Big fan of the power supply upgrade

Bronze Member
Username: Jmsoave

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 88
I just upgraded my power supply, and just thought I'd share the results. I replaced the standard wall outlet with a PS Audio premium power port, and also got a Furman PST-8D power conditioning strip to plug everything into. This strip has isolated digital/analog banks. The result? Satisfying. I won't say extraordinary or significant, but definitely better overall. Perhaps best of all is the peace of mind...it always bugged me that I had a standard wall plug and power strip. Now I KNOW I'm getting a good power supply, and that feeling is nice. But aside from the fuzzy feeling, I definitely notice a slightly cleaner soundstage. So...I highly recommend this cheap upgrade.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmsoave

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 89
Is the difference imaginary, similar to a placebo effect? Perhaps. Will the wife (the only other regular listener) notice? Of course not. Am I happier that I did it, and do I sleep easier now, content with my system? Absolutely...

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 237
I have the soloist outlet from PS Audio on its own 20 amp circuit.
My GCC250 and HSU Research sub share this while the rest of the system.....Sony SXRD, a couple of CD/DVD players, the DTVbox and Nintendo are plugged thru a Panamax with Isolation Transformer.

My previous experiments showed that the power amp thru the conditioner was stiffled. The amp was replaced with the PSAudio and all is now well. My electrician thought I was nuts until he came back for a listen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us