Good video graphics card

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through October 18, 2005Tim100

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 354
and o, just cuz a clock speed is sometimes slower, it dosent mean crap. There is a WHOLE lot more than just clock speeds. For example, the drivers, the features etc. My amd 2.4 ghz will school a p4 5+ ghz cpu. So now what. Like I said, its more than just clock speeds that make a card fast. O and by the way, the Leadtec nvidia 6800 Ultra was the fastest card released when it was a few years ago. The ati x800 didnt even come close. Maximum pc, pc magazine, and many others tested them, and came to one answer. The nvidia took the win. Hmmm I wonder why nvidia is still in # 1. O wait maybe its cuz they pus technology more than ati. Just the same as intel vs amd. Amd has been setting the bench for the past decade. Intel has been following close behind, but after amd pioneered the technolgy. I think i have said enuf. Tootles

Username: Dipset101

Br, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
ok i dont kno alot about computers ive got an hp540n wit 480megs i bought cs but i get killed so easily becuz of my video memory or graphics card now i got 50 bucks 2 spend wats the best i can get LOL

Unregistered guest
See a bunch of your guy's problems are because you are running intel pentium and celeron...a bunch of you are probably gonna be bored cause u know but....here....intel cpus have 2 data pipelines running slightly fater whilest amd has 4 data pipelines running a tad bit slower....amd gets you twice as much data so the slightly slower factor really means nothing.

BCHS Raider
Unregistered guest
Oh also.....i customized this pc myself from a website it gives you pretty good deals if you are a newbie...www.tigerdirect.com

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 355
dude amol,"but i get killed so easily becuz of my video memory or graphics card now i got 50 bucks 2 spend wats the best i can get LOL"

ok. to start you are a noob. Ive played cal i matches running on a shitty comp. Ok now second. Stop being a NOOB. dont blame you losing on your hardware. It takes practice to become good. Ive been playing cs since day one. hell I even alpha tested counter-strike. DOnt expect to own just cuz you have a killer comp. Practice, and stop making such lamer excuses.

Amd bchs, it dosent make a difference. Intel is only and i mean like a zillionth of speed off from amd. SO in reality, just cuz the specs are all skewed between these 2 companies, they both are good. Just be glad you arent using a via cpu.

Username: Gazzsamurai88

my comp
pentium 4 2.79ghz
80gig hardrive
2x512 mb ram
sapphire radeon 9250 pci

will this play counterstrke source?
if so what will my fps be like on most maps ?

Post Number: 2
post here or contact me on
gazzsamurai@hotmail.com

is there any upgrades i should get ? i only have pci slots on my motherboard!

oh yeah and i have windows xp home edition

Post Number: 3
********sapphire radeon 9250 128mb pci********
forgot to put down memory installed on grafx

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 198
Can you see your pretty persistant gareth. Many of us have already covered CS:S game requirements extensively and if you havnt already read this topic then do so!
Your computer will play cs:s fine, you have a good amount of Ram so no need to worry there. Your processor will be fine as 2.4ghz is recommended.
Your hardrive being 80gb may make loading time slow sometimes but as long as you have enough space to install the game then its no problem.
Graphics card is only pci? Thats old tech. now, unless its pci express? None the less that card should be fine and on default settings which cs will recommend along with configuring a few higher end adjustments such as antialiasing I would say you'll get about 30-40fps. Memory size is fine, the hype over 256mb is over-rated. Although more memory is going to increase obviously what you see in gameplay-most you wont really notice except for on games like san andreas which is very memory intensive. You'll probably get better fps with 128mb like most cards right now.
Buy it, tell us how it goes..

Post Number: 4
ok, thanks man !!!

Username: Skippy10

which one shall i get i have read the entire thread and am still not sure which one to get ?
ATI RADEON 9250

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~100764~/Sapphire%20Radeon%209250%20PC I%20128MB%20DDR%20DVI%20TV%20OUT.htm

NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~100429~/XFX%20Geforce%205200%20PCI%20 256MB%20DDR%20TV%20OUT%20Retail.htm

Unregistered guest
hii..i'm Stélio!
My computer descriptions are:
Intel Pentium4
CPU 1.72GHz
224mb of ram
graphic card of 64 mb.

if i put 512 of ram and a graphic card of 128 mb will i be able to play games nicely?will my computer support these hardwares?

Unregistered guest
Hi guys!Here's my computer:
AMD duron 1.3ghz
512ram
geforce2 32mb

I want to be able to play the game GTA San Andreas so I considered buying the Radeon 9250 256mb because my budget is tight.Will that card do the thing?

necos01
Unregistered guest
They reason why a lot of people with good video cards don't have a large improvement in fps is because in cs:s it bases fps on processor speed and ram, not solely on video card and its specs. Not to mention, many of the specs from people in this thread, the major problem is ram, I went from 512mb to 1gb of ram and I saw a drastic improvement.

What card would you guys recommend from 125-200?

Unregistered guest
Yo whats up. i just got Quake 4. i have an (MSI) ATI RX9600 pro TD-128 graphics card, 1G of ram, 2800 64bit AMD cpu. When i try to play the game i can play it for about 5 minutes if that and the game either freezes or i get an error msg and it just shuts off. I'm thinking its because my video card is a step under the min requirements witch is an ati 9700. but i don't want to buy a new card an it dosn't solve my problem. if it is my problem could someone recommend a better card for $100-$200 and possibly $300 if necessary. also when i play Call of Duty 2 it sometimes gets very choppy when theres a lot of actoin or smoke. Thanks

Unregistered guest
forgot to add that i only have windows xp home edition if that makes any difference

Username: Joshy125

Sydney, N.S.W Australia

hey guys i truley no sh1t all about computers, but i love cs:s, i have a Gecube Radeon 9600xt, is it sh1t or good or wat, i get reali bad fps it sits around 30 - 50 can some 1 tell me one that will get at least around 80 - 100, cheers and ill spend up to about $400 max

Username: Joshy125

Sydney, N.S.W Australia

^
|
|
|
guys that question is important and has a dead line

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
I should really uncheck e-mail from ecoustics, its getting bugging now. Ill say it again read the post!
The card you have is peforming at about its expected rates but as mentioned, depends on other system components.
One thing though type in to the console on css fps_max99 or fps_max 99 and this should optimize frame rate. You can fiddle around until you find a better performance for your pc.
Simply put, anything in the geforce 6 series range and upwards will get you 80-100 fps. But remember dont go spending your money on a 7 series if you dont have a decent processor, lots of ram and a high wattage psu.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 365
Werd jelvis. I couldnt have put it better myself.

Mulholland98
Unregistered guest
I need some advice on whether I should (A) Buy a new computer, or (B) Upgrade my current one.

Current Machine:
2.70 GHz Celeron
512 Mb RAM
Intel 82845G 64 Mb RAM Video
80 Gb Hard Drive

I'm not a big gamer but would like that option. I mostly want to start editing digital video.
Also, if I Upgrade I figure I'll need to buy a DVD RW Drive as all I have is a CD RW. So, can I get a decent video card (Radeon 9???), a DVD-RW drive, and Firewire Port for under $200 or am I better off getting a new system.

Willub
Unregistered guest
Man the geForce 6800 128 OC from bfg kicks ***. I got it for 200 bucks. With css graphics maxed out it will play around 30-100 fps on my crappy comp.

1.8 GHZ P4 lol
The minimum 512 mb of ram needed
6800 Overcloocked 128mb

Between 30 and 100 fps is amazing for having the minimum ram. It does 55 fps in the stress test. Of course this is in 1280 by 1024 res.

Willub
Unregistered guest
My friend/ clan member in css runs a constant 255 fps! Beat that! Everything maxed.

Willub
Unregistered guest
And mulholland to try and answer ur question. The celeron cpu isnt the best for gaming but the speed is good. Just get 2 gigs or even 1gig of ram, slap a nice graphix card in ( Nvidia!) and u should be set. Those are the fundementals for gaming.

Willub... again
Unregistered guest
Hey i actually want an fps estimate now. What do u guys think i will get for fps on this comp im getting.

2 Intel 2.4ghz xeon processors.
Nvidia Geforce 6800 128mb OC From BFG.
2 gigs of ram.

Tose are the only details i know about it now but im getting it for xmas.

sam7
Unregistered guest
hi guys
i have this computer:
intel pentuim4 2.0gh
512 (((((RD-RAM))))) not DD-RAM
GF4 MX 440 64mb

and tommorow i will go to buy new pc actullay main parts only which are processor, motherboard,Rams power suplly, case & video card.
i saw those part with AMD techno
which are:
AMD PROCESSOR 3800+ 2X
1 giga kingstone of ram
motherbord upgradable for process 4800+
v-card 6600 GT 256mb
power supply 400w by 100$
and case by 30$

all those parts will cost me 1000$ and my budget is 1100$ only
and the seller told me that this pc will be faster and better than the last performance of intel ( I don't know if he saying the real because he is the seller :P ).

and I have questions:
1-Is the price good?
2-Is the v-card good choice? or I should take the diamond version of 6600?
3-you know the dual technology will sum the RAMs. for examble if i have 512mb pc400 + 512mb pc400 that will be 1024 mb with (((pc800))) because of the dual.
my question is : if I have (256mb pc400+ 256mb pc400+ 256mb pc400+ 256mb pc400) well it be 1024mb with ((pc1600)) or not?
4- is there a motherbord you advice me to choice it
?

could you tell me the percent of the difference of the old pc and this new pc?is it 100% or 200%?
because as you know the RD-RAM has pc800 and i worried if i took this new pc, i will not see the big difference :-(

thank you for reading

Bio
Unregistered guest
Hello guys, I have a bit of a problem here. For starters I would like to say that my knowledge on computer hardware in general is quiet limited. Now just a few days ago I bought Black and White 2, just to find that I couldn't play the game because my Card doesn't support 1.1 Pixel Shader. So now I'm looking for a new graphics card. I have read quiet a few posts here and it is my understanding, that the graphic crads is just on in many factor to be considered. Now I can play games like HL2 and CS:S easily on my pc, I didn't think it was that old because I bought it at the end of 2003.

These are the specifications of my PC, I have copied them from DXDIAG

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz
Memory:512MB RAM

Graphic Card:

Name:Nivida GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Chip Type:GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 64MB

Now I have received some money over Christmas, in guess it's going to be the Larges amount of cash I'll have in a while, so I would like to update my PC as best as possible. Now when i came here I was thinking of asking what a good graphics card would be. now if someone could kindly help me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Bio.
The geforce 4 doesnt support pixel or vertex shaders which actually surprises me.
You're ram and cpu is fine really, it never hurts to upgrade Ram, say buy another 512mb so you have a gig. Graphics card depends on how much money you got! I think choosing one isnt really a problem for me its how well it runs. I find my Asus 6600gt amazing but the noise of the fan irritates me since I listen to a lot of music on my pc and Im too lazy to go messing about with cooling solutions.
Maybe go for a geforce 6200 (with cinefx 3.0)or if your looking to spend under £100 then get a performance FX series which include anything from the 5700 up to the 5950 (with cinefx 2.0).

Bio
Unregistered guest
Thank you for your reply Jelvis, I am not exactly computer knowledgable so if I tell you my budget could you specifie a Graphics card or cards that will keep me on track for a while not just for the coming few month. I'm looking to spent up to 160 pounds, of course according to your feedback I'm willing to make adjustments to the sum. I hope to hear from you soon, I'll be checking back regulaly of course anyone else's help would be welcome.

Bio
Unregistered guest
Sorry for double posting, I have checked up on the geforce 6200 you have recommanded Jelvis, and came up with the following.

nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB video card DVI TV-Out AGP 8X, at 48.95 Pounds.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nVidia-GeForce-6200-256MB-video-card-DVI-TV-Out-AGP-8X_W0Q QitemZ8742441214QQcategoryZ67864QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And This One

NEW NVIDIA GeFORCE 6200 256MB AGP X8 GRAPHICS CARD BNIB, at 49. 99 Pounds

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-NVIDIA-GeFORCE-6200-256MB-AGP-X8-GRAPHICS-CARD-BNIB_W0 QQitemZ8745769176QQcategoryZ67864QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now for all I know those two Cards are Identical, if you could tell me if these are suitable cards for My PC, the specifications are a few posts above.

Bronze Member
Username: Zulkir

U.S.A.

Post Number: 27
gat a ati card less problems with them..all my friend got geforce cards thinking thay were goign to kick my videocards @ss and have had more problems with the one card then i have on my hole computer.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 375
Zulkir, Do some research bro. Don't listen to this guy anyone. Just because one person or a few has had problems, dosent mean the rest of the world has. Ati,and Nvidia are Killer companies. I can get a higher fps from my Nvidia card than I could from my Ati. Still both are good. Both work fine. If you have problems, try updating drivers, and checking to see if you have sufficient power going to the card, instead of being a noob, and ripping on companies when you obviously have no clue whatsoever what you are talking about. Also, some help in grammer might make you sound a bit more educated Zulkir. O and Jelvis. Once again, you have some good info. Listen to this guy everyone. We need more people like him in here. I seem to be afk more than ever with work, So hes takin over, almost pwning people. :-) Props man. Late all. Sorry I was Harsh Zulkir, I just cant stant when noobies open their mouths whithout doing a little research first. Blaming a company just because a few problems is bad. Maybe your buddies just didnt know what they were doing. Or maybe your mind is just so fogged you cant see that both are good card makers.

Nvidia continues to lead the game thought, Not really in speed matters, but technology. Nvidia has been pioneering new technology for awhile, and Ati seems to just be following behind, keeping their stuff simple, without radical changes like sli, or 2 slot comsuming cards. On the other hand, Its the same comparison btw Intel and Amd. Both take turns with their lead in technology. Thats how computers work. And always will. As long ast both companies are still around, you should expect some killer advances in technology by both of them, not just one or the other.

Idk why I replyed so long to such a short pointless post, I just Thot Id clear this "O ati sucks" or "O Nvidia sucks" crap up. Its pointless. Both are good. So dont rip on one or another. Its pointless. Keep open minded, or you will end up like one of thoe ignorant peoples that always b!tch about disliking Chevy, or Ford. If that comparison makes it easier. Night all. Hope all had a good newyear. Lets see what 06' has planned for us. Maybe a dual core Fx is in the works, and being tested rite now. But shhhh I didnt say say anything about :-)~

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
Hi Bio, hey Tim. Sorry I havnt been replying to posts, I've had exams lately.
Fistly about your cards Bio. I havnt looked into them in detail since both of the cards selling on ebay have passed their 'end' date. It's all about your personal preferences. Do you like the idea of having the 2 years warrantee. Can that card support hdtv because you plan to hook up a fancy new tv to it. I can say that 256mb memory cards are taking over from 128mb since games are utilising the memory more for draw distances and to make the game obviously more realistic; like you kill a army of men and as you move on the dead army of men is still there and not magically disappeared.
ATI and NVIDIA are both at the front of the race. To cut it short NVIDIA is better for directx games and ATI better for OpenGL.(I think thats the right way around).
But the 6200 u picked out are a VERY good value for money card-they're cheaper than I thought they would be on ebay.
Take a look at this though: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/inno3D-Nvidia-geforce-6500-256mb-PCI-E-DVI-T-Video-Card_W0 QQitemZ6839957924QQcategoryZ90710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
;)
Quad core is in development already Tim, along with the M2 AMD core and by 4 months when they cut the die size down amd raw clock speeds are going up by 25%!! Tasty. Got to say I think Intel are struggling now to think of some unique selling points for their products. They have the upper hand with l2 caches and people are fixated on the raw clocks speeds of 3.8ghz and with their versions of dual core making up 6.0ghz and more they take up a hell of a lot of psu power and for overclocking: infact without overclocking they're likely to burn a hole through you cpu case because of the heat they produce.
Anyway post back here Bio, again sorry for not replying. Note the link i gave is pci express not agp like the other cards. Its harder to track down cards with turbocache but to be honest I dont know how much of an extra performance boost it is. I think the technology is good but is dependant on factors of your other hardware.
Any other help, I'll be happy to assist :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
*Update post on the last one, just easier/clearer to understand*

Hi Bio, hey Tim. Sorry I havnt been replying to posts, I've had exams lately.
Fistly about your cards Bio. I havnt looked into them in detail since both of the cards selling on ebay have passed their 'end' date. It's all about your personal preferences. Do you like the idea of having the 2 years warrantee and feeling reasurred that your covered if the card unlikely has something wrong with it. Can that card support hdtv because you plan to hook up your fancy new tv to it. I can say that 256mb memory cards are taking over from 128mb since games are utilising the memory more for draw distances and to make the game obviously more realistic; like you kill a army of men and as you move onwards the dead army of men is still back where you killed them and not magically disappeared.
ATI and NVIDIA are both at the front of the race. To cut it short NVIDIA is better for directx games and ATI better for OpenGL.(I think thats the right way around).
But the 6200 u picked out are a VERY good value for money card-they're cheaper than I thought they would be on ebay but don't feature turbocache.
Take a look at this though: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/inno3D-Nvidia-geforce-6500-256mb-PCI-E-DVI-T-Video-Card_W0 QQitemZ6839957924QQcategoryZ90710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
;)
Quad core is in development already Tim, along with the M2 AMD core and by 4 months time when they cut the die size down of current processors, the amd raw clock speeds are going up by 25%!! Tasty. Got to say I think Intel are struggling now to think of some unique selling points for their products. They have the upper hand with level 2 and 3 caches and people are fixated on the raw clocks speeds of 3.8ghz and with their versions of dual core making up 6.0ghz and more. Big problem is they take up a hell of a lot of psu power and for overclocking: infact without overclocking they're likely to burn a hole through you cpu case because of the heat they produce. Intel don't officially have a 64bit processor just some cheap make shift extensions.

Anyway post back here Bio, again sorry for not replying. Note the link i gave is pci express not agp like the other cards. Its harder to track down cards with turbocache but to be honest I dont know how much of an extra performance boost it is. I think the technology is good but is dependant on factors of your other hardware like if your processor actually has the extra capability. I've heard from many that the performance boost is noticeable.
Any other help, I'll be happy to assist :D

Username: Pretzels

I have been graphic card hunting for about a month looking for a perfect card that will float mine, and my computer's boat. I jumped to conclusions by going with a Geforce 5200 on Amazon for (get this,) $110.00. I didn't do my research to find out that the card could easily be bought for 40 bucks. Not only that, but it didn't come. So, I canceled the card and went to BestBuy. I like Bestbuy, but the people who work there think they know what they are talking about when really, they don't know too much about computers. I bought a bought a fair card. GeForce 6200. I was dissapointed though to see that my new computer did not support AVG. Duhr! So, I am waiting to return the card for a Radeon 9250 that is built for PCI slots.

Moral - Do your research so that you don't end up wasteing about $32.64 bucks in the longrun.

One question though - Will the Radeon 9250 support the HDR lighting in Counter-Strike: Source, close to full blown graphics and (I have an LCD so...) high resolution with a gig of RAM and a 2.5 GHz processor? The whole reason I am getting a non-built-in video card is so I can play Source instead of that rechid 1.6. Thanks,
Pretzels

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Nice little story Evan lol!!
Shame aobut the 6200, did you mean AGP as opposed to AVG. The 9250 is a good choice but I dont think it does support hdr. I know the X800 and X850 does. NVIDIA has a lot more cards that support HDR. My 6600gt does on full graphics with counter strike source but it takes a while at the beginning of the game to load all the graphics codes before they run smoothly and thats with my amd 3500+ processor. This was when I tried the 'lost cost' map. Anything from the 6200 upwards supports hdr and obviously the 7 series supports hdr superably.
Your 2.5ghz processor Im guessing is an intel, if AMD then it will run great, if intel it will run fine.

Bio
Unregistered guest
Thanx Jelvis I have checked out the Card you linked me too, sadly as you said it's a PCI Card well as you know I'm on agp. So now I'm thinking about getting a new motherboard. Which supports PCI Express what do you think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
That would be a wise choice. PCI Express is well into effective use. To ease your mind sli IS NOT necessarily needed-however-getting a motherboard with 2 pci express slots is also a good idea since you can purchase relatively 'cheap' cards comapred to the tops ones. Say for example 2 6800gt would match and even beat 1 7800gt. Advantages of sli are more bandwith, less strain and heat output per card, smoother gaming and seeing as more games will be optimized for sli usage sli is the way to go. Obviously if you wanted 2 7800gtx then this is currently the best nvidia offer, but right now ATI had taken the lead with the RADEON X1900XTX, which is about 60% faster than the 7800gtx. When the 7900 range of nvidia cards come out then there'll be some competition :P
Anyhow, 2 pci express is a very good investement to consider but remember your processor is only 2.6ghz. Sticking with 6 series graphics cards is my recommendation. 2 6800gs would be good, and another 512mb or 1gb ram. Ram is cheap enough.
If you really wanted-sell off your processor, motherboard and current graphics card then buy the a new mobo, 1 card (then you can always upgrade in the future to sli), obviously some RAM and an AMD sempron 64bit processor which are selling for a VERY good price. I think a sempron 2800+ 64bit goes for about £55. This would be equivalent to a 2.8ghz intel but remember AMD are far far superior for running games.
Looking at the 6800GS or something that suits your wallet from the 6800 range would be good because then buying another for future would suffice, particularly an advantage with anti-aliasing. The latest games currently can be played on highest settings with ONE 7800gtx. Don't even consider quad sli, this is a stupid concept idea which is rediculous in my opinion.
One last thing, 256mb graphics ram, forget 128mb. My 6600gt is 128mb and unfortunately its ran out of steam for some of the latest games. FEAR it only just manages with a mix of low and medium settings to achieve a half decent frame rate that doesn't drop below 25fps. Averages about 40 and the gpu temperature has got to a scorching 93c!! :-( I'm going to get a 7200gt/gtx when its released, I so wish I had 2 pci express slots, but theres no way Im replacing my motherboard.
Take my advice :-)
Good luck

Red Fox
Unregistered guest
Hey Jelvis, Tim,
So I have read this entire thread and you and the others have been very helpful but...I just bought a new computer for $500
-P4 3.0 ghz
-1024mb DDR ram
-200gb hd
the problem is NO PCI-e (only PCI-e x1 which is useless)or AGP. Do you think I should return it before the 30 days are up to get a PC with PCI-e x16 or should I get the ATi Radeon 9250 256mb (PCI) card now and wait for a better faster 64-bit machine a year from now? All I want to do is be able to play CS:S with my friends; which I already downloaded from Steam before realizing I have an integrated video card (worst idea ever!) with amazing slideshow technology :-) Thank you in advance for your opinion. Also I am on a limited budget as I am buying a new car next month so I only have about another $150 to put towards a different computer or video card.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
In your case fox, I'd say keep the mobo especially since your on a tight budget. If your upgrading in a years time, prices will be low for everything we think is amazing now including dual core AMDs, ddr1 ram since ddr2 will likely be mainstream by then and graphics cards will be grabable for nothing. I'd say wait, see what technology comes out in a year and get an sli mobo. 9250 pci? It's a great pci card but I'd say go for an AGP if you have the slot and a higher model. The 9250 doesn't support dx9 and css uses dx9. Try the 9600pro.

Red Fox
Unregistered guest
Thank you oh wise one. I will wait and see.

Unregistered guest
hi!
CAN anyone tell me a good high-end grafix card within RS 4500 ($90).I would prefer nvidia series which would run smoothly most games like far cry,call of duty , nfs ug2 etc
MY SYSTEM CONFIG:
P4 proccessor 2.80Mhz
ASrock motherboard
512 MB ram (will upgrade to 1024 mb ram)
Windows xp?98se
current grafix card is nvidia geforce fx 5200.
PLEASE HELP!

Unregistered guest
Hey!
what about an BFG geforce 6800 ultra?I think it is better than the fx series

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Amlan. The BFG geforce 6800 ultra is better than most 6800 ultras let alone being far superior to anything from the FX series cards. Good to see your doubling your ram, it'll definately make games run smoother.
The 6800 ultra will play all the games you mentioned and all games smoothly, but some not on highest. e.g. Fear but it will play this game superbly. NFS UG2, your current card can manage that! The 6800 will be laughing if you play that game. Be careful what you pay for the card though..ive noticed that some ultras and gt from the 6800 range are more expensive than the 7800gts!!

Unregistered guest
hi Jelvis!Thank u for ur suggestion.but what u said was correct.the geforce bfg 6800 ultra is rs 9500(($190))! Actually the bfg i saw was biddable at ebay its current bidding was rs 2500 (($50))so i thought to bit on it for rs 4500(($90)) but unfortunately someone has already has bid on it for $190.SO i don't think i can put up with the BFG geforce 6800 ultra.can u tell me any other card WITHIN $90?Anyway thank for ur suggestion again .waiting for ur reply.

Anonymous

hey guys!I have an geforce fx 5950 ultra .Will it support cs:s,doom 3 and hl2?

Anonymous

hey!why is'nt anyone responding?

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Sorry for not replying guys. Anything from BFG is expensive, since they have their life time warrantly and usually their cards are factory overclocked. To be honest, it's hard to choose a card manufacture these days since theres so many. Inno3d, Leadtech, Gainward, Asus, XFX, Aopen, MSI I could go on and on, but the best thing I can advise is to look at reviews and decide - is there anything specific that you want? Do you want it to be overclocked. Do you want a gddr3 memory and how much of it? What rough clock speeds are you after. Do you want a fanless heatsink design? Or an SLI bridge? $90 is about £55, since I live in England. But usually in America, the same products can be bought for a lot cheaper. I bought a watch from America for $45 which is about £30. That same watch would have cost me around £80 in the UK!
I feel like I cant give much more general information on graphics cards to people since I've told you all that I can.
Google searches 'buy graphics cards' 'Geforce 6800GT reviews' will bring up hours and days worth of reading. The best thing to do is not get so fixated between choosing and try to keep things simple. Then when it comes to making a decision, go eeny meany miney mo and just simply pick one.
Perhaps ebay is the best place since I cant seem to find many American websites for graphics cards! There are endless websites for graphics cards in the UK.

About the fx 5950. Yes, it will play cs:s, will play half life 2 both with good framerates and Im not a fan of doom 3 but its graphics engine is less intense than hl2, I think it will play it very well too. Actually playing it, will be a breeze!! It a good card. In future anyone who thinks about posting on here should really look on google or yahoo for themselves. You'll find just as good answers, plenty of reviews and forum discusions. I try to refrain from doing these kind of searches now because I'm totally sick of hearing people simply mention what specs they have to 'show off' to others. The thing is, no one cares!
Hope this helps

Unregistered guest
thank u jelvis!U have put me into a real confusion.but the thing u said about caring is totally wrong in my case.I have sticked that i shall update my graphics card,according to ur choice i.e i know a very little about what u hav written above and thus totally confused.I just want a good grafix card than would play the modern games well and would make me tension-free for some years,thats all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Ok Amlan. If you want tension free for some years- buy a geforce 7800gt/gtx. It's pricy but will definately play all the latest games on highest settings, with complete ease. It will last a couple years I'd say. Theres now news of DUAL CORE GRAPHICS CARDS! Yes, its true. G80 core in devlopement, with GDDR4 memory, direct x10 support and blazing clock speeds. This will put the 7 series cards prices down, but to make things simple, the 7 series cards for now will last.
Since your budget is low, go for a geforce 6800gt-a popular, superb card. It will play the latest games, not all on higest settings, but well, and will last I'd guess about a year before you need to upgrade.
Alternatively if you wanted to go with ATI Radeon, X800Pro if you can find cheaper prices than the 6800gt, but the 6800gt is a better card.
X850? Again, very good if you can find good prices. If your posessed to save for a 7 series from nvidia, you may also want to consider something like from the X1600/X1800 range of ATI cards.
All your choice
Hope this is more the answer you was looking for.

amlan
Unregistered guest
Hey jelvis! my parents gonna kill me if i ask them for such costly cards like gf 6600 gt or those ati x1600 etc.I want a simple card for now
will it be good choice if i go for gf fx 5950 ultra or xfx 6200 ? I am sorry for the trouble.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Its np. Both those are good cards. If you buy a 6200 with turbocache then the card will use your ram as a memory buffer so effectively you could have 256mb card when the card itself only has 128mb. Obviously the more ram you have then the better, so 1gb, 1.5gb would be ideal here, aswell as the memory needed to utilize games.
I upraded from 768mb of ram to 1.8gb of ram and the difference is definately noticable. For games, the difference is HUGE. Battlefield 2 I find uses 850mb sometimes (on highest settings).

amlan
Unregistered guest
THANKS A LOT jelvis! I shall then go up for a xfx 6200 instead of fx 5950 ultra.really ! thanks a lot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
6 series card are an advantage because they support shader model 3.0 and dirextx 9, unlike the FX series. It's up to you whether you go with turbocache. In general the 6200 is better performing unless you get a higher specification Turbocache card-if you go with TC then make sure it supports 256mb memory and is 64bit.
I noticed this one from XFX
http://www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurationDetails.jspa?productConfigu rationId=19637
The specs even confuse me, but the memory interface and bus is whats important. It will make a big difference, it also supports 256mb of memory.
Check the prices between normal 6200 and the TC version on the link. Choose whats best for your budget.
A competitor is the Radeon X600 Pro.
All the best

Username: Piotr321

ati is coming out with a "sli" in a way type of dual graphic cards....its called "ati crossfire" it requires a special ati crossifre motherboard plus 2 compatible ati graphic cards

Username: Piotr321

I have a pentium 4 1.5ghz prossecer with 512 ram with a radeon 9250

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Piortr. Crossfire is already out, but sli or crossfire isn't the only way for performance increase. Dual core gpus when they come out will be a good option-when they do come out 7 series cards will come down in price and I'll be upgrading.
Not all graphics cards require a that 'compatibility' you mentioned. Most cards do need to have the crossfire functionality, but the X1300 and X1600 series cards do not and they dont require any special cables, simply 'plug and play'.
Nice to know you have a computer btw.

amlan
Unregistered guest
jelvis!thanks.the link u gave me was a bit helpful AND NOW I AM MORE confused.Check this out (from this site only):
http://hardwaresecrets.com/article/132
it gives the description of all the grafix card from nvidia series and according to this fx 5950 is a bit better than the xfx 6200.THATS THE MAIN POINT TO GET CONFUSED.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
Yes, the 5950 is a faster card, with more bandwith, BUT it doesn't support shader model 3.0 which more games are using and cuts down on the card needing to work harder to achieve desirable graphics. It is by far a superior card in terms of clock speeds and raw performance, but have you checked the price? This is an ultra, for gaming enthusiasts who WERE looking for very specific specs, and the 5950 that isn't the ultra is basically an ultra without being a pci express card.
You make think that because from what you've read that this card from the FX series (essentially the 5 series) is superior to the 6 series but this is currently, basically backstock. In my opinion a rip off, not to mention not many places selling it anymore.
I think you would become confused if you went ahead with choosing a card from the 6200 range. Maybe a standard 6600 would be ideal or Im willing to bet a 256bit 6800 can be grabbed for cheap.
A 256bit card is always better but usually the price shows.
Looks like you need me to make a decision for you.
What's your budget in £? What slots do you have on your motherboard?

amlan
Unregistered guest
hey jelvis!My bubget in $ is $90.My config:
P4 2.80 asrock P4145GV motherboard (845)
2 pci express.1 8x agi slot.
52x CD_RW
16x DVD
windows xp/98
dx 9.0
1 gb ram
I am really really really confused.

(can u say me why my pc does'nt support far cry ?
with fx 5200 ? )

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
2 pci express slots?
You sure they're not pciX slots, dont get confused pcix and pci express are 2 completely different things. In order of performance, PCI/ PCIX, AGP then PCI express.
Check to make sure, best place to check would be your motherboard manual.
For Farcry, 2.8ghz is good, your ram is good but the geforce fx5200 is ONLY DIRECT X9. There is direct X9b and 9C, with many variations.
You need a card that supports the latest direct x if you're to play all current games. All 6 series cards support this.
Maybe you'll take to this:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=AA38840&CartID=done&nextloc=
It's the lowest end 6600 card but for the price, its very good. 256mb of memory so you'll be able to set draw distances to high/highest. Good bang for the buck.
It is however a PCI Express card-you need to check up on this like i said.
p.s. check the p&p for that card

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
Just found this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130253&ATT=14-130-253&CM P=OTC-C173T

Read all the reviews. Then press by the buy button. Install it and enjoy!

amlan
Unregistered guest
ok jelvis. I have copyed it from the manual:-(NOTHING LEFT!EXACT WORDS):
PLATFORM: micro atx form factor :9.6-in,24.4cm x 20.8cm
CPU : socket 845 supports intel p4/celeron
CHIPSETS : intel 845GV chipsets , fsb @533/400Mhz
VGA : intel extreme graphics ,max 64MB VRAM
MEMORY:2 DDR DIMM slots,ddr1 ddr2 supports pc2700(DDR333)/pc2100(DDR266),MAx.2gb etc etc.....
{UNIMPORTANT THINGS}
pci slots :3 slots with PCI specifition 2.2
agi slot: 1 AGI 8x slot
amr slot:.......................................
does this help u?
or check this:
http://www.asrock.com
for agi support list:
http://www.asrock.com/support/index.htm
motherboard name:p4i45GV 5.0

if u think that its gonna support the cards u said,it would be good.if u say that this mother bord is not going to support the cards , then i am ready to change it because its warranty period is active and that of my grafix card also.
give me a good news.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
I think AGI is a bit like onboard, where the card is in the AGI slot but uses system memory, but tbh, I've never heard of AGI. Basically, it gives you choice over which particular card you want, however all the cards on that link aren't what your looking for and are becoming outdated, except for the 6800.
If your warranty allows you to return the motherboard then that may be a good idea, and will ASRock replace it for you?
You will want a motherboard with one or two PCI EXPRESS slots if you want to get the card from the link i sent then maybe upgrade to sli in future, since for you this seems like the best idea.
Soundslike your motherboard is an old one? And I take it that your 5200 graphics card is currently in the AGI slot.
AMR is something that never really got going. Its a slot patented by Intel which is desigine to fit AMR soundcards, cheaper ones that improve upon onboard. Its died out.
I think the trouble here is also your CPU. Its a socket 845? This confuses me since I thought this was the chipset, which it may be and the cpu would be socket 478.
Download everest from this link. http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=3&lang=en
It will tell you everything about your pc. When its installed go to motherboard, cpu, then cpu alis. Tell me what it says. Note all info on everest wont be available because its the ultimate edtion. I have the home edition which they've stopped doing now.
You do have some pci slots but no vendors make cards above 5700 i dont think that are pci. Looks like you need a new motherboard :S

**************EDIT***********.
AGI=Asrock graphics interface. We have a computer that uses something very simliar but on an Asus motherboard.
I've looked at the spec and the manual for your motherboard. The AGI slot accepts only certain AGP 4X and 8X cards. Nothing higher than the 5900, so therfore no pixel shader 3.0, directX9c etc.
So yes, you do need a new motherboard to get a far more impressive card.

Luke13
Unregistered guest
Hey, im buying a new commputer and im wondering what graphics card i should get for it.
i play some battlefield 2 and other first person shooting games. whats ur opinions?

Luke13
Unregistered guest
the computer im getting has :
AMD athlon 64 processor
1GB of ram
200gb Hard Drive
etc..
so what kind of card do uthink i should get?

amlan
Unregistered guest
I am lucky to get a friend like u.and about the motherboard, yes i can exchange it not from asrock but from my computer dealer.do u know something,earlier i had an intel 845gv mother without any agp slot and had 4x pci slot.3 yrs later when i wanted to get a video card, i had to change it for a new mb (asrock) (bought it this year only) and got the fx 5200 card .
i did not know much about grafix card or otherwise i would have brought a good mb and a grafix card.so, as the mb is new,it will get exchanged by giving some xtra money.and about the xfx 6200 tc , it is given as a low en grafix card.is it true?if fx 5950 would have supported dx 9.0c, then there would have been no reason to get xfx 6200 tc.anyway,can u suggest me a go motherboard?
the link u gave me about that everes does not gets downleaded.

amlan
Unregistered guest
oh I am sorry for so many spelling mistakes!i was in a rush.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
k, no worries, if you wanted the best utitlity to tell you everything about your computer then everest is the one. Maybe you can get that later on if you really wanted.
Yes, the 6200 is a low end card, but a higher low end. Mine was a high midrange card but its becoming more like a low end midrange range card.
Stay away from anything from the FX series. If the 5950 did support dx9c then it would have been a good card but thats not how marketing works. Besides the card is way to expensive anyway.
I can advise many different motherboards. ASUS is probably the best. You can look at Abit and Gigabyte too. Later on when I have some more time I shall look about for specific motherboards but for yourself look for 1 or 2 pci express slots. Do you want good onboard sound or will you be using a separate sound card?
Do you have any specific needs or size. Remember that your case has to fit the motherboard and currently yours is micro ATX.
So, think what you want on the motherboard and look around for yourself. Search for reviews if necessary. What is your budget for this motherboard? And will your budget for the graphics card stay the same.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Luke13.
Your computer doesnt sound that cheap, so I take it you can afford a fairly decent card. Whats your budget, then maybe I can suggest a card to you.

amlan
Unregistered guest
hi jelvis!u are really great.my budget for grafix card and mb total is $200 maximum.i want a onboard sound.I am calling over my pc mechanic and going to discuss what u said.will talk to u after that.THANKS A LOT!

amlan
Unregistered guest
just found!
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D8763748818
were u telling about this ?this is of course in my budget.the fx 5950 also costs the same.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
I'll have a look about for you. The link to ebay doesn't work. As I said, stay clear of the fx 5950.
I'll need to know what processor you have and power supply. Check in control panel then system to see what processor you have. Also can you check what socket it is for sure. I want to know how many watts your psu is aswell. This will let me find a suitable motherboard.

amlan
Unregistered guest
and how to do those!to my shame , i dont to to check these out (power supply and proccessor).ps tell me how to do it.

amlan
Unregistered guest
jelvis, i was going through another link and found from the game comparision table that xfx 6200 tc is no so good .in the top position are the nvidia 6600gt and the radeon x1300 pro.
after them are the nvidia 6200 an then......
in the 7th is the xfx 6200 tc.and what do u say for a intel 915 gv motherboard.actually, what does dual series mean?

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
Buying the 6200 is conditional. Buying a suitable card is a tough thing sometimes and right now we're going round in circles. You have to consider what cards were in that game comparison table, if the 6600gt was the highest card there then obviously its going to win. But its unfair to judge the the 6200 as a bad card. It might have been the worst one in the comparision but think, what if a 5500 and your 5200 were in the test. The 6200 would win hands down. Remember also the difference in 6200 and 6200 TC. If youre going to get a 6200, for the sake of simplicity and assured performance just get the none TC version. Also, do you know the specs of that XFX 6200 TC! Theres many different versions as I previously already said in another post.
Dual series? Right. Dual core means two of something. Currently there are dual core processors-two processors on one motherboard. This is an example and obviously you have one processor like most of us and you'll be keeping it.
There is SLI which means you fit two graphics cards on your motherboard-here you need 2 pci express slots.
Dual core graphics cards are coming out in a few months. This means on one card there are 2 chips instead of one. So say if you got 2 dual core graphics cards you would effectively have four graphics card. And no, noone needs 4 graphics cards.
I will choose a motherboard and graphics card for you but as I said I need to know exactly what processor you have. This is because processors have different pins underneath them and need to fit onto a compatable motherboard.
Click start, settings, control panel, then system. The window that opens should tell you some basic specs about your computer including your processor. Tell me what the processor is then I can find out what pin it is then choose a suitable motherboard.
If you open up the box of your computer and look at the power supply unit (with the computer unplugged and turned off) then there should be a label on it telling you how many watts the PSU is. I need to know this to make sure your power supply is enough to run certain graphics cards.
Think logically and openly
Thanks

amlan
Unregistered guest
thank u jelvis.i shall tell u about my proccessor and the power withen a little time.
in one of the articles , u have written that when the dual series comes out,the price of 7 series would go down and u would upgrade ur grafix card.when is it going to come out?will it be before march or after march because i am gonna upgrade my grafix after my exams only which is in march.so,shall i wait till the price goes down so that i can save a bit of money and directly buy a 6600 gt instead of 6200 tc?all urs desicion for u are my guide.secondly, i am a great fan of call of duty.without grafix card, when i played it,the lining of objects and people was not ay all smooth the were crooked lines.fx 5200 did not solve the problem.will this 6 series solve this problem?

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
There is no date yet. There are debates at NVIDIA whether or not to go ahead with dual core gpu-they change their minds so quickly all the time. I do know that a 7900 is coming out v likely next month along with the 7600 and 2 variations being a GT and GS. Come July, the 7200 and 7600 will actually have a 'makeover' where finer fabrication will be used. This is when directx 10, gddr4 memory and shader model 4 will be introduced. All 6 series cards will be out of date by then.
So yes, I will be upgrading to a 7 series of some kind, whether it be with directx 10 or not, or with dual core or not. Means I'll have to get a new psu too :-(
Basically, the computer market is milking its potential customers with so many different processors, memory types and graphics cards we're all going to be poor!!
AMD has some treats set out too, with refabricating all single and dual core processors. The idea is to increase cache size, support for ddr667 speed memory, increased raw clock speed and a bunch of other stuff. The legendary FX series 64 bit processors are also continueing with an FX-62 scheduled for release in two months.
Just thought I'd update with some cool stuff coming out.
You're going to need to be rich in this world to afford all the latest tech stuff, i sure hope i win the lottery!
So ultimately, no, dual core gpus wont be out before march. As I've told you I have a 6600gt and with anti-aliasing on full (makes jagged edges smooth), it runs superbly on all games I've played except for FEAR. FEAR is a little too advanced but dont get me wrong the 6600gt does play it. I'm looking at the game 'elder schrolls oblivion' which sould be out soon and the recommended card for that is a 6800, pretty much the same as my 6600 since mine is the GT version. Quake wars, stalker and prey all look like great games which will need a good midrange card to play except for stalker. But the term midrange is a little blurred these days. Carmegeddon 4 also sounds fun!!
Maybe what you could do is wait till after March, save up really hard and see what computers companies are 'giving away'. Maybe you could buy a whole new computer from a company that will build it for you. Prices will be a lot cheaper then and you'll be able to get a good 64 bit AMD processor for extremely cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
I found this website which tests your system to whether or not it will play certain games. Check it out.
http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

amlan
Unregistered guest
u are right jelvis!they are going to make us poor.about upgrading my pc ,that can be done only after one year or so (I DONT HAVE PERMISSION).i wish those companies would stop making newer and newer products.i am sure after grafix cards supporting dx 10 would be released,
gaming companies would switch their games to dx 10 and if its ur favourite game and ur budget is low,u are gone.now,i have to manage with a 6200 tc or a 6600gt.problem is 6600gt is double my budget.ok, for 6200 tc ,will it corect my problem with zikzak gaming? when i upgrade my pc, i shall get a 7 series card.I wish i were a millionare.do u know something i tested farcry in linku gave me and i was pass!how come?best o luck get a good card !ha ha!lucky enough to afford the 7 series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
Games will be made to take advantage of dirextx 10 so your always going to have to look into the future.
If the 6600gt is double your budget your best off getting a 6200.
Final advise to you:
Find out what processor and socket it is and find out your psu wattage (check graphics cards specs before you buy to see what psu wattage they recomend-if your 350+ watts then no need to worry.)
Then find a motherboard with a pci express slot and good onboard sound such as the nforce 4 with nvidia mixer onboard sound. Check out the 6200 or 6200TC and also the geforce 6500 pci express. If you cant afford a motherboard with pci express and it just has AGP 8x then you'll only be able to go with the 6200. Yes, on game options theres always an anti-aliasing option of some kind, so turn it on either 2x or 4x and you'll notice superior gameplay.
Good luck Amlan.

amlan
Unregistered guest
Oh Jeivis!I can upgrade my pc cause i got permission.but what should i upgrade?my father says that all our components are new.but if u say ,i can upgrade my motherboard,grafix card,ram
and my cd an dvd devices.my proccessor has a good power 2.80 Ghz.all the games are now in 1.5 Ghz and what else shall i upgrade ?all depends on u.Hey !something funny.that srtest told that i cannot play cod uo but i hav played it very well.I will try to go for a 6600gt .

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Srtest is only a guide.
2.8ghz is adequate.
What ram you get depends on what motherboard, usual now is ddr400. As I said ddr2 will become more popular in about half a year.
So, I take it you have a new budget?
CD/DVD if they work then why upgrade? I'd wait till blueray discs come out then buy a new optical drive then.
The 6600gt will not dissapoint you, it pleases me. As I keep asking amlan WHAT IS THE NAME/MODEL/SOCKET OF YOUR PROCESSOR AND WHAT WATTAGE IS YOUR POWER SUPPLY???
I can't suggest a motherboard unless I know this.
Asus or Abit will likely be the end result in a new mobo though.
Also, you said 1.5ghz is about normal for most games..maybe normal minimum not normal recommended. You'll find 2.8ghz and upwards to be normal recommended.

amlan
Unregistered guest
hi jelvis !sory for not tell u about the proccessor and the power.i did as u said said and got this:
Intel® pentium®4 CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz
nothing else was written there.(I was in the general tab).And what do u mean by opening my computer box i.e what do u refer to as the computer box? is there one 6200 with the tc formula.is there tc technology in any other card higher than 6200?

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Ahh, I was hoping it would say Intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz 520 for example. I just made the 520 up but the model number of your processor would allow me to find the socket of the processor.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml
Download that, then when its installed open it up, click on cpu and tell me what it says next to cpu alis.
When i said go into your computer box..i mean as in the tower, your case with all the components in. You know what a psu is right?
There are more than one 6200 with TC technology. There are different variations with 32/64/128 bit memory bus and different variations can support differnt memory amounts. Basically you want to get the one on the link I gave a few posts back.
The 7300go for laptops also has TC technology but thats it. The 6200TC id say is aimed at people like you, on a budget but want as much performance as possible.

amlan
Unregistered guest
i tried to download that everest home edition
but it takes a lot of time to get downloaded(minimum hafanhour) and i have my exams tomorrow.so,i will try to download the everest later.

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
I take it you have dial up then? Well good luck with your exams :D

amlan
Unregistered guest
oh thanks!do u like chemestry anyway.I cant understand a bit of it but still ,luckily i get really good marks.u did not say me that will 6200tc solve the zikzak gaming.i dont understand
that old games which don't require grafix card also have zikzak linings exp project IGI,Postal 2 etc etc.why?

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
Older games don't have advanced features and technology implemented into the game code so won't support features to filter the screen image. Always check in game options thought if theres options for fssa or ant-aliasing and adjust accordingly enough so it doesnt affect performance greatly.
I HATE chemistry. How old are you anyway. Im 17, at 6th form and im glad to get away from chemistry, although I managed to get dual award AA in science for gcse. I hope you manage well in the exam/s anyway.

amlan
Unregistered guest
oh yes!i too dont like chemestry.for exams,i am a 90% student.well, my age is 13haf years.(going to be 14 in june30).thanks for the information anyway.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
It's no problem, if you make any decisions, tell me what you go ahead with!

amlan
Unregistered guest
oh!I i go for anything ,first i shall tell u cause u hav helped me so much!Last thing i wanted to know,what is the meaning of "overlocked
in grafix cards .U DID NOT SAY WILL 6200 TC solve the zikzak PROBLEM?for now , i will get a 6200TC but i am collecting so that by the time,6600gt comes down i would afford it.that
my planing.together i shall exchange my 16X DVD
drive for a 52X DVD-RW and my 52X CD-RW for a combo 52X CR-RW and 52X DVD.

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
Yes the 6200 will solve 'zigzag' problems. When you enable ant-aliasing options on a game, performance wont be sacrificed to much in terms of framerate.
Overclock in terms of anything with a computer, means to alter the original clock speeds so they are higher than what they were when you bought it. This is to increase performance. Some components overclock better than others but overclocking isnt advisable to those who dont knwo what they're doing and I wouldnt advise it to you. It also voids warranty on products if they break.
I did a bit of overclocking the other day.
My graphics core speed is 500>got that to 550 and memory speed to 1080 from 1000. My ram speed is 400mhz and managed to get that to 450 before it crashed. My processor speed uses this feature on my motherboard called ainos which automatically increases the clock speed by 10% when under heavy load. So from 2.2ghz(3500+) it goes to just over 2.4ghz(3800+).
I've set all my clock speeds back to normal apart from my processor though because I dont want to damage anything. I was just testing to see what i could overclock to.

amlan
Unregistered guest
ok, but the games which do not have anti-aliasing ,what about them?will be be clear and smooth?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
They should run a lot better and definatley smooth. Depends obviously how old a game is. I dont know if certain games have features to adjust image filtering. Computers are set to control aliasing by application, so basically different applications will automatically configure how intensely anti-aliasing is used.
Using nvidia display for example, you can manually adjust aliasing so that for all applications there is a 2x/4x etc amount of aliasing. I'd leave it how it is though and try to adjust in game settings.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
You should try with your geforce 5200 to turning on and off game video quality features to see if it makes a difference in postal 2. Experiment with settings.

amlan
Unregistered guest
Last question(expecting it to be).Actually,
what does the bit mean exp XFX geforce 6200TC "64BIT" and how does it help the video card ? What will be the difference if u hav 128 bit or 256 bit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
Its a large topic. Basically though, the higher the bit the better. A larger Bit means that more data can be send through the same bus than a lower bit. This is true for processors too-hence the move from 32bit to 64bit. Data bus width on a 64bit processor is by far faster.
With a graphics card theres the core and memory bus speeds to consider. A 256bit card will be able to address data more than twice as quickly in say 5 seconds than a 128bit will be able to address the same amount of data. Higher clock speeds can make up for this loss but a higher bit width allows for pipelines and fill rate..pretty much all specifications to increase because of the capability.
You want the highest bit 6200 you can find that fits with your price. STAY AWAY from the 32bit version.
http://www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurationDetails.jspa?productConfigu rationId=19637
What can become comfusing is the memory bus and memory interface. Honestly speaking, I dont know what the difference in all the specifications is. Like I said the TC is a tricky one to go for. Remember also that its a pci express card.
Check this out:
http://techreport.com/etc/comparo/graphics/
The normal 6200 is better over some of the 6200TC.

ryan aka shotta
Unregistered guest
hi, i have an e-machines 220 and i know its crap yeah but i upgraded the ram to 640 and now i need a good graphics card since my games run crap. ive got about 150 quid to spend on one, my computers only got an intel celeron processor and is 2.5gh will a good graphics card improve my games a lot?i need to know since i cant afford another computer at the moment. if you could tell me which is the best to buy that would be great thanks. i need a pci gfx card :-)

ryan aka shotta
Unregistered guest
the best gfx card i can find for cgi is at the bottom of this page, can you tell me if theres any better? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/FX_Series.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
Ryan.
Any card from the FX series will be an improvement over integrated graphics. If you READ the post-as in the rest of whats on this page then you'll find that I have already said the best pci card is the 5700 for the price from nvidia. You can also look at the radeon 9250 pci 256mb from ati.

Unregistered guest
u are right!in some ways 6200 is better than 6200TC.somewhere i saw that it was written that the games nowdays are not meant for PCI slots,they run better in a AGP card.an the 6200TC is a PCI card whereas the 6200 is an agp card and is a bit better than the tc .so, what should I go for?this thing is eating off my head.
well, if also i go for a 6200TC,the "BIT" thing or whatever is not written on the cardboard box along with some other information.How do i know then what is its memory interface etc?

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
Games wont play that well in pci slots. The 6200 is a pci EXPRESS card. PCIEXPRESS is by far better than AGP. Stay away from pci, if you have agp then its fairly good but its dieing and pci express is becoming norm.
You'll need to get that new motherboard of some kind Amlan to get the 6200. If you dont you'll have to stick with your 5200.

Unregistered guest
Oh yes! I will get a new motherboard as soon as my annual exams are over.now, what is the difference between PCI AND PCIEXPRESS?well, if also i go for a 6200TC,the "BIT" thing or whatever is not written on the cardboard box along with some other information.How do i know then what is its memory interface etc etc?I have GTA san andreas.It plays well in this card.when i play it in 600*800 resolution it looks rubbish but plays fine but when i take it to a higher resolution exp-1024*768, it looks fine but plays as if it requires 512MB ram while my PC has 128mb ram.do u have any solutions?

amlan
Unregistered guest
one more thing.gta sa has antialiasing.so it has 3 options off,1,2,3 what will happen if i keep it off and what will happen if i make it 3?

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
I had gta san andreas and i could put settings to full, medium anti-aliasing i found to be the best and draw distance was set to around half.
Differnce with pci and pciexpress is pcie can transmit data a lot faster to and forth the card. It also works faster in connection with the fsb. Check google for detailed answers mate.
I thought you already had 512mb ram. O well u need to upgrade to that or 1gb ram. Maybe get dual channel kit 1gb (2x512mb).
Check the manual in the box if your buying from a store. If on the internet, check the model no and search about google. It should say it though, if not then be careful, there might be a reason why they dont say..probably a crappy TC version.
I wont be replying to you for a week now because im off on a geography trip tomorrow morning.
Good luck dude

amlan
Unregistered guest
happy journey!probably u dont understand, I said previously that I have 1GB ram .The minimum requirements for GTA SA is 256 MB ram.when I play it in 600*800 resolution, it works great but
when I play it in 1024*768 resolution,IT WORKS AS IF I DONT HAVE 1GB RAM BUT HAVE 128 MB RAM(CJ
runs one meter in one minuite)

Amlan
Unregistered guest
...I solved the gta sa problem by changing the color bit from 32 to 16.one more prob.when I insert my Call of duty 2 DVD into my DVD-ROM,it takes a lot of time to be read and when it finally gets read, it either crashes my pc or shows "drive H:/ is not a FAT32 application" where as when i insert my GTA SA DVD, it works great.do u hav any solutions? how was ur trip anyway?

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
YO!! Back from trip. It was wet, cold, windy and im knackered. Some of it was ok, good scenery and good experience and great mates-the youth hostel accomidation sucked.
Anyway, back to home sweet computer :P
Glad san andreas works good for you. I'm not sure why the other game crashes, maybe you could check before you insert your disc or right this second as your reading this to see what your drives are called. Is your DVD drive still H? Or is that your hard drive letter.
I dont understand why it would to that tbh, but if it happenened to me then I'd clear all caches, clear as much space up as possible, do malware scans and dis defrag.
Might be your 5200 isnt that great for the game and it simply doesnt like it.
Ive been messing around with my mates psp. I like!! Might consider getting one now, but buying a guitar comes first!

Amlan
Unregistered guest
hi Jelvis!good to hear back from u.Call of duty 2 is supported with fx 5200 cause I hav played it earlier in my pc and it worked great.I hav more disc space than last time i installed cod2.I defrag my pc every alternative day.my DVD roms letter is H.nothing has changed from last time i installed cod2 except I hav reinstalled windows XP cause i had a virus in the previous one which failed my PC to boot.while u were absent,I was checking other forums and found that if i change my DVD's transfer rate to "PIO only", cod2 may work but it was no use for me. It also stopped GTA SA from getting read.So, do u hav any possible solutions?are u a perfect gutiar player or u are going to learn, cause i too am a learning violinist.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
I really dont know what to do on this one.
http://kadaitcha.cx/ntfs.html
http://www.winxpcentral.com/basics/fat32.php

Maybe they could give you some information to the error message. I've never had that problem before, but if I did I'd read up everywhere possible and look for ways that have proven to resolve the problem.
I'm going to learn to play the guitar, my aim is to get to grade 5 after 2 years-complete grade 3 after 1 year. Figured its better to learn now than later, but I wish i'd started when i was younger. Violins are cool theres a song I really like by Bill Withers called 'ain't no sunshine' with violins in-maybe you could try learning that :P

amlan
Unregistered guest
there is no use wasteing my time and money for searching for a solution cause i hav my annual exams on 1st of march although I tried the links u gav me.i will buy a cd version for cod2.u said that u had gta sa can u say me how to cross the stage given by BS to follow a train from unity station and kill the vagos gang members .its really tuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
I cant remember every mission on the game or who BS was. I do remember following a train though, is that after you've gone to where they all are next to the train and u have to kill them..part of a series of missions where u have to load/unload the train with something (that might be after the mission you mentioned).
If your exams are on 1st march, dont play sa, revise!!
If i think your on about the mission i remember, get a bike and shoot and ride at the same time.

amlan
Unregistered guest
yes I am revising for exams all the time and playing only 1 hr.u are right the mission is get a bike,follow the train,kill the vagos gang members standing on the traing.u just hav to drive and BS (big smoke) will do the shooting.I keep up with the train but still they get away to the other town which is not yet unlocked and the mission fails.

Amlan
Unregistered guest
I was saying about this website informing that AGP cards are better than PCI-E cards.really confusing.
http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q2/hypermemory-turbocache/index.x?pg=1

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
Future games, when they're out and take further advantage of the bandwith of pcie then my 6600gt will still be sufficient. When windows vista comes out, pcie will be very helpful.
PCIe also allows for a slight increase in clock speeds and therefore memory bandwith over agp. Its just argueing about how pcie aren't being used to their full extent which is true. But its all for thinking of the future. I wont be upgrading my card for at least another year, I've decided because i cant afford it and i have better things to spend my money on.

Amlan
Unregistered guest
hi jelvis.lot of questions.isint 6200tc available in 128MB onboard memory? isint it available in or above 64 bit?if 6200TC supports shader model 3.0 and after shader model 4.0 is released, I install DX 10.will the games's grafix improve and will the grafix card use the DX10 without harming the card.does it need to install the windows software again one u insert a new card (it was done when i got my fx5200) and if not, how shall we know that the new grafix card is active and working properly?gta sa mission:follow the train,kill the vagos gang members standing on the traing.u just hav to drive and BS (big smoke) will do the shooting.I keep up with the train but still they get away to the other town which is not yet unlocked and the mission fails.can u answer all these which were in my mind for a couple of days?

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
Hi. Love the way you left that post with a question mark!
Yes, there is a 128mb version which requires to share 128mb of system ram to make it 256mb since it already has 128mb on the card.
64mb is the most common amount of memory actually on the card, therefore making it total 128mb with sharing 64mb of system ram memory.
All of geforce 6 series and some of the 7 series cards wont fully support shader model 4.0 and wont fully support directx 10 when its released. New cards will be released to support those features. Games which will use dx10 and shadermodel 4.0 wont be produced straight away anyway. Im not sure, but I have a feeling that some 7 series cards will be upwards compatable with dx10 etc through driver releases, but as said, not fully compatable i.e. wont run games with these technologies effortlessly.
Therefore, games wont run better with directx 10 when the game only understands directx 9 (or lower).
'Windows software', your referring to the operating system here? Of course you dont need to reinstall that. Just take out your old card and put in the new one. You'll know if it is working or not because there either wont be a display or will be!!!
Glad you figured out the mission. I found that one hard too. You have to be quick with driving and you also have to help with shooting them. When you come out of the tunnel then on both sides theres small hills which you can ride up, this can give you and advantage to get ahead of the train and more easily kill the gang members on top of the train.
There. All your questions answered. Good luck with your exams. Buy your card and stop threating over things which you needn't because you'll just end up back where you started.
Regards, James

amlan
Unregistered guest
hello!last question before buying.As it has been told that6200 is better than the6200tc.so which shall I get or shall I get an AGP card cause I dont hav to worry about the future because I will upgrade my gcard to a 7 series after one year.so,which is better pcie or Agp for NOW?

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
If you want max performance then pcie. Agp is the better option though since there isn't a great deal of difference. Larger bandwith is an advantage of pcie-look at the price difference between the agp version and the pcie version. If its a matter of £5 (just under $10) then you may aswell get the pcie. If not, get the agp.

Amlan
Unregistered guest
Hi!difficult exams over.some questions again!
I am going to order the grafix card tomorrow.so some consultation.U said that PCIE are going to lead in the future but I am not worried for the future cause I will be getting a 6800gt or a better one as soon as my money collection reaches the target and as soon as the price goes down.srtest told me that NFS underground 2 needs an AGP grafix card to play which is really upsetting me and is the 6200tc available in AGP bus?

AMLAN
Unregistered guest
Operating System System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (build 2600) Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: P4I45Gx_PE, 1.00
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P3.20 08/19/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
40.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
24.66 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252F [CD-ROM drive]
SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

SAMSUNG SP0401N [Hard drive] (40.06 GB) -- drive 0 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 512 MB
Slot '1' has 512 MB
Slot '2' is Empty
Slot '3' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (FAT32 on drive 0) 10.01 GB 7.54 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 0) 10.01 GB 4.85 GB free
e: (FAT32 on drive 0) 10.01 GB 3.91 GB free
f: (FAT32 on drive 0) 9.99 GB 8.36 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
Amlan 3/4/2006 11:45:43 AM (admin)
local system accounts
Administrator never (admin)
Guest never
HelpAssistant never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never

Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account hp deskjet 3500 series on USB001

Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel® 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 [Display adapter]
LGE E700S [Monitor] (15.7"vis, March 2004)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Standard Game Port
Communications Other Devices
Generic SoftK56 [Modem]

RAS Async Adapter
Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
HP Scanjet 2400
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
PS/2 Compatible Mouse
USB Printing Support
USB Root Hub (4x)
Virus Protection [Back to Top]
No details available
Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes [Back to Top]
These required security hotfixes (using the 02/14/2006 Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary) were not found installed. Note: CIS benchmarks require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes must be installed.
Q323255 - Unrated (details...)
Q329048 - Unrated (details...)
Q329115 - Unrated (details...)
Q329170 - Unrated (details...)
Q329390 - Unrated (details...)
Q329834 - Critical (details...)
Q810833 - Low (details...)
Q814078 - Unrated (details...)
Q816093 - Critical (details...)
Q817606 - Unrated (details...)
Q817787 - Unrated (details...)
Q823182 - Unrated (details...)
Q823353 - Moderate (details...)
Q823559 - Unrated (details...)
Q824105 - Unrated (details...)
Q828035 - Unrated (details...)
Q832483 - Important (details...)
Q833987 - Critical (details...)
Q837001 - Important (details...)
Q839645 - Important (details...)
Q840374 - Important (details...)
Q840987 - Critical (details...)
Q841356 - Critical (details...)
Q841533 - Important (details...)
Q841873 - Critical (details...)
Q871250 - Important (details...)
Q873339 - Important (details...)
Q873376 - Critical (details...)
Q885250 - Critical (details...)
Q885835 - Important (details...)
Q885836 - Important (details...)
Q888113 - Important (details...)
Q888302 - Important (details...)
Q890046 - Moderate (details...)
Q890859 - Important (details...)
Q891781 - Important (details...)
Q892944 - Important (details...)
Q893756 - Important (details...)
Q896358 - Critical (details...)
Q896422 - Critical (details...)
Q896424 - Critical (details...)
Q896428 - Moderate (details...)
Q899587 - Moderate (details...)
Q899589 - Important (details...)
Q899591 - Moderate (details...)
Q900725 - Important (details...)
Q901017 - Important (details...)
Q901214 - Critical (details...)
Q904706 - Critical (details...)
Q905414 - Moderate (details...)
Q905495 - Moderate (details...)
Q905749 - Important (details...)
Q905915 - Critical (details...)
Q911564 - Important (details...)
Q911565 - Important (details...)
Q911927 - Important (details...)
Q912919 - Critical (details...)

Installed Microsoft Hotfixes [Back to Top]
Internet Explorer
SP1 (SP1)
Windows XP
SP2
KB835409 on 2/18/2006 (details...)
KB835732 on 2/17/2006 (details...)
KB842773 on 2/15/2006 (details...)
SP3
KB893803V2 on 2/15/2006 (details...)
KB896423 on 2/16/2006 (details...)
KB898461 on 2/15/2006 (details...)
KB902400 on 2/17/2006 (details...)
KB908519 on 2/18/2006 (details...)
KB913446 on 2/19/2006 (details...)
No details available

Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this computer.

Marks a security hotfix (using the 02/14/2006 Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary)
Marks a hotfix that verifies correctly
Marks a hotfix that fails verification (note that failing hotfixes need to be reinstalled)
Unmarked hotfixes lack the data to allow verification

Click here for Belarc's System Management products, for large and small companies.

Software Licenses [Back to Top]

Belarc - Advisor 6859d3bc
Microsoft - Internet Explorer 55274-649-6478953-23925 (Key: RHKG3-8YW4W-4RHJG-83M4Y-7X9GW)
Microsoft - Office 2000 SR-1 Premium 50106-707-9999992-02450
Microsoft - WebFldrs XP 12345-111-1111111-30787
Microsoft - Windows XP Professional 55274-649-6478953-23925 (Key: RHKG3-8YW4W-4RHJG-83M4Y-7X9GW)

Software Versions (mouse over * for details, click * for location) [Back to Top]
Adobe Reader Version 6.0.1.2003110300 *
Ahead Software AG Karlsbad Germany Phone: +49-7248-911-800 Fax: +49-7248-911-888 e-mail: info@nero.com - LANGUAGE_English2 Version 5, 5, 10, 25 *
Ahead Software AG - InfoTool Application Version 1, 0, 3, 3 *
Ahead Software AG - Nero CD Speed Application Version 1, 0, 2, 1 *
Ahead Software Gmbh NeroCheck Version 1, 0, 0, 2 *
ahead software gmbh, karlsbad - Cover Designer Version 2, 2, 1, 11 *
Auralis, Inc. Version 1.3.0.2991 *
Belarc, Inc. - Advisor Version 7.1f *
Call of Duty *
Call of Duty - United Offensive *
Cinematronics - 3D Pinball Version 5.1.2600.0 *
Cmi3DPlayer Application Version 1, 0, 0, 4 *
CyberLink Corp. - CLDMA Version 1, 0, 0, 2502 *
CyberLink Corp. - PowerDVD Version 4.00.0000 *
Download Driver *
Erik Deppe - DriveSpeed Version 1, 6, 1, 0 *
GeneralUninstall Application Version 2, 0, 0, 9 *
GRISOFT, s.r.o. - AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus System Version 7.0.0.132 *
GRISOFT, s.r.o. - AVG Anti-Virus System Version 7.0.0.206 *
GTA San Andreas *
Hewlett-Packard Co. - hp digital imaging - hp all-in-one series Version 002.000.000.138 *
Hewlett-Packard Co. - hp system diagnostics Version 2.0.0.309 *
Hewlett-Packard Company - hp coretech (COmponent REuse TECHnology) Version 1.7.1.0 *
Hewlett-Packard Company - HP Memories Disc Creator Software Version 1.0.4.0 *
Hewlett-Packard Company - HP Printer Assistant Version 4.1.104 *
Hewlett-Packard Company - S2WEx Version 2, 6, 0, 162 *
Hewlett-Packard hpgs2wnd Version 2,3,0,0\ 162 *
Hewlett-Packard hpotdd01 Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *
Hewlett-Packard hpwuSchd Version 1, 0, 0, 2 *
HP DeskJet Version 2.236.4.0 *
Hpi_Prnt Application Version 2.0.0.126 * I.R.I.S. SA - readiris Version 5, 0, 0, 1 *
InstallShield Software Corporation - InstallDriver Module Version 9.01 *
Microsoft ® Windows Script Host Version 5.6.0.6626 *
Microsoft Clip Gallery Version 5.2.01.0223 *
Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 6.00.2800.1106 *
Microsoft Corporation - Messenger Version 4.7 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer - Unicode Version 3.1.4000.1823 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Movie Maker Version 1.1.2427.1 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows NetMeeting Version 3.01 *
Microsoft Corporation - Zone.com Version 1.2.626.1 *
Microsoft Office 2000 Version 9.0.3822 *
Microsoft Open Database Connectivity Version 3.520.9030.0 *
Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows Version 9.0.3821 *
Microsoft Windows Media Player Version 6.4.09.1125 *
Microsoft® MSN ® Communications System Version 7.02.0005.2202 *
Microsoft® Windows Media Player Version 8.00.00.4487 *
MindVision Software - Installer VISE Version 3.1.1 *
Nullsoft - Winamp Version 5.02 *
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 60.85 Version 6.14.10.6085 *
Play Call of Duty - United Offensive Multiplayer *
Play Call of Duty Multiplayer *
Play Postal 2 *
Postal 2 Editor *
PRNCONF Application Version 1.0.0.0 *
The Webshots Corporation - Webshots Tray Application Version 1.3.0.2991 *
The Webshots Corporation Swebexec Version 1.3.0.2991 *
UpdateIPR.exe *
Virtos GmbH - WaveEdit DLL Version 1, 0, 5, 0 *
WinampAgent *
WinZip Version 9.0 (6028) *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Click to see where software is installed.
a. Megahertz measurement may be inaccurate if other programs were busy during last analysis.
b. Data may be transferred on the bus at one, two, or four times the Bus Clock rate.
c. Memory slot contents may not add up to Installed Memory if some memory is not recognized by Windows.
d. Memory slot contents is reported by the motherboard BIOS. Contact system vendor if slot contents are wrong.
e. This may be the manufacturer's factory installed product key rather than yours.
Copyright 2000-6, Belarc, Inc. All rights reserved.
Legal notice. U.S. Patents 6085229, 5665951 and Patents pending

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
NFSU2 needs agp..as minimum. If pcie is better than agp, then the 6200TC will obviously work! So, no need to worry.
All the information in the other post-whats that for?

Amlan
Unregistered guest
oh thought anything u want to know about my PC like proccessor,memory which u were asking for.It is just like everest.Is this what u required?

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
I appreciate the efforts, but I dont need any more information about your pc. I know the components you have and what their compatability is. Most the information you posted is actually useless to me, or anyone.
Finally put, a new motherboard and a new card. Get yourself either an Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Abit, Epox or a new Asrock supporting pcie so you can get the 6200. Now save all your dosh and buy the stuff god damn it lol!!
It's simple as pie, you'll just have to get a pro or take your pc to your local pc shop to get them to install the mobo as i doubt you know how to do it yourself. I can't do it properly, I'd get all the cables mixed up and sorting them so they are tidy is a pain!!

Amlan
Unregistered guest
yes I know to put some wires in their proper place but not all.what do u think of getting a new and powerfull proccessor?at least i dont hav to bother again and go mad for a proccessor.something funny,i am getting $1 every week and now I hav $4.waiting it to reach at least $50 so I can go for an good grafix card all for together.I just checked the official website for far cry and it says that far cry is even supported on a 3 series nvidia card and my system config far exceed the minimum system requirements.

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
Well, it does exceed it but you wont be able to play on highest settings. You need to go into the options in farcry and mess about with every setting until you find an optimal setting. As I said look for anti-aliasing and screen filtering options(fsaa) or something. Sounds like you have a bit of saving to do. I'd stick with your processor, and get a new motherboard and graphics card.
You need to stop this worrying crap and going over the same things over and over. You should try get your parents to help you out with buying a new mobo/sending it back to replace it and buying a new card.
Everything you need to know I've told you..

Amlan
Unregistered guest
my computer shop is closed for 3days! everytime it happens with me.when I want something, no doubt the shop will be closed.I am getting the 6200TC 128MB onboard ram so that it will become 256.Does it make a difference for games ?i.e supposing a game's minimum requirement is 32MB grafix and recommended is 128MB but if I my card has 256MB whill the game improve?will it use the other 128MB to make the grafix better?do please give me ur email ID.I had a secret question to ask.of far cry,IT IS USELESS' I spent nearly 2hrs experimenting but no change.today I am in a bad mood.I am longing to get my new card and play but....I dont hav anything to play now except GTA SA and far cry(not working)and that secret question which I want to know is going to put me into a huge trouble if i dont get its solution NOW.

Username: Kadistight

I have a question I have an Hp with 2.2 ghz processor
Im trying to get the

BFG 3DFuzion GeForce 7300 GS 256MB DDR PCI Express Graphics Card
Im not sure if i have a pci slot so where is it and also I will be having 1 gb or ram and i want to know if i will be able to play star wars galaxies on it is it good enough.

Silver Member
Username: Prischihuas

CHIHUAHUA MEXICO

Post Number: 268
http://www.travian.com.mx/?uc=mx2_709

Username: Chrissiver

China

Post Number: 3
Mac dvd to iPod is an excellent DVD to iPod conversion tool that is designed for Mac OS users to convert DVD to iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano and other iPod players,
By using DVD to iPod Converter for Mac you can easily convert your favorite DVDs to iPod Touch,iPod Classic and iPod Nano,
want to convert your funny videos to you iPod, take a look at iPod Video Converter for Mac ,
enjoy your DVDs and videos on your iPod by browsing Convert DVD to iPod for Mac .

Bronze Member
Username: Eatisa

Post Number: 15
Well I think nVidia is the best graphic card, Am I right?

or is there else????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us