Remote stopped working

Username: Beatlefan

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi: I bought an RCA 61" HDTV about 2 years ago. Suddenly last week, the remote stopped working. I made sure it was on TV, changed the batteries, etc., but it still doesn't work and I have to use the buttons on the front of the TV to turn it off, on, etc. Does anyone have any ideas?
If so, please email me at home. I am not sure when I will be able to get back to this site for a few days at least. my email is: oldbeatlefan53@yahoo.com. Thank you so much.

Username: Rfmd70

Post Number: 3
I am also having a remote problem and while reading information online I found that it could be that the remote sensor on the tv may need to be cleaned. Although that didn't help my problem maybe it will help yours.

Username: Beatlefan

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
well, I bought a new remote and it worked for awhile. Then the TV would not turn on. The remote worked and the little green light on the TV kept trying to come on and connect but it just wouldn't. It would not turn on from the remote or from the on button on the front of the TV. I finally called the repair guy and get this - the part is going to cost $525.00 and has to come from the U.S. I live in Canada. So after only 3 years of having the TV, it is not working and who can afford to pay over $500 to fix that part. So I have been without a TV (well I have a small one in the bedroom) for about a month now. I just can't decide what to do. I paid over $3,000 for it in the first place and I know I will never be able to replace it at this time in my life - financial problems, etc. I have had nothing but trouble with the RCA TV since I bought it. The repair guy said that that specific part wears out often. So I will never buy RCA again.

Username: Lori_mac

Post Number: 1
i have an audiovox 4 button remote car starter and recently changed the battery.....now it doesn't work. i remember once before i changed the battery and it had to be reprogrammed, but since then the dealer has closed, and i'm helpless. anybody know how to reprogram the remote starter??

Post Number: 4
is your remote start on your car factory or aftermarket? If it is factory you should be able to get instructions from your vehicle owner's manual or you could get instructions from the internet either way.

Post Number: 5
Lori, let me know and I will try to help you if you still need it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us