DTS and Dolby Digital surround problem

Username: Mitsuoyazawa

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have this small problem, that my TV (which is a Sansui - hdmi 32") with nothing else than a Coaxial Audio for output sound.

Now I bought an old AV Amplifier, which is a Sony with Dolby Digital DTS, with a 5.1channel sound, it has 6 RCA, which sounds everything i expected with my PC etc...., and it happends to have a Digital Coaxial audio input. so i got very excited.

BUT my problem is that my TV does not support DTS audio coaxial, so I got depressed again. So, do you guys have any idea what can i do?, or should I just buy another AV Amplifier :S (i dont have much $$). not saying another TV.

the worst thing is that, this TV does not have a freaking RCA output atleast.

tnx for your support :P

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3671
There are no TV programs broadcast in DTS. If you're trying to get DTS from a DVD player, there are very few TVs that will pass the digital audio from HDMI to the digital output. Connect the DVD player's digital output to the receiver.

Username: Mitsuoyazawa

Post Number: 2
hehe thats true, my real reason to connect my tv, its that my PS2, Xbox360, Nintendo Wii, its connected to the TV, and I want to keep only one connection for the audio.

so it would be nice if i could keep the output sound from my TV to the AV amp

Tnx for your answer, I really apreciate it

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3673
The digital output on the TV is only for TV programs. You can buy a digital audio switcher.

Username: Jcamp

Lancaster, Ohio USA

Post Number: 8
On my Sony XBR4 the manual says that if you use HDMI to a SONY audio receiver and then go to the XBR with the HDMI out from the receiver to also connect the optical digital cable to the receiver. Why would you have to do this. I thought the whole idea of HDMI was one cable for both audio and video?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us