Seeking help in connecting my newly built computer to Sony STR-DE 898

Username: Galileo1956

Las Cruces, NM USA

Post Number: 1
Greetings all,

First I want to say that I can build a great computer, but I am IQ challenged when it comes to interfacing it with my Sony 898 7.1 AVR.
First my new computer:

Intel 965 board with 2.4 Ghz Duo Core CPU
4 GB DDR2 RAM
2 WD SATA internal drives
Plextor 716A DVD burner
Sony 830 DVD burner
New PCIe Video Card: nVidia 7600 GS/256MB (had ATI 9600 AIW)
New sound card: Creative X-FI Platinum wih front bay connector panel w/optical I/O, SPDIF I/O, MIDI ports, RCA I/O, and headphone jack.
Ultra front bay panel w/4 card readers, Firewire, 4 USB 2 ports,
standard RCA in plugs,, and headphone jack.

I am also trying to figure out the best way to run a TV signal into the computer. I do miss my ATI with the coax in! To power all this I have an Antec 580w power supply
The monitor is a 22" Acer Widescreen LCD connected to the nVida video card with a DVI connect.

Connected to my Sony 898 is my trusty old PL-400 turntable (one of the main reasons I went with the 898; it has preamp phone jacks). I have 1600 vinyl albums I want to archive on DVD's.

So, there is the whole mess. I would have to rebuild and put myself through this again. Try as I will, I am unable to come up with a reasonably simple (that may be an oxymoron) way to get this all connected. A big part of it may be the huge software package that comes with the X-FI Platinum. It could be a combination of that and cables. I would have thought using the optical in and out would have done the biggest part of it. I still seem to have to run an RCA out with a 1/8 stero jack to the line/digital in port on the card itself.

So there you have it. Sorry for the length, but I wanted to share exactly what components I am working with. If any one can make sugestions (or email me a bleeding diagram) I will dance at your weddubg (or whatever)

Thanks in advance,

Jim
}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us