Please help - samsung surround sound hookup

Username: Jjj5284

Post Number: 1
I've just purchased my Samsung 50" Slim Depth DLP TV - HL-T5076S and a Samsung Single Disk Home Theater Surround Sound System - HT-X40T. Also, I use an HD cable box.

My question is, can I have Surround Sound when watching cable tv & the DVD player? If so, what cables will I need and how do I hook this up?

I'm a beginner when it comes to this type of stuff - thanks for your help.

Username: Fluidicaztec

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 3
Yes, with the magic of fiber optics and HDMI you'll being sitting in your own Theater. First, according to Samsungs site you have three HDMI inputs on your TV and one output on your Home Theater System (HTS). You need to run an HDMI cable from your HTS to your TV. You also need to run one from your Cable Set Top Box (STB) to your TV. Then you need to run a Fiber Optic Cable (for the 5.1 surround sound) from the STB to the HTS. There should only be one output for it on the STB and one input on the HTS. You didn't mention what kind of STB you have, but most of the new ones have HDMI & Fiber Optic Outputs. Now the tough part. You need to set the TV up so it dosn't use the sound input from the HDMI on it's own speakers. This way your HTS will use it's own sound. Hope that helps...

The Aztec
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us