Best Possible Picture for Wii

Username: Anarchangel

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

First post, so just wanted to say hi. So.....hi!

Right here's the thing. Obviously, I want the best possible picture out both the Wii console and my DVD player. This would of course be 480p. However, my equipment is annoying, so I could do with some help on what is optimal in my setup.

I have:

TV - LG 32" WE32Q101P (not LCD or plasma - don't bother looking it up, there's no useful info on the net). Basically, it has 2x Euro Scarts (1 capable of RGB signal), S-video, Composite, and VGA (640x480). However, one of the AV channels lists itself as "Component" which is confusing, as I don't have the red, green and blue jacks.

DVD - Samsung SV-DVD640 - 2 Scarts (I "think" both RGB, but could be wrong), Composite, S-Video, Digital Audio Out

Basically, I want both DVD-player and Wii to be optimal (480p or closest to), but with only 1 RGB accepting Scart on the TV, that's gonna be hard. What do you guys suggest? S-video, RGB, Component with a RGB Scart adaptor, VGA?

M.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 266
use conponent cables for both

Post Number: 2
Thanks you for the reply.

However, as stated above, I do not have component inputs.

Are you saying that component cables with an RGB adaptor such as this http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/YUV-RGB-SCART.html will give a better picture than an RGB Scart cable?

M.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 267
Well if ur tv has the aapter input then yes

Post Number: 3
What do you mean the "adaptor input"?

My TV has one RGB Scart input. It does not have component inputs. We are not even sure my TV can output a component signal at all. Are you sure that component cables with an RGB adaptor is better than an RGB Scart cable?

M.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 268
RGB is pretty much component from what i have read just use the RGB for the Wii and use the s-vdieo for the dvd player cuz i dont beleave they have a s-vidoe game for the Wii

Username: Juddder

Post Number: 1
Hi Mark

Did you manage to get your TV to work with component input? I have the same one and am trying to rig up an HDMI lead to it.

Cheers

Username: Juddder

Post Number: 2
Hi Mark

Yes, it looks like our TV does support component input through SCART even though it is not documented. I found this out by reading the engineers manual which talks about a DVD mode that supports Y, Pb, Pr through Scart 1.

Hold down OK and OK on both the remote and the TV for 5 seconds+ and you can enter diagnostics mode. Press the Yellow button I think to ensure that DVD mode is on, and you should be fine.

I have my Apple TV running through SCART this way just fine :-)

Alex
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us