Help with identifying cable


New member
Username: Beccaboom

Post Number: 1
Registered: Apr-09
Hello everyone. I have a silly question, but I'm hoping someone here knows what this cable is. I've been searching online to find out, but I've had no luck, I'm sure I'm using the wrong terminology :-) If someone could please let me know or point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. Thanks! Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Mike19

Tallahassee, Fla USA

Post Number: 16
Registered: Jan-09
Hi Becca.
Welcome to the Forum.

I believe that is called a "breakout cable", but I do not recall seeing one like that before. I did some searching on the net but could not find one like that. Breakouts are usually used for computers and HDTV.

Where did you get it? If you are now using it, what are you using it for?


Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3123
Registered: May-06
looks like a mic cable that breaks out to rca's or can plug directly to an amp.

New member
Username: Beccaboom

Post Number: 2
Registered: Apr-09
Well, I got this cable at an estate sale thinking it was something that I could use, but then I realized that there were other connections on it, like the microphone jack and the female connector. I don't know what I would use it for. I too looked up "breakout" cables, but saw nothing that matched it.

Thanks for your help!

New member
Username: Bbowen

Post Number: 2
Registered: Mar-09

The cable is to connect a bose lifestyle 5 control head to the sub-wooofer.

New member
Username: Sophiaqqq

Post Number: 1
Registered: Apr-09
Hi Becca,

We call S-video cable. It connect DVD.haha we are making them.
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message


Shop Related Deals


Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us