Help: RCA to home theater speaker input


New member
Username: Yrng4boston

Post Number: 1
Registered: Aug-09
Hello -


I am trying to buy a home-theater system that will work with my existing cabling in my living room.
The problem is that the Rear speaker inputs (RR, RL) into the Receiver are RCA(?) inputs (attached pic). While the inputs into the speakers are regular naked wire (attached pic).
Most of the home theater receivers I have looked don't have the "audio outs" that fit the RCA(?) type input.
I was wondering if I cut out and remove the RCA plug, if I would be able to use it as regular stereo cable just like the end of the wire that is going inside the speakers ? If so, how do I determine which is (+) and (-)ve terminals ?

Are there any other suggestions to install the speakers so that I can setup a good home theater in my living room ?

Thanks much

New member
Username: Jspringer

Post Number: 3
Registered: Aug-09
wait, the speaker wire needs to go from naked wire to RCA?? Are you sure you're looking at the right spots, I've never heard of anything like that either.

Only suggestion i would have is to grab a regular RCA wire, cut the inputs off of one side and strip down the wire and try to connect them to the speakers.

maybe post a pic of the back of your receiver?

New member
Username: Yrng4boston

Post Number: 4
Registered: Aug-09
I have still to buy a receiver, based on the inputs I get here The speaker will be connected to the naked wire. (finding speakers that take such input is easy since most of them do). In the pic above, the naked wire is for 1 RL speaker with + and - terminals.

The question is, can i get a receiver that has audio-out which will fit the picture of RCA (I think it is RCA it could be something else if I'm wrong). ? If not, it is easier to just cut the RCA plug off and use the wires to connect to the Receiver - I've seen many receivers that take naked wire, which will be possible only if I cut the RCA plug off.


New member
Username: Gyan_kumar

Post Number: 1
Registered: Sep-09
RCA connection attached to one end of speaker wire (either 6 feet or 50 feet long) is available at Radio Shack.

I have used it to connect to my old speakers which already have a RCA end to the connecting wire, and the new amplifier which has normal wire connections for the speakers.

With one coupler and the RCA-wire obtained from Radio Shack, I could use the old speakers with the new amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us