Multichannel RCA to digital coaxial or optical?

Username: Piotrbr

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I recently purchased a SACD player that only outputs multichannel through 6 RCA cables. However, my received only accepts multi-channel inputs through a digital coaxial or optical cable. Is there any solution that will allow me to splice the RCA cables into a single digital output?

Thank you,

-Peter

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15794
Unfortunately, no. The output is analog and you will need a converter to turn it into digital. What kind of SACD player is it?

Post Number: 2
Ah, that is too bad. It is a Sony SCD-CE775. How much will a converter cost and do you have any recommendations?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15797
Are you aware that the particular model you have has a dedicated optical audio output?

There is also a stereo analog output.

Look in the back panel, you will see one singular black button that is marked as "Optical Out Digital CD"

Use that to connect to your optical input on your receiver.Upload

Post Number: 3
Ah, yes, but the problem is that the optical out only works for CDs and not SACD multichannel sound ; )

I may have listed the wrong model (was doing from memory), but I am sure that the one that I have is limited to regular CDs...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15799
Indeed it is. The only way to get digital output from SACDs would be the hybrid SACDs which include both formats.

Unfortunately, the only way for you to use the analog outputs would be to get a receiver that can accept these inputs. That is the only available converter out on the market.

Post Number: 4
That's too bad. Well, thanks anyway...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help