Bare speaker wire convert to RCA


New member
Username: Lostprincessofoz

Post Number: 1
Registered: Jan-12
I have some speakers that I bought to connect to my turntable. HOWEVER, the speakers end in bare wire and my turntable only takes RCA 3.5 mm (red/white). Is there any way to splice them directly on the speaker wire? Or do I need an adapter/receiver?

The more research I do the more it seems soldering would be involved to add the plugs. Is there an adapter box that I can clip the wires in on one end that has rca on the other end?

Edit: The back on the turn table for Audio out reads "8 OHM" and easily fits the red/white rca cables. Also wondering, would banana plugs work, or are they for headphone sized input/output?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15912
Registered: Dec-03
What kind of turntable is it? Unless it has it's own amplifier, you need to connect the turntable to a receiver and NOT} directly to speakers.

New member
Username: Lostprincessofoz

Post Number: 2
Registered: Jan-12
It's old school...Sears sr3000 Compact Stereo with AM/FM, phono & tape. Here is a link to someone selling the same bad boy.
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message


Shop Related Deals


Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us