Rca jacks to speaker wire


New member
Username: Dmbussian

San antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
Registered: Jan-10
My father in law received a turntable for christmas that has built in rca jacks. The problem is that we only have speakers that accept standard wire. Is there a converter out there that will do the job for him or is there another solution? Thanks

New member
Username: Interestingfellow

Dallas, Tx Pluto

Post Number: 2
Registered: Feb-10
If the turn table doesn't have powered output, then you need to feed the rca jacks into some sort of amplifier. If you attempt to hook up speakers to the rca jacks directly, you could do damage to the turntable, if those outputs are not powered (as opposed to just being signal out). You could use something as simple as a set of powered computer style speakers, with the right cable that has the rca jacks on it (or a stereo, if it has "inputs" on the back, or a tv, that has inputs for sound (red/white)).
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message


Shop Related Deals


Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us