Cables for better bass?

Username: Dimi

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone
I recently upgraded my amp from an MF Elektra E10 SE to a Densen B110. Listening mostly to alterative rock, electronica and some jazzier stuff, this was a very welcome change.
The rest of my system:
Rega P3 with a Goldring 1022 cartridge
MF Elektra E601 CDp
PSB Image T45 speakers
vdHul interconnect (D - 102 III HYBRID) and speaker cables (SKYLINE HYBRID).
The problem is with the bass I'm getting: it's feeble and, in some instances, inaudible at the lower parts.
Having auditioned the Densen with my own speakers (but different source and cables) at the dealer's , I know the combo B110/T45s can do better than that. Is it the cables, then? Any thoughts / ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1199
Dimitris,

It is most likely the room and not the cables.

Read through some of these threads to see if it might help you.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/1664.html

Post Number: 2
Hey Michael,

Thanks for the prompt response. I will do my homework and come back!

Post Number: 3
Well, you' re probably right, it seems that my room is "bright"... the problem is that I have no dedicated listening room to treat.

I have my system in the living room of a modernist apartment -"modernist" meaning open plan (living room, dining room and kitchen are seperated only by a 90 cm-wide column right behind the "sweet spot"), long glass doors on the left side (with some light curtains for now, but we're thinking a second layer of thicker ones anyway) and a (full)bookcase on the right side wall. I have a carpet between the speakers and the sofa, and that's about it.

Nevertheless, bass was improved by pushing the speakers closer to the wall and also, it's generally better when I listen to vinyl than what the CDp produces. Next step, I will check the Nordost Blue Heaven interconnects my brother uses, just for the fun of it.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1204
D, read my profile to get an idea of some things you can do to isolate the CDP and Turntable as well as the amp. This can control brightness. It is very tunable to get the sound you want.

Keep in mind that my dedicated room has some treatments as well. I add this as I do not want for you to expect isolation and dampening of equipment to be the end all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us