Any Recommendations For Speaker Stands?

Have placed an order for the Onkyo 650 and will be needing stands for the front speakers. Although I don't have the speakers yet I know they are about 7.5" wide, a little over 9.5" deep and weigh a little over 12.5 lbs. Can anyone recommend some good, yet not too expensive, stands? I would prefer wood but that is not essential. Right now I am leaning towards the "Wood Technology' stands but thought i'd see what others have done. Any good web sites would also be of help.

Thanks.

Anonymous
It depends on how high up you want them. I bought the Sanus NF30 stands. Very simple yet sturdy design. Made of wood, black. The Onkyo speakers look good on them.
You can get them anywhere between $80-100.

Get Chicago stands for the fronts and B-Tech BT7 for the rears.

Username: Toe

Post Number: 1
Do you think the B-Tech's would work on a ste of M&K 550 and/or 750's?

Username: Spaniard

Post Number: 1
i am building myself a stereo stand using technologies to reduce microphonic effects. however, i am having difficulty in locating spikes for the feet of the stands. does anyone know where i can get some?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 402
Spainiard:

Yes. Look here:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=48&Object Group_ID=139

Sometimes I swear this place has everything!

Good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 38
I'm into that 'wood technology' myself! Just spent no more than $15 to build my own. With a top base, bottom base, a 2"x2" post (3ft. in height) painted white to match the room decor, the stands hold the speakers as if they were on display! Hide the speaker wire behind the post, and you're good to go. I thought it would be a bit cheesy, but they turned out pretty nice. Anyway, instead of spending 50 - 100 bucks on speaker stands, I thought I'd save the money to buy movies and such. It's worth a try.

Bronze Member
Username: Lowfront

Post Number: 42
I'm in the middle of making these....

Turning out awsome...

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html

Bronze Member
Username: Monstercable

Post Number: 24
only new members come to this thread?

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 234
Hello,
It depends on how high up you want them. I bought the Sanus NF30 stands. Very simple yet sturdy design. Made of wood, black. The Onkyo speakers look good on them.
You can get them anywhere between $100-150.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16084
Awesome and yet so late recommendation Nency!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us