LG FA-2100 Audio/Video Surround Receiver ; Remote Codes Anyone ?!!!!!

Username: Annoyedimpatient

Qc Canada

Post Number: 4

I've spent four hours searching the web whilst being on speaker-phone with the bl**dy LG Customer Service, to no avail. The latter's agent put me on hold and just blew me off after 20 minutes. But that's OK, I'll speak to a supervisor eventually and spew my strong anger.

My problem is the following: I bought this receiver two years ago, an LG FA-2100.
Upload

I put aside (ok, my very prudent and thoughtful girlfriend put aside...) the owner's manuals in their original plastic, which is proof I didn't open the original package.

I finally decided to program the universal remote to all my accessories (DVD player, TV, digital cable terminal, VCR), as we're tired of having to use three remotes every time we want to turn something on or off.

I looked everywhere for the alleged "Set-up Code Table" to which the bl**dy owner's manual refers to, but to no avail either. I don't recall having received any book for the remote anyway.

I thus went on the Internet to find the codes. Then, on the LG website. Nothing. The product doesn't even exist anymore on the aforementioned site, except that the owner's manual (for the FA-2100 receiver) is available for download. Unfortunately, I HAVE IT ALREADY THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! That was NOT what I was looking for.

And so, I called the LG Customer Service. The agent searched and searched, and then put me on hold, then came back, and whispered while searching, and put me on hold again, came back, fumbled some more, etc...

Result: I'm thoroughly angry now, not just because I wasted all this time on my precious day off, but also because I just HATE incompetence and companies that don't find it important to put up all the f***ing information pertaining to their f***ing products, either in the same f***ing manual or on the very poorly designed f***ing website.

Does anybody know where I can get the bl**dy codes?

The model of my receiver is FA-2100, and on the remote itself, something that looks like a model number is inscribed : ACC-RM2000. From some of the gruelling research I had to do, I suspect "RM" evokes "remote".

Thanks, anyone. Gonna grab a cognac now.

Username: Jobergeron3

Post Number: 1
i have it... did you find it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help