Analog Interconnects?

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmc

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 76
I've been looking at upgrading my interconnects from my source (Moon CD-1 cd player) to my receiver (Arcam AVR 300) but there are so many options? Right now I'm using Tara Labs Spectrum2A interconnects which are okay, but I'd like o try something new. I don't want to break the bank and like to stay in the $100-$125 range. Here are some interconnects that I'm looking at:
Cardas - 300B Microtwin's or Quadlink 5C's (may be outta my range)
Alpha-Core/Goertz Micropurl's
Straightwire Encore II's (not sure of the price?)

Analysis Plus Oval One's
Audio Art IC 3's
Speltz Anti-Cable's
Kimber PBJ's or Timbre's
DH Labs BLI's

The first group I can buy local and the second group I'd have to order on-line. I'm looking to add a bit more detail to my system so if anyone has comments or suggestions about these cables please do so. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15449
I use Kimber Kables, with NAD and Outlaw Audio equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Montgomery, IL USA

Post Number: 121
What exactly is different about the interconnects you listed and a well-constructed $10 interconnect (other than price) that would make your system sound more "detailed"?

Have you looked into the high resolution audio formats (SACD and DVD-A)? Source material encoded in these formats may provide you with more detail, depending on what type of speakers you have, or course. Interconnects will not.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15479
We can talk about that until we are blue in the face, I doubt anybody listens anymore

Username: Hudsy

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
I know this is an old post so I am not sure if you are still in the market or if you have made your choice. I have an Arcam 300. I had a set of Kimbre PBJs and they weren't bad but not extremely detailed. I picked up a set of second hand Blue Heaven interconnects and they sound really good, more detail/better synergy. I have also tried various Van Den Hul cables and The Well sounded good. I have also heard that the Van Den Hul DS-102MKiii work well with Arcam gear as well as Chord. I am on the lookout for a set of Chord Chameleon Silver Plus 2 as I have heard they work great with Arcam gear.

I do have a set of DH Labs Air Matrix on their way to me.

I for one do hear a difference with different cables connected, better synergy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us