Combo Digital In socket. What cable?


New member
Username: Red_breast

Post Number: 1
Registered: Jul-08
Hello all, new member.

I have a TV with what is labelled as a "Digital In Coax/Digital". In the manual it says "combination socket for jack plug 3.5mm or optical cable." It looks like the socket on this DAC.

I have/had a thread going about it at AVforums but didn't get the answer to my question.

My question is, even though I had trouble believing that the socket could take both optical and coaxial if it does what cable do I use? So the audio device has your standard orange RCA phono output but what type of jack do I use for the TV? A mono one? I've seen some jacks with up to 4 poles on the tip ring sleeve. My TV, with a Xbox 360 using an optical jackplug, does 5.1. The TV is big and a CRT so the point 1 speaker is attached to the TV's back casing.
I don't want to just try it? I'm fond of the TV as it has VGA input, 640/480, for the Xbox.
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message


Shop Related Deals


Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us