Upgrading your power source

Bronze Member
Username: Skareb

Kuala LumpurMalaysia

Post Number: 46
I was at a friend's shop yerterday, (who happen to own an electrical supply shop and known locally in the audiophile realm as Uncle Robert) we had a quick chat about power supply. He advised me to have a dedicated line direct from the main switch board so no mixing with other power source. The benefit would be clean and ample power feeding the Hifi. I was really taken in and so arrange my electrician this morning to start the project.

We use 6mm for Live and neutral cable, 4mm for Earth. Uncle Robert help source the imported MK direct switchless socket and a dedicated imported ABB Germany MCB at the switch board. It took 3 hours to complete the instalation, and after cleaning up all the mess and here goes.....powered up.

The sound is so much damn quiet, at first I thought it was just my brain convincing me that after all the money and trouble this gotta be better. But when I notice I was playing the volumn at 30 and still be able to chat without shouting and nothing annoys me I know the system is so much more cleaner and balance. The bass is also tighter and more detail, not just muddy boom but I can hear things working down there. I get better resolution and its so much improvement for so little money spend.

Ok this DO sound like those TV commercial but really "Now wait theres more!" The imaging of instrument is so much more sharper you can like touch those objects.

I got very good experience from this and actually benefitting, but it could be originally my power source was dirty with noises as I share my line with TV, astro, table fan and god knows what else. Somemore I use those pasar malam extention cable and RM3.50 adapter. So now you know la, don't buy thousands of ringgit of hifi and use RM3.50 adapter, the bottle neck will rob you like hell. And for those who happen to lived on landed property you can have a dedicated Earth installed, putting some 5 foot copper bar and you ground your earth properly and you end up having really super clean DC source. Unfortunately I can't enjoy the luxury of that as I live in an apartment.

So thank you Uncle Robert for all the great advise and I've to go enjoy my hifi with its new life and zest!

Read more about this at http://www.malaysiahifi.com/viewtopic.php?t=173&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 130
Thats kool

Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 4