P4 Hyperthread CPU

Username: Cmangle

Post Number: 5
What is the slowest(cheapest) P4 processor that incorporates hyperthreading ?

I am correct in that not all Intel P4 processors use hyperthreading ?

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 270
Yes you are correct not all of them use Hyperthreading; the rapid development in technology drives prices of semi-older but really good hardware down so we are in luck.

Well you can get OEM processors from a company (processors that are purchased in bulk that you receive in a small plastic case and bubble wrap in the mail), or you can get retail (boxed CPUs from Intel with heatsink and CPU). Personally id buy an OEM processor & aftermarket CPU cooler because you get more for less and the heatsink and fan that comes with the retail CPUs sucks.

OEM P4s: http://www.directron.com/oemp4.html
Retail P4s: http://www.directron.com/retailp4.html

*Don't forget some good thermal compound!!

arrow224
Unregistered guest
The slowest ones would run at 2.8 GHZ, or 2800 Mhz.

Phil S.
Unregistered guest
I have a question on what cpu to use with an 865pe board. The mobo is from compusa #boxd865perll. Will the intel fc-pga4 work on this board? #bx80546pg3200e. My confusion is the difference between these two sockets: mPGA478 and FC-PGA4. Both have 478 pins. The first socket will work but I am not sure what the FC (flip chip?) is all about. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi, i have a P4 3.0HT, 256 ram -64mb shared Graphics...2 chips(intel), hybrid booster...
win xp, what & how to hyperthread? bios says
"AUTO".

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 261
leave it auto. you dont choose when it uses hyper threading technology, it all depends on the app u r using, Some apps use it some dont. Dont even worry about it. I wouldnt change ne thing in bios if you didnt know that to begin with. you will most likely do more damage than help to your system.

Bronze Member
Username: Rowlandbrown

Post Number: 32
arrow224 that is not entirely true. I have a retail, 2.4Ghz, 800mhz fsb processor with hyper threading.

haha noobs
Unregistered guest
wtf tim

Bronze Member
Username: Zulkir

U.S.A.

Post Number: 17
hi all.. oh btw pents suck

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 359
word to the post above!

Username: Emeraldskylark

Post Number: 3
I struggled with this until I pieced together the solution below, which I believe works for both AMD and Intel processors. As far as I know, and I could be wrong, AMD does not yet have CPU threads but they have provided a way to detect them that I assume will work on future AMD processors which may have CPU threads.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us