Warm Sounding Cables

Bronze Member
Username: Pramodapple

Sharjah, UAE United Arab ...

Post Number: 14
Dear all experts out there,

which is the warm sounding cable out there, I have one Van Dan Hull MarkIII D102, and planning to buy QED Silver anniversary cable. will these go together, between my CDP NADC542 and NAD Stereo PRE162/272 Power. B&W 602S3 speakers, I have also ordered QED Silver Anniversary Bi-Wire Cable. is any one is using these cable with the seemlier gear I have and if can post their impressions that will be a great help for me.

Thx in advance
Pramod

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 279
I have never heard of a "warm sounding cable". But your amps and cd player are where the real wamr sound is comming from

Bronze Member
Username: Cobra11

Post Number: 92
Parmodapple:
Have you tried MIT speaker cables?
I have these attached to my B&W fronts and center and they do a really nice job.

Username: Mr_hifi

Post Number: 3
If the cable sounds "warm" in a otherwise bright/rough system than you have a problem. That "warmness" is most likely due to that the cable filter you signal in one way or another, which will impact the final level of detail and/or bandwidth.

Get a "normal" good quality cable for some 50-100 USD, e.g. Blue Jeans have some good ones without mumbo jumbo, http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

Then spend the rest of your time and money on sorting out the system matching to get the sound you prefer. Some products just don't sound good together. I myself have the B&W 704 speakers which I like very much. However together with a Plinius cd-player (which is really a great cd-player) they sound like shiiiit, aggressive and harsh, so it is all about matching. If the system don't sound good it is telling you that the components aren't very happy together.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5309
P (if you still are there), this is where a truly solid relationship comes into play. Used cables come and go all the time. 100 hr cables are in the gear there, take a coupla sets home overnight.

Avoid mistakes. Find a good dealer!

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1298
Neutral sounding cables are always best. You don't want to add or take away from the original sound of the recording. I like audioquest if you can find them cheaper than most places sell them.

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 140
I would try Signal Cables. Signalcable.com
I find them to be a little on the warm side.
Great for the money too

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 24
Cardas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us