New Room Dimensions , All New Sound

Bronze Member
Username: Torchum

Post Number: 26
Just moved to new home and the forcibly,selected room to set up in is basically a 14 x 14 square with an 11 foot ceiling and a lot of window at the back. My old room took a long time to get just right with 15w x 12d X 9h but everyone was extremely happy with the sound which even included a pretty heavy 2x10 sub. I realize that I have to start all over butI think my main problem is the height of the ceiling. I get a split second delay or echo in sound. Very noticable when song ends. I'm just not getting the hairs to stand on my arms and that means it needs tweeking. Adjustments to my floorstanders position made a huge difference but I still need to get rid of the "live concert" sound. Hanging deflectors? Corner baffles? As always, anything at all that might help would be greatly apprecaited. Happy Holidays and may the Christmas cheer ring out loud and clear.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 491
I have a high ceiling and drapes seem to take care of most problems for me, IMO.

Bronze Member
Username: Torchum

Post Number: 28
They are on the list for sure.It sure would be nice if simple drapery would take care of the issue. Thanks again Andre.

Bronze Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 81
When I installed my stereo in a new room, many years ago, I had a 'slap back' echo....from the far wall.
The room has no less than 9 walls, a vaulted ceiling, 3 doors(kitchen/hall/entry)and one long wall consists of a fireplace, 2 windows and a 5 foot sliding glass door.
Needless to say, it is an accoustic nightmare which has no easy solution.
However, the echo was immediately tamed by the addition of a roughly square (3ft x 3ft)heavy wool tapestry, spaced about 3 inches from the wall and on the side opposite the speakers. The speakers and the tapestry are both located on 'short' walls, opposite one another and about 25 feet apart.
The speakers are ancient Magnapans, which are Bipoles (Dipoles?) and really like properly done room reflections.
Since this was the most obvious problem with the room, and an awful distraction at that, the cure being so simple was a relief.
The room is so asymetric, I wouldn't even know where or how to make further improvements.
BUT, sometimes a simple/ inexpensive change can make a big improvement.
I wouldn't even know where to start to integrate a subwoofer.
Various consultants are available, including the highly regarded Rives Audio. But one thing for sure, a near-cubic room is no place for a good stereo!

Username: Kardary7

Nashville, T.N

Post Number: 1
hi every one

i want help

i have dish have 4 LBN 91 & 101& 110 & 119 togther

when i puted in this two 91 & 110 is working

but other two is not working .

i want to know how all 4 of them is working together

with what degree is going to work

please if any body know answer this question please email me

kardary7@hotmail.com