Cable for Rega set up

Username: Shari

Knebworth, Hertfordshire UK

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys

This is my first post so I hope you will be gentle!!

I have the following set up

Rega Apollo CD
Cursa3
Maia3
JM Lab Focal Chorus 816V
Chord Rumour speaker wire
Chord Chameleon Silver Plus interconnects

I am getting to what I believe is the end of the burning phase and am finding this set up overally smooth. The detail is there plus the bass and high frequecies, but the excitement is missing and the vocals are not what I call solid!??.

Yesterday I changed the speaker cable to Naim NACA5 and the difference was amazing. The excitement and involvement was there and the vocals where a touch more forward and solid and not vague as before. I am finding the music a tad bright though (or is it inceased detail???) and some of the warm rounded sound has gone.

Is this a trade off for excitement in the music or can I bring the warmness back with the excitement?

I know at least a few of you have good experience with Rega, namely Frank and Art, and would welcome you comments or suggestions.

I must say the Focals on the end of the Rega doi sound good, so this is more about subtle cable changes rather than equipment change and I am trying to get the last 5-10% out of my current set up.

Cheers in advance

Shari

Username: Shari

Knebworth, Hertfordshire UK

Post Number: 2
OK guys. I have changed the cable back. What I thought was more excitement was an illusion, they both sound practically the same. I would like to open up the sound a bit more though as it seems a bit closed in the mid band. Suggestions?

Cheers

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14677
Nice set up Shari :-)

If you want Frank and Art's input, you may want to post this in the Home Audio section. I know it may not be in the right area but they do not frequent this part nowadays.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us