Wireless Remote Extender - What Is it?

Username: Frank1203

Post Number: 3
I have a Logitech Harmony Remote 880 which controls all of my "line of sight" audio/video equipment.

I am very happy with this remote but now have a requirement to control my CD Player (which is located with the rest of my equipment on the first floor) from my basement. Obviously this creates a problem because there is no line of site.

I realize that I could upgrade toa remote with wireless capabalities but i really do not want to. I went online and noticed that there is a such a thing as a Wireless Remote Extender. I know very little about this (other than what I've read) and I know the one I saw from Radio Shack comes with a Transmitter and Receiver. It appears to be compatable with any remote and the instructions claim that I just plug in the transmitter and receiver in the AC outlets at the desired locations (in my case - one in the basement and the other near the CD player upstairs).

So if anyone has experience with this.. Is it really that easy? Does it work? Can anyone tell me anything about this? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2439
I've been using one for years, it works great. I had to position the antenna and sender for best results, but after that, no problems whatsoever. They sell them at Wal Mart too. I picked one up on ebay for about $15.

Bronze Member
Username: Sal1976

Post Number: 13
i have a logitech and its great

Bronze Member
Username: Sal1976

Post Number: 14
i paid $10 for it at a pawn shop and it works great
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help