Remote Help

I am having extreme difficulties finding a compatible remote control for my home theater system. I have purchased several remotes of various brands and some work with certain things while others do not and vice versa.

I have a Harmon Kardon AVR320, Onkyo 5 Disc Carousel DVD, Scientific Atlanta Digital Cable box, and Toshiba HDTV.

At this point, I do not care about price, I just want something that will at least provide the basic functions for each. Do you have any recommendations?

I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thank you.

Derek
Go to www.remotecentral.com. They have a ton of remote reviews to pick through.

I have actually had very good experiences with Radio Shack remotes. They are cheap and look to be made by Universal. Most remotes list the brands they control on the back.

Have a look at RCAs Universal Custom 8 ($60) and some of the Sony remotes ($19 to $200) at Best Buy. As long as it learns and is backlit, you should be happy.

Hope this helps.

ron vernem
Unregistered guest
im having trouble finding the codes for my oneforall universal remote. The model number is urs-5705. I want to program my tv and my hughes sat. receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiophiliac

Boise, ID USA baby

Post Number: 19
If you want the easiest to use and easiest to program, look into Universal Remote's MX series....the 500 is only $169? and will control up to 10 devices. It will also do macros. The MX600 adds RF capability. The 700 is PC programmable only but is almost limitless. The 800 is my favorite...it adds RF to the 700. They are all very ergonomic..big buttons...well laid out..well labelled. www.universalremote.com

Username: Mfzd3063

Lauderhill, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Some body is looking for Sony Remote Control, membrane model RM-LJ304, I have a new remote for sale.

Username: Pepewinsome

Perth Wester...

Post Number: 1
HI ive recently purchased the AUDIO INNOVATIONS ALTO cd/amp and it has no remote, any idea where and how much i can purchase one for? Im in Perth Western AUstralia..thankyou.

Username: Builder1

Post Number: 6
I have the Sony RM-AV3100 universal. It has a big touch screen and should control everything. Any remote with the "learning" ability should work as long as you have the original component remote to program the buttons with. There are also many presets built in for most brands but some learning is probably going to be needed for certain buttons.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us