Comparing cable brands for HDMI?

Bronze Member
Username: Gbelous

CT

Post Number: 28
I know this is very controversial, but what are everyone's opinions on cable quality?

Is there much difference between an HDMI cable from samsungparts.com that sells for $18 and the Acoustic Research brand at Best Buy for $50?
Would there be a noticable difference in picture quality?

Bronze Member
Username: Gbelous

CT

Post Number: 29
Which of these would anyone recommend?

High-Quality 24AWG HDMI Cables > HDMI to HDMI Cable (24AWG) w/ net jacket- 3ft (Gold Plated)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024002 &p_id=2283&seq=1&format=2&style=

vs.

QVS 1 Meter HDMI Male to Male HDTV Digital A/V Cable
RoHS Certified / HDMI Male to Male Connectors / 1M, 3.3 feet Length
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4150966#productTabDetails

Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 2
no i dont think you will notice a difference at all. i have a monster HDMI $120 and a knock off from ebay for $15 and it still kicks out a hi-def sound and picture, maybe in the future when we start getting in to ultra-HD there might be a difference but only time will tell

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 30
Remember, it is not just the wire, but the components to which it is connected. Doubtful premium wire will make an appreciable (i.e., noticeable) difference when connected between the el cheapo stuff.

Username: Matto1985

Waltham, MA USA

Post Number: 2
Unless your running wires over huge distances it makes no difference. My advice is get a cable that looks good and is affordable. I suggest the cables at www.tendonusa.com. I think they have a good design and their HDMI's are very fairly priced.

Username: Matto1985

Waltham, MA USA

Post Number: 4
I know this post is kind of old, but if you still haven't picked up your HDMI you should go to www.tendonusa.com because they are selling 1m HDMI cables for $5 with free shipping. It's a hell of a deal.

Silver Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 138
This cracks me up. At hi frequencies where various measurable effects are also to be seen, advice is to 'just buy a cable' .
For the audio guys, for which there is no scientific evidence of cable differences *at audio frequencies* there is a huge storm of controversy regarding the 'right' cable......and how it sounds, even extending to the &^%$^& power cable!
I should probably just give up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us