turn off the computer
Turn it on...and while it is turning on keep your finger on the F8 key. This will put you in safe mode. Go to programs and into system tools. You should have something that says "system restore".
Good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Thanks berny but that dident work either it wont let me restore it i dont know why

is there a disk that i can buy that will redown load every thing for me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
The computer is a hp pavalon a647c/intel pentium processor /microsoft xp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2787
How old is the computer? If it is less than a year old, you can still call hp tech support.

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 38
The only way is as Bernie says.What actually happens when you hold the F8 key down at the start up? What do you get on the screen ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
When i hold the f8 key a hole bunch of options came up like a couple different safe modes and some different system retores but they wouldent work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
the computer is less then a year old it is like 5 months

Gold Member

Post Number: 2789
You are still under warranty...call hp and have your receipt handy. They should be able to help you out free of charge.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
ok thanks alot to all of you

Unregistered guest
I HAVE AN HP AS WELL WITH THE SAME PROB..HP HAS A BUILT IN SYSTEM RESTORE WHEN IT'S OPENING PRESS F10 I THINK IF NOT TRY F9 THIS WILL PUT THE PUTER INTO SYSTEM RESTORE AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS IT WORK FOR ME....GOOD LUCK

Username: Vegetex

Post Number: 5
what i would do.. if i had that problem is make a disk http://www.bootdisk.com/ get a winNT/XP disk. put that on a nice formatted floppy start ur pc and then let the disk do its stuff and then have the xp CD inserted to install windows XP. if the disk dont start look in the BIOS to see if floppy is bootable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us