Art - you're in good company, cablewise!

Gold Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 1883
OK, OK, I know that Art and most of the rest of you use cables costing perhaps ten times as much as my humble, yet satisfactory, Blue Jeans cables.
Given that - I was intrigued to read that the wonderful new SACD of Mendelssohn piano trios on the PentaTone label was mastered using - tah-dah - ART'S CABLES!
Yep - there in black in white: "microphone, interconnect and loudspeaker cables by van den Hul." Just like Art's! Wow, Art, you're in high-class company with those wires! (grin)

Also noted, however, that the studio used B&W speakers as monitors. Same brand I use, but the studio used the Nautilus, which cost about as much as my house. . .(double grin)

The disc, BTW, is wonderful - Mendelssohn piano trios 1 and 2 with Julia Fischer et al as I reviewed on the Old Dogs thread under home audio yesterday.

Respectfully. . .LarryR

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4804
Interesting Larry. I didn't know that. I do know the the Orchid interconnect has become a very popular microphone cable, just didn't know for whom. Thanks for sharing that and your music reviews back at the dog house.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us