HDTV outdoor antenna

Username: Jamesnicholson

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased the Mitsubishi Diamond 55in HDTV and am very pleased with the set. I bought the Radio Shack indoor digital antenna but have had such terrible results, such as loss of signals when one moves around the room to inconsistencies from one use to the next that I believe I need to get an outdoor antenna. I would appreciate advice and suggestions regarding outdoor antenna for HDTV reception. When I was successful in receiving an HDTV signal the picture was truly outstanding. I have since bought the Samsung HDTV DirecTV receiver however it does not broadcast the local channels in HDTV and the HDTV channel options are few. So any advice, information or suggestions is appreciated.

Username: Rocky

Post Number: 6
James,
I have the Radio Shack 15-1880 indoor VHF/UHF antenna, and the result I get is similar to your result. I recently purchased a length of RG-6 and have position the antenna in a different location within my den and it improved reception dramatically. Be sure to got to http://www.antennaweb.org to determine the azimuth and ensure that both stations (the one you can currently receive and the one you cannot receive) are UHF. If both stations are not UHF you will need to adjust the VHF part of the antenna. However, since most digital stations transmit in the UHF band it is most likely UHF.
Good luck.
Rocky

Jason_Patterson
Unregistered guest
check out www.digitalhsolutions.com they have some Terk antennas that seem pretty good. And definately check antennaweb.org to see which antenna works in your area.

Username: Steverm2

Post Number: 3
i checked antennaweb.org.the site said there were no digital stations in my area(boston,ma)!i get all the channels listed below on comcast hdtv. i want to get an ota tuner/dvr to record and archive shows.here are the channels &frequencies in boston-wgbh-19,wbz-30,wcvb-20,whdh-42,wfxt-31,wsbk-39,wlvi-41.all of these channels are hdtv versions of analog channels.anyone have any recommendations of what may work best in this area?way back when i used an antenna i had poor vhf and ok uhf reception.

Username: Toomuchactions

Post Number: 8
for me I had great success with this antenna, I'd got from amazon. before I use to live in an apartment. I live on the button floor with all the trees surround my apartment and have very limited view of the open sky and there's another taller apartment blocking the north view for my antenna signal. all I did was have the antenna sitting on top of the folding chair on the balcony. connect to my mitsubishi dlp hd set through rg6 cable. I don't get much signal strength...around 40%. I did a signal scan and be able to receiver all the local hd channels.

http://www.amazon.com/TERK-HD-TVS-Profile-Outdoor-Antenna/dp/B0006N2PDQ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us